That was a really nasty shunt for Latifi. Jusssst put the rear left on the grass and away it went when he turned. Hellish G-force although given how thick that barrier was he was lucky.

As much as Max is on FIRE this weekend, I have to point out that Hamilton managed an absolute stonker of a lap to close up several tenths on him for Q3, but it was just not enough.

Going to be either very messy tomorrow or very boring and processional with some pitstop overtaking.

Tell you what though, what a bloody track, Zandvoort is amazing. Loads of elevation, really different corners and will be absolutely brutal on the drivers over the course of a race - I think there's very few times in a lap that the drivers are below 3G and a majority of the time it's 4 or more. Most tracks have fairly long straights for them to recover a bit but Zandvoort is just an endless procession of lefts and rights. It was bad enough driving it in Assetto!

Verstappen had a horrendous snap of oversteer out of T3, as well as DRS not opening on the main straight.

He has a good few tenths in his pocket still. Will be very useful tomorrow.

True, but I'd rather it was close.

I want Lando to recover well, I'm okay with Max winning, but I want Horner and Marko to both lose. I definitely don't want either Max or Lewis to finish too far apart though.

Seeing the track in qualifying with trips in the gravel and the short nature i figured we would have a red flag. The race was clean and i love how the turns bank. Like in NASCAR this allows you to run different lines. You do not put yourself at a disadvantage ruing high middle or low on exit. Unlike conventional tracks that have one good way round and passing puts you on the bad side of the track, and at a disadvantage. So passing is easier in turns. Though if you run up top you need more power and use more fuel and have more tire wear. So the driver has a choice of racing line. And will need to run different lines on each lap based on car's around them and fuel and tire management. I would love to see how F1 work on a actual oval, There is stuff that needs to be done with the suspension geometry so custom parts will have to be made but i think it will allow passing as cars carry more momentum in turns and as i stated you can run different lines in and out of the turns. Making a challenge different from road and street circuits.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back