AC 2023 RD AC Racing Club GT Championship - Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thank you very much. I read the rules yesterday, all clear so far beside the mandatory pit stop. Do I just have drive trough the pit or do I have to service the car in any way e. g. tire change!?
You have to come to a stop and let something "do".
Can be just 1L of fuel, which basically means coming to a stop in your pit box and instantly driving back out of it again.

However I can tell you these things:
1. These cars refuel very slowly and a full tank doesn't get you through the race.
2. 20L take as long as the tyre change
3. Soft tyres melt away after a few laps
4. Hard tyres have no grip

This means that most people start with an almost full tank and refuel 20L, while starting on mediums and changing to mediums during the refuelling.

If you get into the pits before 50% of the race, you will have more average grip since the starting tyres get more load due to the full tank.

If you pit after 50% of the race, you will need to "hold out" with worn tyres but will have fresher tyres than the rest at the end.
Fresher tyres + lighter car = nice advantage!

So the strategy game is definitely on for these races :D

Thank you very much. I read the rules yesterday, all clear so far beside the mandatory pit stop. Do I just have drive trough the pit or do I have to service the car in any way e. g. tire change!?

See above!

Just to add to that, if you get a drive through penalty you don't need to stop in the pit box. And if you stop ot won't clear the penalty!

Alright, pretty new in AC still. Drove years in iRacing and WAY BACK these cars in GTR and GTR2. I was thinking that the fuel would be enough for 1 hour, but didn´t test it yet.

Thanks very much for the explanation. So the mandatory pit stop is "mandatory" even without the rule, you will have to refuel to make it to the end ;-)

So the mandatory pit stop is "mandatory" even without the rule, you will have to refuel to make it to the end ;-)

True! That rule has crossed over from GT3/4/E. A more thirsty motor in these :)

I think the lowest fuel I've needed so far was 106 litres. (86 + 20) It is maybe possible to finish the race at a slow track with alot of coasting and one set of hard tyres! Might need a helpfull push over the line :)

Do I have to pick a livery from the packs, or can I also pick one of the RSS ones?

I would prefer the Saleen #77 from RSS, but if I had to pick from the packs, it would be the Gulf Livery #6

Just thought I'd share with you my "Setup Building Layout":
acs_2023_02_01_01_04_07_761.jpg

I record this via OBS in my monitor's resolution at 60 fps. Bitrate set to 60.000 via nvenc.
To enable dev apps without Content Manager:
\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
[AC_APPS]
ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1

Apps, left to right:
  1. Car engineer:
    1. Try to avoid having the springs at the same Hz
    2. dampers close to 1.0 drive the "best" but often need to be softer for stiff suspensions
    3. lower bump, higher rebound often drives nicer
  2. Wings:
    1. CL and CD are the values of interest!
    2. CL = Lift => Downforce at positive values
    3. CD = Drag => the lower, the faster
    4. You can try to lower the rear until some CD values drop a lot. But this car has no CD for the Diffusors anyway so... yeah
  3. Suspensions:
    1. Not that much to see here apart from the 4 yellow bars, which from what I understand indicate the grip limit. So maximum corner speed with the best possible setup would show all 4 wheels at 99% of the bar.
    2. It's not really the grip limit, it's the slip ratio, I think. Anyway, I only activate for a few laps every now and then to see if there's a big issue or which tyre is causing my spins/lock-ups/etc
    3. You can also see how the differential settings are working. With power diff at only 5%, you can see the inner rear wheel going red, while you're barely starting to slide.
      With a high power diff setting, you'll see both bars shoot into red and spin out.
  4. Camber Extravaganza:
    1. Not much needed to say about this. Green = maximum grip, blue = not the best grip, red = grip drops off
    2. The only important side is the outside while cornering!
    3. green front + red rear => oversteer
    4. red front + green rear => understeer
    5. green front + blue rear => agile with some safety for the rears
  5. Telemetry:
    1. Set to Ride Height!
    2. The FF_Final isn't really important. It shows if you're clipping though, which can be handy. But I'd prefer to have only the ride height graphs and nothing else...
    3. "Oversteer Factor" is just a gimmick.. I guess we all know when we're starting to slide, lol
    4. The ride height front and rear graphs are, from what I understand the "correct" values. If the graph hits the bottom, you're bottoming out. It's interesting to see the ride height dropping to 0 and then looking at the WINGS app, seeing some instant CL drops.
  6. SusTelemetry (needs to be zoomed in)
    1675209020838.png

The upper bar are your bumpstops, the lower bar is the suspension.
    If the bars hit, the car is sitting on its bumpstops.
    This can stop the car from diving too low under braking, causing oversteer while turning in.
    Or it can keep the ride height from dropping too far, stalling the front splitter or rear diffusor!
Sadly not everything is shown in the MoTec telemetry and way too much is going on to watch things while driving.
Most of it isn't working in replays either...
So recording and looking at it afterwards is the only possibility!

Do you need this to get fast? Nope, absolutely not.
It's also not working wonders for your average setup.
But if you're confused about some snap oversteer or annoying understeer, it's worth having a look!

Here's a lap around VIR with my race setup. But only with mouse steering (arrow keys for throttle/brake and upshift/downshift) :roflmao:

Last edited:
Just a little note about the massive screen clutter in my post:
I usually first get up to pace, then try to adjust the setup by "feel" (and camber extravaganza) and only then I'll do a quick check if there's everything okay or not.

Or if I happen to have no idea why I'm losing control or the car handles like crap in certain moments.

At Road America, I only used camber extravaganza after everything was fine and for VIR, I simply used the same setup and worked from there with little adjustments.

So it's more like "Mh, I think the car is bottoming out in that crest, which is why I'm losing control. Or I might need more rear wing?"
-> activating all the apps
-> seeing that either I'm correct or that the car isn't bottoming out, but instead my right rear rebound is too high, making the wheel not coming down quickly enough and the little yellow bar from the" suspension" app flickering red.

But it's usually bottoming out, stalling the rear diffusor and instantly spinning.
I learnt that when having random spins at Eau Rouge.

All that bump stuff is one bit of car set up I haven't begun to understand yet.
Me neither.. I usually keep the wheelrates at default and only adjust 1 click +/- to balance over- and understeer.
Then I adjust dampers as a package, keeping the rebounds a bit higher than the bumps.
If the car feels good but wobbles too much, raise the damper values.
If the car feels too stiff in a weird way, lower the damper values.

You can write a book only about damper settings but even after reading everything I could find and looking at the Motec histograms, I couldn't use it for anything meaningful and went back to adjusting them by feel...

Thanks for sharing this valueable information. Any guess what Laptimes for the race are in the ballpark? Under 2min for sure, but even below 1:55?

I took a few more laps today and man... even the Medium Tires are melting away. After just 5 Laps it seems like 20-30% are gone. That is much... and bad... I guess. Or maybe something is wrong with the setup or my driving.

I don´t know how to take the slow right corner before the long straight and the long right hander after the straight and the fast right.

I also don´t know what I should touch in the setup, besides from Aero. For me personally, it drives ok. Maybe I have a strange understeer in slow corners. I hope I won´t the dead last on sunday.

I remember the times when I used to fine tune GTR setups with motec and all this stuff. It feeled so "professional". Nowadays everything is life and in an app. It is strange. I still know a little from it, but it seems it doesn´t transfer so good to AC and this RSS Mod.

Maybe I should have a look in the springs. Will test this tomorrow, but don`t know in which direction I will go.

EDIT: Sry, wasn´t my intention to spam the registration thread. Thought I was in the race thread.

Last edited:
Just to add to Rasmus great summary, for the past year I have been fiddling with “flat” ride, basically, you want higher rear frequencies to the rear. Helps the car turn better and controls the car's reaction over kerbs.
I think it is more to do with how I drive, from a personal perspective, so I have “not got any conclusion from this”. But as Rasmus pointed out, I always look to get front and rear frequencies out of sync.
Obviously, I am not sure about AC inability to ride kerbs, if it is inherent in the software, ( other sims are certainly not the same ). So I guess sometimes you have to know if your adjustments are within the practical parameters of AC software.
Rasmus was saying, it will not make you faster, but it will help with the way the car drives, which is so true.

PS noticed your setup is "flat ride", was that intentional or just an accident of the setup.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing