Who do you want to see win the Tuscan Grand Prix?

• Total voters

2020 Formula One Tuscan Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2020 Formula One Toscana Ferrari 1000 Grand Prix.

After a spectacular race at Monza, Formula One has travelled south to the hills of Tuscany, as we are set for our first ever Grand Prix weekend at Mugello.

A fast, high downforce circuit, we can expect to see the cars and tyres put under a high degree of stress. That, plus the circuit being a track that not many of the drivers are familiar with, bodes for an interesting weekend.

With aerodynamic efficiency likely to be particularly important given the nature of the circuit, you would expect Mercedes to exert a degree of dominance at Mugello. With that said, if high tyre wear does indeed present this weekend, what has sometimes been the Mercedes' Achilles's heel this year may be the opportunity that Red Bull's Max Verstappen needs.

Ferrari have presented their cars in a special livery to celebrate their 1000th race in Formula One, a phenomenal landmark. Will they be able to impress their home fans though, off of the back of a tough weekend at Monza? What is for sure is that if this weekend's Grand Prix is even half as exciting as its predecessor, it'll make for an enjoyable weekend in the beautiful Tuscan hills.

Mugello.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
22. Software Engineer with experience in Formula One and Motorsport simulation.
Reactions: BrainsBush

Paul Glover

RaceDepartment Social Media Manager & Podcast Host
Staff member
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
The Ferrari is dark red for this weekend I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: muzikant

4lex5

10RPM
Dec 20, 2017
The Ferrari is dark red for this weekend I see.

For this weekend’s Tuscan Grand Prix at Mugello, Ferrari will race with burgundy cars, complete with special ‘1000’ graphics, a “faithful reproduction of the shade of red of the very first Prancing Horse car, the 125 S, and of the 125 F1 which took to the track in the Monaco Grand Prix on 21st May 1950”. The drivers Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel will sport different helmets and race suits, too.

Piero Ferrari, Ferrari’s Vice Chairman and the second and only surviving son of Enzo Ferrari, said: “Scuderia Ferrari’s 1,000th Grand Prix is a very important milestone, therefore it had to be marked in a special way. That’s why we decided to run a unique livery on the cars for this event, with the SF1000s taking to the track at the Mugello Circuit in the Burgundy colour first seen on the 125 S, the first racing car to carry the Ferrari name. Even the look of the race numbers on Charles’ and Sebastian’s cars will reflect the tradition of the past, giving the impression of being hand painted onto the bodywork, while the drivers’ race suits will also match the car colour.
“It’s a tribute to our origins: to our starting point for the amazing Ferrari story, characterised by an endless desire to compete, alongside the will to build road cars that are exceptional in terms of technology and design. Ferrari is unique in the world, because the company has the soul of a car manufacturer and of a racing team, an inseparable link that is never questioned.
“Only a few months ago, no one could have imagined that our thousandth race could take place at our own Mugello circuit. I am pleased that in the Grand Prix official name, Formula 1 chose to pay tribute to Ferrari, the only team that has always been present in the sport’s seventy one year history.”

Source: https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/m...-race-in-special-1000th-gp-livery-at-mugello/

Reactions: ast654 and MattGTX

Enagee

500RPM
Oct 15, 2010
Yeah Leclerc 3rd ... just like that within a week.
I do not believe just like that Vettel is that slower.. Ferrari have been clearly been holding back on car development with Vettel as they know he wasn't going to be re-signed

Anyway Mugello tonight on AC for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: muzikant
Jul 24, 2015
Yeah Leclerc 3rd ... just like that within a week.
I do not believe just like that Vettel is that slower.. Ferrari have been clearly been holding back on car development with Vettel as they know he wasn't going to be re-signed

Anyway Mugello tonight on AC for me.
they did say its a new chassis after the crash in monza so maybe it came with a few upgrades.

Alz_D

All about the N
Premium
May 28, 2019
I'm sure if there was an "anyone but Lewis" button then it would be ahead by some margin. Superb racer and superb car but makes F1 drivel to watch at times.

Watching the free practice today shows that it could be a really interesting race. Hopefully the track temp and tire wear make it exciting instead of everyone slowing and managing...

Time will tell! Let's see what qualifying brings :thumbsup:

bgil66

500RPM
Sep 24, 2014
So I must have missed it said during practice but why is the Ferrari a burgundy color?

Durge Driven

2000RPM
Jun 17, 2017
Great track where Kimi made his F1 Test debut

Funnily, when Raikkonen stormed around at Mugello (aged just 20) still in that boy-yet-to-be-full-grown-man mould, Lando Norris, who took his maiden podium earlier this year, was barely a few months old, while George Russell was two and the great Michael Schumacher had won just his third world championship.
:laugh:

Alex Harkett

250RPM
Premium
Oct 3, 2013
Been lapping here on Assetto Corsa, beaut of a track. I’m sure Lewis will wrap it up but expect a lot of complaining about tyres after what was seen in P1 and 2

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
Qualification will be interesting if all cars are on the track at the same time.

Last edited:

Appie Kuipers

500RPM
Jun 8, 2007
This track is about driver skills, not only full throttle racing in straight line like Monza.
The best from Monza will be nowhere this time:roflmao: