Alright when was that again.....?

Last edited:
If the "defining LIMITS" are the artificial grass and gravel trap was Verstappen "off track" by those predefined limits?

Also When Lewis locked up and went wide (I think it was the same corner, not sure though) keeping his corner speed up meant his exit was not compromised down the next bit of track, thuis he gained an advantage over Max yet wasn't penalised.

FIA loves to help the established driver.

However, article 27.3 that he refers to, specifically states that the track limits are the white lines and that kerbs are not a part of the track.

It all boils down to the people at the Federation of Incompetent Amateurs being unable to enforce their own written rules, and failing to accept that drivers go wide because they gain an advantage from it.

I am not a fan of Street circits but i feel this is the way we are going. If you have a track on a street bar the off roads that are for retiring, and a pain to get back to the track. The wall is verry close to the edge if not on it. So it enforces track limits. The car will slide and drift into the wall and probably sustain damage that can put you out the race.

I don´t dislike relaity TV but i get the feeling that it is orchestrated. When you watch a show like Sinefeld there is a team of writers that make the jokes and help plan the show. The actors just act. Maybe throw in something spontaneous. It is a fact Drivers are puppets. The Media tell them what to say or do in the teams best interest. The drivers only show their true coulours and opinions after they retire. Becuse they are no longer a marketing puppet for the team. So we often never know the real story.

If i came into your home with a camera and TV crew your behavior would change. Now if the camera and micropone was hidden i would see a different person. Sadly due to privacy laws you cant film people without their consent. The media is a team of puppeteers and they pull the strings on people to make it look real. But its fake like a Hollywood mouvie. Entertaining yes but fake. The only way to know a person like a driver or crew cheif is to meet them at there home. Not a party becuse they may put on a fake personality or be drunk or on drugs.

This is why I love DTS...you pick up on how some of these guys really are. Some are more open books than others, but you always learn a bit. It's how I came to see Charles LeClerc as a thoughtful young man who had to deal with loss at an early age. It's how Romain Grosjean went from someone I couldn't stand to someone I see a lot of myself in. And I LOVE seeing the different approaches to leadership by the team principles. All these guys are brilliant and all are fantastic leaders in their own way.

Just a random observation - I've been watching Drive to Survive and have gotten to know the drivers much more than back when I started watching F1 in 1991. Perez, Gasly, Bottas are really engaging, charismatic characters. Perez in particular I've a lot more interest in given his background. Today I found out that Bottas is a registered member on Live For Speed!

Would have been amazing to know drivers like De Cesaris, Alesi, Jos Verstappen to the same extent.
I agree. I think Netflix and F1 hit a home run with Drive to Survive. For a lot of people, the races are more entertaining when you see some back stories. I think F1 and the teams are learning to open up a bit more.

I've never heard one of these things IRL but I went to Oliver's Mount for Honda's 50th anniversary and some of real ear splitting stuff was there. Jesus, you could literally hear, I think it was either the RC149 or RC166 from miles away and it cut straight through you in an awesome way. Some guy at Cadwell also had replica Honda 6 250 he'd built and that also split your ears.

Last edited:
Well I imagine the pole winner will take the race win at imola as passing will be near impossible there. Alternately the only exchange could happen on an over / undercut like Hamilton did last year

So you don't think that not backing off enough to stay within the track boundaries is gaining an advantage? Going wide allowed Lewis to keep corner speed and not compromise his exit and thus speed down the next section of track. IMO that's gaining an advantage by completely negating a disadvantage. Seen it all before tho with Schumacher, so I'm not surprised, FIA always favours the established driver.
I saw on Autosport forum, a post stating that Rob Smedley reckons Hamilton saved 2seconds by going wide at Turn 4 for 29 (?) laps.
It is ironic that when Verstappen ONCE used that same bit of track unintentionally AFTER having overtaken Hamilton, he had to conceded the place.
Seems strange that the race director declares it a 'lasting advantage' in Verstappen's case, but Hamilton's saving of 2seconds by abusing track limits so frequently was not deemed a lasting advantage. If this was football one would suspect brown envelopes exchanging hands.

Look guys, F1 is building already the Varianta Lewis in Australia :roflmao:

REVEALED: The track tweaks set to make Melbourne's Albert Park Circuit 5 seconds a lap quicker in 2021

Don't be silly. Just examining the data. Jumping to the "fanboy" insult says more about you than about me! Your comment is akin to saying the police can't investigate a crime because the accused is liked by too many people or is of a specific "identity-group."
I do not and will not subscribe to that kind of stupidity,

now calling you a Fanboy is an insult??? how old are you 13?? oh that's right the generation made of Glass, that takes everything personal and gets offended by anything. word of advice, if it offends you and you take it as a insult, get off the boards, because taking anything that is being said on these or any internet boards as personal or as an insult to you as a person IT'S Stupidity.

Well I imagine the pole winner will take the race win at imola as passing will be near impossible there. Alternately the only exchange could happen on an over / undercut like Hamilton did last year
Yup also a lot of corners so not expecting merc to be good there at all. But then again merc might surprise us

I think it's safe to say they will be no further back than P4, the gains they made between the week of testing and the race were hugely significant. Pair that with an additional 3 weeks of prep and some race data to see what the car is doing aerodynamically they will be... prepared for sure. I would love to see Max or Checo take the win but I will not underestimate Merc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back