Alright when was that again.....?

Inclined to agree on that plus you have to remember that with the latest rule ratifications Stroll snr can't just go and copy the best car out there anymore. Sadly for Seb he's learned the hard way that you're only as good as your last race. As I've stated earlier I'm probably a heck of a lot older than most in this debate and sadly I've seen too many once great drivers ending up in mid field or tail end Charlie teams because they just couldn't bring themselves to just walk away or see the writing on the wall. This world is full of young up and coming drivers who would give their right arm for a fraction of the opportunities that Stroll jnr has had. That being said I always rated him in the junior formulae, I think he either jumped or was pushed into F1 a little bit too early. Time will tell but I can't see Vetel taking kindly to getting his tail whooped by a rookie any more than I can see Stroll snr coming on the radio to fav son saying "Dude Vetel is quicker" let him through. Somehow I think next season is going to be rather interesting
It is true small teams work hard to lure experienced drivers. Remember Damon Hill got Williams tittle and went to Arrows to drive a Junker of a car and then Jordan. It is usually the other way around start with a bad car and work into a better one. The cost cap will send talent from the big 3 into teams mid and back of the pack.

Same thing happened to Lewis during qualifying lap at the A1 circuit this season, and guess who went off at the cost of everyone's lap that day - Bottas.

Last edited:
It is true small teams work hard to lure experienced drivers. Remember Damon Hill got Williams tittle and went to Arrows to drive a Junker of a car and then Jordan. It is usually the other way around start with a bad car and work into a better one. The cost cap will send talent from the big 3 into teams mid and back of the pack.

Hill had nowhere to go at that point.
It's handy to have an ex WDC because you can really see where your car sits in the pecking order.
If they can win WDC in the best car, and they can only get your car to 14th, you have a LOT of work to do....

Works the other way obviously too. The Merc could get any of the drivers into the top 5 easily... but Merc need to be 1st and 2nd.
But for sure Russell in Bottas's car would be at the front easily.

Last edited:
Hockenheim 2005 :inlove: I decided 2004 that before I start my education, 2005, I will go to a F1 race. I have followed F1 since 1998 and have always had the dream to "be on place where it happens"
Tryed to find friends that wanted to follow but none had the interest or money. I decided to take a single seat Buss trip from Staffanstorp, Sweden.
During the buss trip, I got to know my seat neighbour and later also share the hotel room. 2 women, 1 bigg Michael Schumacher fan and myself (passion for speed and motor tech) went with big expectations but we where amazed! The F1 circus around the event was bigger than we could imagine. Lots of attractions that did the event even bigger.
Sadly my new companion get robbed and we spent 2hours on Saturday talking to dutch police and try to solve the situation. My companion didnt get the glimt of Michael but, I loved every moment when gp2, F1, dragsters and other lovley motor driven cars where exposed to my ears :D
#thewomanwithSwedish&Finnishflagtshirt :cool:

• Deleted member 963434

Objectively this really shouldn't be surprising for this year's Mercedes at this track. It's still jaw-dropping to actually see pop up on the telemetry though.

i can only image this g force i was at one of biggest hypercoaster in europe it hit 4,8 G and i didnt know where i am, an Hamilton hittin 5,6 G how many laps? wont tey get sick of tis track later?

Danny now out qualifying the team he is going too,can’t take a trick.

Looking forward to this race on this beautiful track.

Good luck all and have a bonza race.

Loving the Ferrari footage on Sky Sports.

Locked up like prisoners here in Melbourne,Australia.

6 more weeks hopefully for some freedom,Thank God for sport to watch.

Beautiful sunny day it looks in Italy.

i can only image this g force i was at one of biggest hypercoaster in europe it hit 4,8 G and i didnt know where i am, an Hamilton hittin 5,6 G how many laps? wont tey get sick of tis track later?
I think Astronauts only get 3.5 g max travelling on a rocket to space.

I have been on a big rollercoaster,one with a backward seat which scared the living **** out of me.

It was the DC Rivals Hypercoaster ,4.3 g here in the Gold Coast,Australia,going forward was scary enough but I have motion sickness,took a pill but still felt like death when taking the two seats that face backwards,my gf loved it,she has no fear lol.

We are both in our 50’s and still love going on these rides.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years