2020 Formula One Tuscan Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

Who do you want to see win the Tuscan Grand Prix?

• Total voters

Richard Hessels

1000RPM
Premium
Jul 23, 2008
Right, you are having some fantasy. Everybody will be 1st and 2nd in that Mercedes.. Bottas is a average driver. Some people found Rosberg already average.

@ZuneGuy I wonder how someone could be the best driver if he drive into a closed pitlane after years of experience?
At 250km per hour, in a blind corner somebody waving a flag.
A whole team of mechanics did not notice it either on the bottom of their screens.

He came in seconds after they closed the pitlane.
It was really on the edge.

Mercedes been investing a lot of time in Bottas, he is not the same medicore driver he once was anymore. People evolve and get better the more they do something.
He might not be the best driver of the grid, but for sure a very good one.

Ronaldoz87

75RPM
Apr 28, 2019
@Richard Hessels Mercedes is just babysitting the car in general. When Albon was close, they open up their real pace and were +2 sec faster then Albon in 1 lap. So Bottas could also attack Hamilton if he wanted, but they decided to manage the gap. And baby sit their engine. Bottas is just a chosen 2nd driver. He is not allowed (he don't mind) to attack Hamilton.

Last edited:

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
At 250km per hour, in a blind corner somebody waving a flag.
A whole team of mechanics did not notice it either on the bottom of their screens.

He came in seconds after they closed the pitlane.
It was really on the edge.
You should go back and check that again. He was halfway between Ascari and Parabolica when SC was called. He slowed down at first SC board (after this point Parabolica is not 250kmh corner, he is going much slower). Then he passed another yellow/SC board, then next one was with red letters (I guess saying PIT to small watching on phone, meaning it's closed).
Keep in mind, part of drivers job in respecting safety on track is: when yellow flag is out go slow enough to be able to react on anything ahead + all drivers need to know where sc/flag/pit boards are. So, he knew that board that can say if pit is closed is just after "blind 250kmh corner", but he choose to blindly trust the team. For that choice I blame to much radio allowed in races. But for pitting I blame mostly driver and less the team (in both cases, not forgetting Gio doing the same).

Reactions: ast654

ZuneGuy

100RPM
Nov 8, 2010
You're as deluded as zuneguy
Lewis is the best and he makes Mercedes better. They compliment each other. If Mercedes thought that anyone else was better than Lewis then they would have signed them, but they could only see Lewis as their future driver and he hasn't disappointed. People thought that Schumacher's records would never be broken, but Lewis is going to set records that probably never will truly never be broken.