2022 Formula One United States Grand Prix

It is nice to see America come up with a real F1 track as they have in Austin. I don't like street circuits as they lead to accidents and pace car sessions that go on to long eating race laps. Here there is gravel or paved surface so if you mess up you can get back on track and slow car down to reduce the impact of the wall.
I could not believe Seb had the Aston Marin in lead but he was playing the long game on a hard tire. (This is common in F1, A driver is up front and then they pit and fall backwards)
There was a lot of track limits violated but its to do with the car and physics of it in turns. I think FIA should give up and say we tried to enforce it and could not police it and now we just let them do it. Drifting wide on exit is to me racing. The late Gilles Villeneve did it all the time. Its exiting to watch.
Well done to Max and Red Bull on another tittle. Sorry to hear of Detritch Mansuitz passing. People are drooping of like flies these days.

"...come up with a real F1 track"
??

Watkins Glen hosted the USGP from 1961-1980 and is a much more interesting track than anything they've used since.

And I thoroughly agree that street circuits are wretched. Most drivers do not like them, and they are horrible for spectators; you either sit at one place and watch one little section of the track or you wander through crowds and back alleys to find different viewpoints and miss most of the race. Better to stay home and watch on TV. As for racing, the slightest mistake and you're into a concrete barricade; if you spin and hit nothing you will be hit by other cars since there's nowhere to go to avoid a collision. (Not to mention few cities are willing to tolerate the cost and aggravation of hosting them very long. Our city bailed after hosting a downtown IMSA race for four years.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back