Alright when was that again.....?

BP

Premium
hang on very "few" champs win in the best car?

That was a typo. I meant to say "As stated before, very few champions have won when not in the best car, and Lewis is arguably one of those few in 2008 with the Ferrari having just a bit more pace that year. So he did it under both conditions."

The thing is with your outscored stat, is that we don't rate drivers on a 3 year schedule, but every year, so that number is IMO meaningless. I could produce another meaningless stat as well that swings it the other way...for example: if we remove any race where either or both drivers did not finish during those 3 years, for whatever reason (mechanical, collision, etc), so we have a straight head to head comparison (in other words, only points counted are events where both drivers crossed the finish line), Hamilton outscores Button 559 to 485. I find this to be more of "equal footing" since retirements caused by mechanical issues are almost always not the fault of the driver...but it is still a meaningless stat, because some retirements were the driver's fault (certain accidents).

We do however rank drivers based on yearly performance, and that's where Lewis beats Jenson 2-1.

For the record, I don't think Hamilton is the GOAT, nor does F1 truly have a GOAT due to the different conditions/technologies each era fought under, but only several "GOTT's" (Greatest of That Time), of which I think either Hamilton, Schumacher or Alonso deserves that title for this generation (last 20 years).

Anyways, dropping it, as we'll be going around in circles.

Jan Larsen

Premium
The entire car is pretty much a copy/paste. Brake ducts are just a small item in the copy/paste list, but easy to see and photogragh as a "listed part", so its easy to idendify as legal or not, which is why Renault is using them specifically. They dont have to protest the entire car, one part is enough to get them DQ'ed.

Small mistake, it’s yours:roflmao:

After half of the race trying to get past Daniel, Stroll gets away with that penalty free dive bombing on the last laps (Crashtappen style) and says: "ohh it was so hard to get past him".
Enough of protegees in F1, I say!
F1 racing isnt for kids, its high risk sport! Enough is enough.
And Max will only become a man when he gets a podium at Monaco!

That was a typo. I meant to say "As stated before, very few champions have won when not in the best car, and Lewis is arguably one of those few in 2008 with the Ferrari having just a bit more pace that year. So he did it under both conditions."

The thing is with your outscored stat, is that we don't rate drivers on a 3 year schedule, but every year, so that number is IMO meaningless. I could produce another meaningless stat as well that swings it the other way...for example: if we remove any race where either or both drivers did not finish during those 3 years, for whatever reason (mechanical, collision, etc), so we have a straight head to head comparison (in other words, only points counted are events where both drivers crossed the finish line), Hamilton outscores Button 559 to 485. I find this to be more of "equal footing" since retirements caused by mechanical issues are almost always not the fault of the driver...but it is still a meaningless stat, because some retirements were the driver's fault (certain accidents).

We do however rank drivers based on yearly performance, and that's where Lewis beats Jenson 2-1.

For the record, I don't think Hamilton is the GOAT, nor does F1 truly have a GOAT due to the different conditions/technologies each era fought under, but only several "GOTT's" (Greatest of That Time), of which I think either Hamilton, Schumacher or Alonso deserves that title for this generation (last 20 years).

Anyways, dropping it, as we'll be going around in circles.

Ah, That clears that up...did confuse me a tad.

I deliberately picked that stat purely on the basis that there wasn't actually much between the two, interesting about the retirements though. Just shows that stats can be manipulated to prove anything. (edit, by that I mean for the stat I mentioned as well)

Totally agree about the GOAT term, it really is a meaningless thing to talk about for the reasons you state. :) I said it when Schumacher got all his records, because he raced more times per year than the likes of Clark/G Hill/Stewart/Senna/Prost. And Hamilton races more times per year than Schumacher did.

GOTTs good, I prefer GCDC...."greatest car driver combination". :)

Car is defo the most important factor though. I actually think it's a shame for Hamilton as Mercs dominance will forever be a shadow over his personal acheivements. I think the Hybrid rule change failed F1.

The first real and serious problem of this "sport" (well, it's just plain and simple business) is that there is even a discussion on if the 6-time world champion is the best driver.
The second one being that this will be the 7th time and everybody knows it. For business' sake some have to deny they know.

The first real and serious problem of this "sport" (well, it's just plain and simple business) is that there is even a discussion on if the 6-time world champion is the best driver.
The second one being that this will be the 7th time and everybody knows it. For business' sake some have to deny they know.
Why? Same discussion back in Schumachers day, why should it be different now?

After half of the race trying to get past Daniel, Stroll gets away with that penalty free dive bombing on the last laps (Crashtappen style) and says: "ohh it was so hard to get past him".
Enough of protegees in F1, I say!
F1 racing isnt for kids, its high risk sport! Enough is enough.
And Max will only become a man when he gets a podium at Monaco!
Haha, some never growup :roflmao:

Haha, some never growup :roflmao:

Exactly, Max couldn't grow up because Red bull stupidity. Giving the only car available to finish a race to the baby face. True champions had to swet their shirts before earning a winning car. That's why Max will never become a champion.
But that doesn't really matter what's important is that in the process Red bull jeopardised Daniel's road to the title. Lets just hope Maclaren matches RB this year and we will have justice next season.

Last edited:
Exactly, Max couldn't grow up because Red bull stupidity. Giving the only car available to finish a race to the baby face. True champions had to swet their shirts before earning a winning car. That's why Max will never become a champion.
But that doesn't really matter what's important is that in the process Red bull jeopardised Daniel's road to the title. Lets just hope Maclaren matches RB this year and we will have justice next season.
Did you see the battle Max versus Bottas? Bottas can only overtake by DRS, give Max that MERC, and let Max and Ham battle.
And you know the RedBull is the minor car, for ones have an open opinion.
( ahg what the hack, we are just sim racers, who think knowing it all)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 fan? I want to ask you something if you are (also interested to know why if you aren't a fan).

It's community question time again, and this one is around the current generation of Formula One racing, and why you do (or don't) find the sport interesting in recent years.

I've been a Grand Prix racing fan since the very, very early 1990's and the sport has changed greatly in that period. Technology moves at a great pace, nowhere more so than in Formula One, and with the changing years has brought a vastly changing sport.

I'm something of an aficionado for racing, and have consumed much information and footage from motorsport well before my time on the Earth, and as such, frankly, the current Formula One leaves me a little cold.

So, my question to you all is:

Do you find modern F1 interesting, and why. If you don't enjoy the sport nowadays, why?

Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below!

F1 question footer.jpg

Last edited:
I just find Modern F1 racing fascinating and a very high risk auto sport at the speeds those drivers obtain. Also how fast
they can get in and out of the pits during a fuel stop. The start of the races are the most risky part of the race heading down
to that first turn. Even though I am an Indycar fan, I also like watching the F1 races.

For me F1 is like history. Since I was born I watch F1. I've seen Lauda, Prost and Senna. I've watched the Prost win at Monaco with Senna doing a superb race with the Toleman car, I've watched his first F1 GP win in Estoril, I've seen the fights with Prost, so good memories. I've seen Senna crashing and dying and tears coming to me. I've seen Schumacker dominance..man... so many things! It's impossible to not be a F1 fan.

This sport runs in my blood, I'm 44 now and I still count the days for the next F1 race.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000