Alright when was that again.....?

Stroll Jnr looking for a seat, daddy buys Force India in a move instigated my Perez. 100s of jobs saved at Force India thanks to Perez. Rumoured 70 plus million a year in sponsorship brought in by Perez. Vetel the whiner needs a seat, daddy's not letting son go, bye bye Perez. After 7 years of loyalty and pretty much saving the team he deserves better than that. I hope he finds a drive with a team that's worthy of him and stuffs it to Racing Point, that would be sweet.

It's about as much an Aston as the Sauber is an Alfa....

Eventually i'd bet Totto will go there too. Merc F1 will leave F1 as soon as they don't have the best package and either Lewis will race on and risk not being able to win or he will retire.

In fact i don't know what i am saying, it'll all merge into Formula E eventually anyway...

Seb won 4 WDC in the best package at the time with a subservient team mate (but better than Bottas and Nico)
So clearly we know at least the guy can win in the best car, like Alonso.
If this 'aston' is basically the 2020 Merc then i can see Seb doing rather well....

Stroll Jnr looking for a seat, daddy buys Force India in a move instigated my Perez. 100s of jobs saved at Force India thanks to Perez. Rumoured 70 plus million a year in sponsorship brought in by Perez. Vetel the whiner needs a seat, daddy's not letting son go, bye bye Perez. After 7 years of loyalty and pretty much saving the team he deserves better than that. I hope he finds a drive with a team that's worthy of him and stuffs it to Racing Point, that would be sweet.

Oh, please, I’m gonna cry...

Perez was not motivated by some altruistic impulse. He was saving his place on the grid. And it was not his money, it was his sponsor’s money. Perez still got his big salary at the end.

As for Lawrence Stroll, he saw a business opportunity and he took it. The man didn’t become a billionaire by accident. And he’s not alone in this venture, it’s a business partnership with several investors.

The whole « daddy bought a race team for his son » is a joke. Not to mention that Lance is actually having a pretty good season and is driving just as well as Perez. I wrote it once and I will write again: the amount of hate directed at the Strolls is simply ridiculous.

Oh, please, I’m gonna cry...

Perez was not motivated by some altruistic impulse. He was saving his place on the grid. And it was not his money, it was his sponsor’s money. Perez still got his big salary at the end.

As for Lawrence Stroll, he saw a business opportunity and he took it. The man didn’t become a billionaire by accident. And he’s not alone in this venture, it’s a business partnership with several investors.

The whole « daddy bought a race team for his son » is a joke. Not to mention that Lance is actually having a pretty good season and is driving just as well as Perez. I wrote it once and I will write again: the amount of hate directed at the Strolls is simply ridiculous.

He has brought a team for his son (again), end of.

Having an opinion on people isn't 'hate'. Careful, you sound like Lewis, always seeing colour when others don't...

Force India had already saved Perez's career after McLaren let him go really late in 2013. Does that make them even?

That said, I really like Perez, I'm sad he won't see out his contract with RP next year, and I hope he finds a great spot for 2021.

• Deleted member 561801

I sincerely hope he'll have a better season next year: I can't wait to see what he'll give in this new team.
Will he have a chance to win a podium? If he gives all these chances, he'll be able, I'm sure.

Having an opinion on people isn't 'hate'.

Errr... yes, it most certainly can be when people keep on writing constantly negative comments about one driver when that driver is actually doing quite well this season. Ever since Stroll arrived in F1, people have written negatively about him as if he was the first rich driver in the history of the sport. Stroll is not the first rich kid to go into motor racing and he's not the last. Yes he had a tough time early on and I blame that on the fact that he made the mistake of jumping straight from F3 to F1. But since then, he has slowly matured into a very good driver and shown he belongs there.

Last edited:

I've read it's closer to 12 million, rather than 70. If it was 70 then that'd basically be more than half the budget of some of the smaller teams.

Before the season I would have been quite angry if Perez would have been let go instead of Stroll - clear favorism because of father/son dynamic.

Now? Not so much. Stroll really has grown this season, his qjalifying pace is really good and hd is besting Perez more often than not. He is younger than Checo and is much younger, therefore hss more potdntial left. He also got the podium before 'Mr. always grabbing the odd one podium Perez'. In addition to that he still is Lawrence son.

A 4 time champ is on the market during the time, when Aston joins the team. Thats a rare opportunity. Sorry for checo, but Stroll was better

Errr... yes, it most certainly can be when people keep on writing constantly negative comments about one driver when that driver is actually doing quite well this season. Ever since Stroll arrived in F1, people have written negatively about him as if he was the first rich driver in the history of the sport. Stroll is not the first rich kid to go into motor racing and he's not the last. Yes he had a tough time early on and I blame that on the fact that he made the mistake of jumping straight from F3 to F1. But since then, he has slowly matured into a very good driver and shown he belongs there.

But he just simply proves that if you have a better car than others you are suddenly a better driver.....
He is under performing in the car anyway.

It is what it is though, I don't hate him or his Dad. I Just don't chose to be sycophantic over them (or anyone with vast wealth) and why should I?
I am not Canadian for a start.

What you are failing to cope with is people having a differing view point to you which i imagine is laced in some healthy bias.

OK i looked at your post history and you are very critical of Lewis (i agree with you) and stuff like this:

" He and Grosjean. In fact, I'd replace both Haas drivers. Magnussen never impressed me. "

Fair view point, could be debated in that Grojean in the right car at the right time has driven at the sharp end and i reckon he could pedel the Merc into top 3 no problem....
But yes, what you have said about them its a bit hypocritical to get jumpy about others saying similar to Stroll, no?

Last edited:
The Ferrari is dark red for this weekend I see.

For this weekend’s Tuscan Grand Prix at Mugello, Ferrari will race with burgundy cars, complete with special ‘1000’ graphics, a “faithful reproduction of the shade of red of the very first Prancing Horse car, the 125 S, and of the 125 F1 which took to the track in the Monaco Grand Prix on 21st May 1950”. The drivers Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel will sport different helmets and race suits, too.

Piero Ferrari, Ferrari’s Vice Chairman and the second and only surviving son of Enzo Ferrari, said: “Scuderia Ferrari’s 1,000th Grand Prix is a very important milestone, therefore it had to be marked in a special way. That’s why we decided to run a unique livery on the cars for this event, with the SF1000s taking to the track at the Mugello Circuit in the Burgundy colour first seen on the 125 S, the first racing car to carry the Ferrari name. Even the look of the race numbers on Charles’ and Sebastian’s cars will reflect the tradition of the past, giving the impression of being hand painted onto the bodywork, while the drivers’ race suits will also match the car colour.
“It’s a tribute to our origins: to our starting point for the amazing Ferrari story, characterised by an endless desire to compete, alongside the will to build road cars that are exceptional in terms of technology and design. Ferrari is unique in the world, because the company has the soul of a car manufacturer and of a racing team, an inseparable link that is never questioned.
“Only a few months ago, no one could have imagined that our thousandth race could take place at our own Mugello circuit. I am pleased that in the Grand Prix official name, Formula 1 chose to pay tribute to Ferrari, the only team that has always been present in the sport’s seventy one year history.”

Source: https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/m...-race-in-special-1000th-gp-livery-at-mugello/

I think this is a strategic move, Perez and the Hulk I think can both out perform Vettle over a full season, I truly believe Seb is a spent force, and we have already seen his best and mediocre days.

I think he is in to make young Stroll seem a better driver when compared to a world champion teammate.

Seb has proven time and time again he is not to smart in wheel to wheel battles, he has not really shown much class since his early / mid Redbull Days, he has not aged as well as Lewis.

dont get me wrong he still has something to offer but hes not world-class any more.

Of course, he will be good for the marketing and promotional side of things

Yeah Leclerc 3rd ... just like that within a week.
I do not believe just like that Vettel is that slower.. Ferrari have been clearly been holding back on car development with Vettel as they know he wasn't going to be re-signed

Anyway Mugello tonight on AC for me.

Last edited:
Yeah Leclerc 3rd ... just like that within a week.
I do not believe just like that Vettel is that slower.. Ferrari have been clearly been holding back on car development with Vettel as they know he wasn't going to be re-signed

Anyway Mugello tonight on AC for me.
they did say its a new chassis after the crash in monza so maybe it came with a few upgrades.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%