2020 Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans (Live Stream)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the first ever official 24 Hours of Le Mans - virtual edition.

This weekend marks an historic moment for the genre of sim racing, as the WEC, Automobile Club de l'Ouest and Motorsport Games are set to host what could well turn out to be the largest organised virtual race in history - the Le Mans 24 Hours Virtual.

Held as an officially sanctioned event in place of what would have been the real Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend, the race features an incredible selection of official teams, manufacturers and drivers. Two Formula 1 World Champions, three Indy 500 victors and seven outright Le Mans 24 Hour winners join together with some of the finest rFactor 2 sim racers racing side by side with their real world contemporaries .

Held at the beautiful Le Mans circuit in rFactor 2, and making use of the LMP2 and GTE content within the simulation, the race is set to become a high watermark for the increasingly popular esport movement we are experiencing at present.

You can catch all the action live here:

Having the diffusion in 4k would be great in the futur and having the link for the Charlene's foundation in the youtube's commentary section would be great too.
It would help for donations.

Alonso missed the emplacement i guess (was not correctly aligned for what i saw).

Not my cup of tea but appreciate all the guys contributing to this virtual effort! Broadcast is world class for sure.

Yeah, each to their own.

It will never be the same as the real thing but it's cool to see it being done nonetheless.

I find that I zone out during any sort of virtual race event, iRacing, ACC, RF2, etc. it will never be the same for sure.

However that opening shot of the grid making it's way round, that was impressive. Even for a virtual event.

Cool that they did the starting procedure too.

Looking at the leader lap times in P2, they are seriously on it 3m 26s at the moment.

Having the diffusion in 4k would be great in the futur and having the link for the Charlene's foundation in the youtube's commentary section would be great too.
It would help for donations.

Alonso missed the emplacement i guess (was not correctly aligned for what i saw).
So he ran out of fuel?

Yeah, each to their own.

It will never be the same as the real thing but it's cool to see it being done nonetheless.

I find that I zone out during any sort of virtual race event, iRacing, ACC, RF2, etc. it will never be the same for sure.

However that opening shot of the grid making it's way round, that was impressive. Even for a virtual event.

Cool that they did the starting procedure too.

Looking at the leader lap times in P2, they are seriously on it 3m 26s at the moment.

I find if i watch virtual events i just end up getting a massive urge to go play that sim/game myself rather than watch others doing it haha

It's nice that we came so far with technology that this is possible, but it falls so short from trying to capture the real thing.
Tracklimits? doesn't matter
Going over the kerbs or through the gravel fails to damage the car.

So it's basically down to having a decent internet rather than having car reliability.

Even as a simracer myself, I can't say this captures me.

Just saw the interview with Henri Pescarolo. I'd like to see a virtual race there with 1970 setup, no chicanes, bad lights, old school cars. Maybe something for the winter (or a Group C race). This gives a lot more possibilities.

Just saw the interview with Henri Pescarolo. I'd like to see a virtual race there with 1970 setup, no chicanes, bad lights, old school cars. Maybe something for the winter (or a Group C race). This gives a lot more possibilities.

Check out rF2 projects such as Le Grand Circuit, and 1967 Endurance or 1954 Endurance car packs that are essentially fantasy cars, but with aim to be as similar as can be to real deal.

Sounds real to me. Can't think of one real world series with consistent track limit rules, they are all over the place.

Where's the damage from doing that? They know they can just go over them all the time without any fear of actually hurting the car or the tyres, it makes it unrealistic, which is really the last thing a simrace should try to be.

Yes Pescarolo is against the chicane in the long straight and the pace car.
I agree.

The chicanes are there since 1990, it's time to get over it.

And Le Mans is there since 1923.

No time to get over it, it was a stupid choice made after a german car flyed into the sky.

A way to limit the speed in the straight line but a way to save too a lot of engines which break due to this straight line.

They have broken the rules of endurance with this chicane and Pescarolo who is a 4 times winner knows what he talks about.

And Le Mans is there since 1923.

No time to get over it, it was a stupid choice made after a german car flyed into the sky.

A way to limit the speed in the straight line but a way to save too a lot of engines which break due to this straight line.

They have broken the rules of endurance with this chicane and Pescarolo who is a 4 times winner knows what he talks about.

Please point me to these official rules of endurance that you mention, because I've never heard of such a thing. To take this attitude is to question why Le Mans, Nordschleife, Spa or Hockenheim changed.

Things change, like phones, medicine, seatbelts etc.
Deal with change or get left behind by it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back