2020 Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans (Live Stream)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the first ever official 24 Hours of Le Mans - virtual edition.

This weekend marks an historic moment for the genre of sim racing, as the WEC, Automobile Club de l'Ouest and Motorsport Games are set to host what could well turn out to be the largest organised virtual race in history - the Le Mans 24 Hours Virtual.

Held as an officially sanctioned event in place of what would have been the real Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend, the race features an incredible selection of official teams, manufacturers and drivers. Two Formula 1 World Champions, three Indy 500 victors and seven outright Le Mans 24 Hour winners join together with some of the finest rFactor 2 sim racers racing side by side with their real world contemporaries .

Held at the beautiful Le Mans circuit in rFactor 2, and making use of the LMP2 and GTE content within the simulation, the race is set to become a high watermark for the increasingly popular esport movement we are experiencing at present.

You can catch all the action live here:

Wow, just been looking at the broadcast, that's some serious effort with this one. Very impressive.

I hope that RF2 holds together ok, not a criticism of the game. I've had server failures with all sorts of large grid races but fingers crossed and they now have the server backup feature which is a great idea.

Looking forward to this one, ok it's not the real thing but still very impressive.

Plus big kudos for S397, considering the mess that RF2 was in a few years back this is great for them.

Describe Bram (& team) in one gif:

giphy.gif

And you deserve it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years