RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

2021 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

If the races happen like this one then Mercedes will still win. Better strategists than Red Bull and that Honda unreliability will creep in as the season goes on

Did you guys noticed, the textures on track are outdated, they still say its "Expo 2020 Dubai", but it's already 2021.

But Vettel, what was he thinking after the Ocon overtake.

Last edited:

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Max had little bit of fear and a wiggle there on the outside of turn 4. Hamilton vs albon at red bull maybe in his mind. Very well done by lewis to make it very difficult for him.

Not bad, two horse race really.
The win should have been for MV - a bit messy going off the track (part of that was good defending), and then the tyre advantage became less noticeable.
It looks like red bull can win at least half the races this year, and the belgian/dutch prayers will be answered. No doubt.

I find Verstappen a rather unpleasant little oik frankly. There's no doubting he has talent, but by jove doesn't he know it.

I didn't care much for his dad when he was racing. Driving over Brundle's head and ramming Montoya in the same corner in Brazil points to questionable ability.
Did you meet them in person?

what i don't understand is that more than often Lewis broke track limits x25 laps in the corner where Max returned his position after overtaking Lewis. Then it was said in one that certainly helped him build his lead after his pit stops.

They say if you gain an advantage be leaving the track you have to give back the position. One could argue that during the un-competitive parts you don't gain an advantage there. Would make sense to investigate that in the sim if that's true.

BP

Premium
Excellent race, amazing battle there at the end!! Although I'm not a fan of the red team, it's good they have gained some pace and Leclerc definitely punching above his weight as always. I think Carlos and Danny Ric will find more pace as they get more comfortable. Lando getting that close to the podium with P4 is really great; but based on today's performance I doubt McLaren will be able to fight for outright wins this year but hopefully their progress will carry over to 2022. To me, the guy to watch this year is Tsunoda...that kid's got some good moves and is pretty fast. Let's see if he can be consistent for a season.

So what did that teach us?

- Perez ok'ish

I'm not sure if you're mean ok'ish in a positive or negative way (it can go either way in my mind), but I actually think he did really good all things considered...Especially since this was his first race with Red Bull, he started last from the pits and still brought home 10 points to Max's 18.

Last edited:
What a fantastic start to the season. I personally found the race really exciting, wish Max was able to pull off the win but good on Lewis for being able to hold on. I do really hope they sort the ambiguity around track limits in the remaining racing / sessions. It seems like it should be straight forward you are on or off. None of this perceived "gaining benefit". All of that aside I was also impressed by Sergios drive from the pit lane to P5. I was also happy to see Lando and Danny Ric have a strong showing for Mclaren. Should be a fun season ahead :). Sucks the next race isn't for 3 weeks.

Jan Larsen

Premium
I'm not sure if you're mean ok'ish in a positive or negative way (it can go either way in my mind), but I actually think he did really good all things considered...Especially since this was his first race with Red Bull, he started last from the pits and still brought home 10 points to Max's 18.
Both. He was good in the race and unlucky with the ctrl/alt/delete car problem, but his race was compromised from the start from what I see as a slightly poor qualifying.

Reactions: BP
Late to the party, as written because of 'mandatory other family stuff'.....

After watching this race --> What an excitement. I think we as spectators are the great winners of this season opening. What a battles, strategy choices etc. Well done! The battle is on and hopefully for many races to come.