Alright when was that again.....?

I think this is a strategic move, Perez and the Hulk I think can both out perform Vettle over a full season, I truly believe Seb is a spent force, and we have already seen his best and mediocre days.

I think he is in to make young Stroll seem a better driver when compared to a world champion teammate.

Seb has proven time and time again he is not to smart in wheel to wheel battles, he has not really shown much class since his early / mid Redbull Days, he has not aged as well as Lewis.

dont get me wrong he still has something to offer but hes not world-class any more.

Of course, he will be good for the marketing and promotional side of things

Sling Seb in Bottas's Merc and he'd be up front and closer to Lewis than Bottas is....come on he won 4 WDC in the best car.
Seb's performance now is Ferrari being poor and the fact that he has mentally left for Aston already, he did the same when he moved from RB...

To suggest he somehow has forgot how to be a race winner is laughable really.

Did Button suddenly over night become a WDC driver? Or did his car happen to be the biggest change?
Did Alonso just become crap or was it the McLaren....come on history will help you here...

Did the Hulk come back at silverstone a better driver and put a car on 3rd on the grid?
Or was it...the car....jeeez

Sling Seb in Bottas's Merc and he'd be up front and closer to Lewis than Bottas is....come on he won 4 WDC in the best car.
Seb's performance now is Ferrari being poor and the fact that he has mentally left for Aston already, he did the same when he moved from RB...

To suggest he somehow has forgot how to be a race winner is laughable really.

Did Button suddenly over night become a WDC driver? Or did his car happen to be the biggest change?
Did Alonso just become crap or was it the McLaren....come on history will help you here...

Did the Hulk come back at silverstone a better driver and put a car on 3rd on the grid?
Or was it...the car....jeeez

I agree that Seb would be on par with Bottas, I do not think he has forgotten how to race I just think he is incapable of racing at top level Danny Ric out performed him as did Charles.
If you put Charles, Lewis, Max, Danny Ric and Hulk all in the same car with Seb you really think he would be on the podium by merit?

As for world champions at present time you are only as good as your last season, if you're having a bad season you expect to be judged by performances of years gone by, yes you are still a champion and should be revered and respected for the past but if you dont cut it present day performance thats all that counts that season, no matter who you are and what you have achieved that is for the record books alone.

Seb just is not the driver he was not every driver can keep an amazing skill lever for so many years

Hes a good driver right now but not exceptional watch this space and see next season!

The Hulk would be a great diver for AMR he has no baggage and can drive as good as Seb and IMO would at minimum match Seb he has a cooler head on his shoulder and is not elevated in personal stature

Last edited:
I agree that Seb would be on par with Bottas, I do not think he has forgotten how to race I just think he is incapable of racing at top level Danny Ric out performed him as did Charles.
If you put Charles, Lewis, Max, Danny Ric and Hulk all in the same car with Seb you really think he would be on the podium by merit?

As for world champions at present time you are only as good as your last season, if you're having a bad season you expect to be judged by performances of years gone by, yes you are still a champion and should be revered and respected for the past but if you dont cut it present day performance thats all that counts that season, no matter who you are and what you have achieved that is for the record books alone.

Seb just is not the driver he was not every driver can keep an amazing skill lever for so many years

Hes a good driver right now but not exceptional watch this space and see next season!

The Hulk would be a great diver for AMR he has no baggage and can drive as good as Seb and IMO would at minimum match Seb he has a cooler head on his shoulder and is not elevated in personal stature

Hulk isn't 4 times WDC, and multiple race winner (had he got Rosburgs place like he nearly did then who knows) But alas he didn't.

Sebs CV rightly will get him seats. Just the way it is.

I would imagine that two people who are totally besotted with them selves have very little room for any one else. :)
let alone watching other people in F1 getting their limelight.

Last edited:
F1 is about teams and how competitive their car is and which driver generates most sponsorship in one way or another.
There is no driver championship, you generate most money, drive for Mercedes, make sure you are the number one driver, probably based on your ability to generate PR and income. You then compete for the worlds driver championship against no body.
Not really at all what I would think of a world champion winner.
Plus, just to bleat on, how can you be a world champion in the most elitist sport. Without the massive backing of Ron Denis you would never have heard of Lewis. just another outstanding racing driver. :)

I don't think Vettel is any different to driver who he was 7 years ago. Give him a car he can trust and voice in ear that knows what he is doing (I don't mean put Kimi as his engineer :p ), and he will be there.

Oh, please, I’m gonna cry...

Perez was not motivated by some altruistic impulse. He was saving his place on the grid. And it was not his money, it was his sponsor’s money. Perez still got his big salary at the end.

As for Lawrence Stroll, he saw a business opportunity and he took it. The man didn’t become a billionaire by accident. And he’s not alone in this venture, it’s a business partnership with several investors.

The whole « daddy bought a race team for his son » is a joke. Not to mention that Lance is actually having a pretty good season and is driving just as well as Perez. I wrote it once and I will write again: the amount of hate directed at the Strolls is simply ridiculous.
This is not hate directed at the Strolls. It's simple fact. You can dress it any way you like but Stroll Snrs only motivation in buying the assets of Force India was to put his son in an F1 car. Nobody makes a profit as a team owner in F1. Ferrari spend millions more on their team than the return in sales of road cars. Whatever Perez motivation was is irrelivant. If he hadn't forced the company into administration there wouldn't be a Racing Point (or Aston Martin F1) today. Maybe it's because I'm a good bit older than the average member of RD, but I come from an era where loyalty was rewarded and appreciated by employers. I'm not a fan of the current F1 nor of it's grossly overpaid drivers with over inflated egos. I do know though that the name Vetel on the side of one of your cars is worth more dollars than Perez or Stroll and please don't say that Vetel is going there out of the goodness of his heart to help an up and coming team. False, he's going there because no one else wanted him and his ego can't accept that his career was over. He (Vetel) has made a huge contribution to F1 over the years, I hope this move doesn't backfire on him. But I fear that this will probably turn out to be a massive failure

I'm sure if there was an "anyone but Lewis" button then it would be ahead by some margin. Superb racer and superb car but makes F1 drivel to watch at times.

Watching the free practice today shows that it could be a really interesting race. Hopefully the track temp and tire wear make it exciting instead of everyone slowing and managing...

Time will tell! Let's see what qualifying brings :thumbsup:

This is not hate directed at the Strolls. It's simple fact. You can dress it any way you like but Stroll Snrs only motivation in buying the assets of Force India was to put his son in an F1 car. Nobody makes a profit as a team owner in F1.

Well, you present as a fact your view. My view is that Lawrence Stroll is passionate about motor racing and wants to be in that world. He also bought the Mont Tremblant race track north of Montreal some time ago and that wasn't to give his son a track of his own. If he wanted his son to have a seat in F1, he simply could have put together a sponsorship package like he did with Williams. And you forget that he is not the sole owner of Racing Point. It's a group of investors. Did they really care so much for Lance that they all wanted to buy a team for him? Of course not. They invested to become the owners of a F1 team. They most likely believed that they could eventually sell the team back at a profit. Same way someone buys a franchise in a pro league.

As for loyalty and all that... This is F1. I doubt Perez was being loyal to Force India. He simply wanted to stay with the team. Plus, Lawrence Stroll owes nothing to Perez. Stroll and his group are the ones who saved the team from disappearance. Perez and his sponsors will most likely land somewhere else. I can't feel sorry for a multimillionaire driver with zero win replaced by a four-time world champion with more than 50 wins.

Last edited:
Well, you present as a fact your view. My view is that Lawrence Stroll is passionate about motor racing and wants to be in that world. He also bought the Mont Tremblant race track north of Montreal some time ago and that wasn't to give his son a track of his own. If he wanted his son to have a seat in F1, he simply could have put together a sponsorship package like he did with Williams. And you forget that he is not the sole owner of Racing Point. It's a group of investors. Did they really care so much for Lance that they all wanted to buy a team for him? Of course not. They invested to become the owners of a F1 team. They most likely believed that they could eventually sell the team back at a profit. Same way someone buys a franchise in a pro league.

As for loyalty and all that... This is F1. I doubt Perez was being loyal to Force India. He simply wanted to stay with the team. Plus, Lawrence Stroll owes nothing to Perez. Stroll and his group are the ones who saved the team from disappearance. Perez and his sponsors will most likely land somewhere else. I can't feel sorry for a multimillionaire driver with zero win replaced by a four-time world champion with more than 50 wins.

He purchased an F2 team and hired about 10 ex ferrari f1 engineers and staff...Stroll ended up with the best F2 car and a subservient team mate..

He gave 20 million to Williams to fund a simulator for Verruca Stroll's personal use, along with ex Williams F1 car and full staff to take him around the world testing it on various GP tracks.....

Then he had his first season in F1...

Whatever you say about Verruca Stroll...he should be a lot better the amount he has had piled into him...

Now he has his own F1 team.....

He purchased an F2 team and hired about 10 ex ferrari f1 engineers and staff...Stroll ended up with the best F2 car and a subservient team mate..

He gave 20 million to Williams to fund a simulator for Verruca Stroll's personal use, along with ex Williams F1 car and full staff to take him around the world testing it on various GP tracks.....

Then he had his first season in F1...

Whatever you say about Verruca Stroll...he should be a lot better the amount he has had piled into him...

Now he has his own F1 team.....
I am really not a fan of Lance Stroll, and despite being a F1 driver is a cool thing, imagine being in his position with all the hate and pressure on you, i doubt he would choose to do that again as he maybe just more or less slided to where he is now with his father pushing and "supporting" him.

I am really not a fan of Lance Stroll, and despite being a F1 driver is a cool thing, imagine being in his position with all the hate and pressure on you, i doubt he would choose to do that again as he maybe just more or less slided to where he is now with his father pushing and "supporting" him.

I doubt he cares much about if at all frankly.
Can you imagine the life he has had? I doubt its a life that gives you any worries or concerns about what anyone thinks and certainly no fear of needing to earn money or paying bills etc.

Look Stroll is no more to blame for being born rich as someone is to blame for being born poor.
But i won't shed any tears for Verruca Stroll.

Its a good job he didn't tell his Daddy his dream was to play for Barcelona as his Dad could not just pay to get him in the first team, only true skill and talent could do that.

F1 you can buy yourself into it.

If you were a billionaire (and even wanted your kid to be an F1 driver strange but true, not everyone wants to be an F1 driver...) you could get your kid driving the best karts in the best teams from age 6 and go through the formula's until you could pay for them to drive and F1 car.
That is all it is, you need money...and billionaire money...

A long way from the romanticised notion of "born to drive" isn't it....because its a load of rubbish.

There's some talk going around that McLaren may be interested in putting Perez in an IndyCar - that would be awesome!

Sounds like McLaren would think about running a 3rd car (in Indy), but don't have the funding carved out right now. I think Perez would bring some pretty hefty sponsor money, though. Either way, surely even running 3 IndyCars would be about 1/10th the cost of the F1 program.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back