2022/21 NTT INDYCAR SERIES

Skins 2022/21 NTT INDYCAR SERIES 1.20

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is a very comprehensive package with lots of liveries and really improves on what S397 has offered. So thank you putting this together as those generic liveries where getting a bit boring.

A few things I have noticed,

Some of the UI icons have a black background instead of being transparent.

I also noticed the file sizes for the skins are very big, some are 80MB which suggest that they are not in the correct dds format for rF2. S397's are about 20MB for instance. Also the "12_Penske_region.dds" file is considerably larger than the other region maps and one of the liveries lacks mipmaps, which not only affects performance but also the texture will shimmer at a distance.

For my own use I converted the liveries to the correct format (BC3 or DXT5) using "NVIDIA Texture Tools Exporter" and managed to save 1.3GB of un-compressed data and made the Mas file 200MB smaller. Which not only makes the pack smaller on my HDD but also reduces VRAM usage, while maintaining compliance with the game engine.

This is a very comprehensive package with lots of liveries and really improves on what S397 has offered. So thank you putting this together as those generic liveries where getting a bit boring.

A few things I have noticed,

Some of the UI icons have a black background instead of being transparent.

I also noticed the file sizes for the skins are very big, some are 80MB which suggest that they are not in the correct dds format for rF2. S397's are about 20MB for instance. Also the "12_Penske_region.dds" file is considerably larger than the other region maps and one of the liveries lacks mipmaps, which not only affects performance but also the texture will shimmer at a distance.

For my own use I converted the liveries to the correct format (BC3 or DXT5) using "NVIDIA Texture Tools Exporter" and managed to save 1.3GB of un-compressed data and made the Mas file 200MB smaller. Which not only makes the pack smaller on my HDD but also reduces VRAM usage, while maintaining compliance with the game engine.
Thank you for that I made all of these skins in gimp so its hard to compress them and I dont have the right tools to do so. I am still learning skinning myself so I do plan on working on making the overall package smaller I just have to learn how.

I was wondering why with this pack the tire squeal sound was back when it was fixed in an earlier IR-18 patch. Then I noticed this in the veh files,

Sounds=DallaraIR18.sfx

If you change it to,

Sounds=DallaraIR18_-snd.json

it will use the new balanced sounds for the new sound engine.

I was wondering why with this pack the tire squeal sound was back when it was fixed in an earlier IR-18 patch. Then I noticed this in the veh files,

Sounds=DallaraIR18.sfx

If you change it to,

Sounds=DallaraIR18_-snd.json

it will use the new balanced sounds for the new sound engine.
thank you for that I actually had no idea. All of the veh files were made before the update so I will for sure change all of them in the next update.

No problem, I was lucky with a skin I made (Newman-Haas Cart 98 inspired Fantasy) that I copied one of the veh files after the update, otherwise I would of done the same as you.

It does show that they are using a json file to override the original sfx file to add the new sounds, similar to how you can override shaders with json's.

alecking448 updated 2022/21 NTT INDYCAR SERIES with a new update entry:

Car V1.65 update.

Super special thanks to RoWo for updating the mod package to the new sound update and also for doing new icons for all the 2022 cars. This is just a quick hot fix for the new update 397 came out with. I am still working on a new car update that will feature the 2021 main grid and INDY 500 grid. However let me know if you all would rather have the 2022 grid updated first with the new skins from these past couple weekends or the 2021 grid first.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, great pack keep going !

i notice some menu icons called when in menu does not fit to the skin.
example with #28 DHL R8G (standard paint scheme)

in menu on an offline singlerplayer, i got the "Enevate" icon in display

Attachments

• RW-icons.jpg
    RW-icons.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 79

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years