Pole position, led every lap, flag-to-flag victory... Verstappen is the new rain god!!!

What an absolute farce! No race was run, and no points should have been awarded. That was a sad day for F1, and further confirmation that money comes first, entertainment comes second, and actual racing limps home in last place :(

Yes i would of liked to see a race here on the best track on the calendar. But i am afraid if we went green a accident like the one to Antuone Hubert would happen. Or drivers will go into pits and retire saying it is to wet and dangerous.
Watch Mouvie RUSH Niki Lauda returned from burns to Fugi in rain. He retired as he felt there was to much risk which he analysed before each Grandprix.

Pole position, led every lap, flag-to-flag victory... Verstappen is the new rain god!!!

What an absolute farce! No race was run, and no points should have been awarded. That was a sad day for F1, and further confirmation that money comes first, entertainment comes second, and actual racing limps home in last place :(
Qualifying was achived by drivers. So that is half the job. The other is the race.

What a shame.
Money does nothing only men do.
Money is a factor i hope all attendees got a refund. Or the ticket can be swamped for another event. Say i had a hotdog stand at Spa i have to pay for location and food and drinks ect. I need to make above the cost of location to make a profit. Or i am in det.

On a bright side: in last 2 races only WILLIAMS had both drivers in points. :D That is obvious reason why they gave points yesterday. :roflmao:
As for money, do any of us fans that follow sport for more than few years need confirmation for this (it's not just F1)... Hopefully at least they will hear fans and not repeat this next time. It was clear that they would not let them drive for reasons of: rain and very wet track + multiple accidents in previous days on not so dump track + Anthoine Hubert + Jules Bianchi + drivers losing it even before race started. After that was clear, they did what they do best: mess up every possible decision from that point on. :roflmao:

Apperently the several crashes in Eau Rouge this weekend and previous years means that they're planning to reintroduce gravel traps to Eau Rouge. Which is honestly a good thing.

Also honestly, a lot of the drivers were complaining about the conditions. Not so much money talks here I think, if a lot of the drivers said on the radio they couldn't see the car in front of them whilst following eachother behind the safety car with the rain lights on.

Though I'm very happy that Williams scored a podium in a freak weekend :D. Russel deserves credit for what he did during that qually session, and he got it.

Last edited:
No race, no points.

Getting pole position doesn't automatically mean that you will win the race (or even finish it). The cars never raced a single lap, so to give points out for that is preposterous.

No race, no points.

Getting pole position doesn't automatically mean that you will win the race (or even finish it). The cars never raced a single lap, so to give points out for that is preposterous.
I have to fully agree.
No racing was conducted, so it is silly to give out points.
I understand they cannot control the weather and it would have been dangerous to release the teams to race.
That said... after the hour and a half mark, the race should have been 'called'.
A provision should have been put in place to move it further down the calendar and an offer extended to refund or honor tickets for the later date.

I have to fully agree.
No racing was conducted, so it is silly to give out points.
I understand they cannot control the weather and it would have been dangerous to release the teams to race.
That said... after the hour and a half mark, the race should have been 'called'.
A provision should have been put in place to move it further down the calendar and an offer extended to refund or honor tickets for the later date.

I agree wholeheartedly, and the only reason I agree with the way it has been done is because George Russel got 9 points :p

I think the big issue with rescheduling as a whole is that racing circuits rely on volunteer marshalls so you can't just make it happen on a random wednesday and expect a full showing. Moving Spa further down the calendar is also an issue where you have to find a date where: Spa isn't running its own events, Spa isn't undrivable because it's in the middle of winter and F1 isn't supposed to be somewhere else entirely. Looking at the current calendar, I'm not even sure where you could place a Spa re-race without creating a quadruple-header which I imagine would be pain for the engineers.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing