Alright when was that again.....?

Max reminds me so much of his father when the toys fly out the pram. He has great skills but needs a team that's tougher on him then Red Bull to put him in his place and then he might be great all round.
I read a book this summer about Jos and Max about their careers en personalities and they are similar but also very different. And he does not need a team to put him in his place... Max needs Red Bull and Honda to give him a WC capable winning car. Yes, Max may express himself strongly from time to time, but that is what he should do. Red Bull and Helmut Marko each year promise to deliver a car that can win championships and they are not delivering for years now. And even Hamilton complains openly on his pitradio and in interviews when he thinks his team did not do a good job or uses a wrong strategy in his opinion. That’s why Lewis and Max are the best drivers on the grid... they demand the maximum from their teams and from themselves.

Can anyone think of 'some kind of low grip surface covering that could be sprayed onto a track' ??
anyone
anyone
Bueller
Bueller
Nope.Cant think of anything. I'll go fill the kettle with water and have a cuppa.
I'm sure I can come up with something that can be 'developed'....
Nascar has long used 'spray on' traction enhancement pavement coverings. It would be simple matter of chemistry to reverse the process and then spray on a slickeryness coating.

To be frank, your suggestion is REALLY stretching logic! The dominance of the Mercedes cars is very obvious, apart from to Hamilton fans.
Lewis achieved 1 WDC and 20+ something wins from 2007 to 2013 incl. .. ie in 7 years
Lewis achieved 6 WDC and 73+ wins from 2014 to 2020, ie. 7 years

Bottas suddenly became a race-winner once he joined Mercedes. Hamilton is by far the better driver in that team and with Bottas as team-mate next year, it will WDC number 8.
I don't know of a sport where the champion a year ahead is already known.
Have you not paid attention to the past 20 years of the NFL? or this year's NBA? Guessing the winner is rather easy when conditions put certain components together combined with the collapse of competitors. Golden State was crippled, Los Angeles Lakers had possibly the easiest path to the finals via the Western conference in years. Brady & Belichick just happened to reside in the weakest division in the NFL for most of the past 20 years. Thus the path to the SuperBowl was consistently easier than teams faced in other divisions. Lewis Hamilton's past 7 years have been remarkedly free from competition. This is not his fault, not a dig against the man, but the failings of Ferrari and Mclaren to stand up to Mercedes have left us with rather predictable results. The one driver who did challenge him, Nico, finally got a championship and promptly retired. Imagine if the past few seasons were as dramatic as the year Nico won and also the year prior to that when he challenged for the championship. I believe Schumacher elevated Ferrari(combined with Brawn) and that was part of his greatness. I believe Hamilton also has elevated Mercedes and will no doubt be looked upon as truly one of the greats. I also believe that unfortunately for Hamilton, much of his recent success has been lacking a Mika Hakinnen or Alain Prost. Seb Vettel and Alonso both presided over the collapse of their respective teams. Hamilton benefited, but he had to be 'great' to reach out and grab what Ferrari, Mclaren, Renault etc , all found to be beyond their reach.

True. I read all kind of b.s. about Hamilton but he wins without bullying or cheating, unlike a certain German driver whose records are forever tainted in my opinion.
you mean Lewis never slowed down to back Nico closer to Seb in the off chance the Red Car could get between the two Mercs? Naw, he's always been a 'gentleman.' I think you will find, winners are ruthless, in some form or the other. Nice guys? Leave that to the marketing team.

AAvleugel-1500x1000.jpg

Last edited:
This is a calendar with the tracks that they have contract. Australia and Monaco are unrealistic in the first semester, probably they will change date... I don't think that Baku would be done, Azerbaijan is at war with Armenia...

you mean Lewis never slowed down to back Nico closer to Seb in the off chance the Red Car could get between the two Mercs? Naw, he's always been a 'gentleman.' I think you will find, winners are ruthless, in some form or the other. Nice guys? Leave that to the marketing team.

Sorry, but you can't compare LH's behaviour with Schumacher's. LH never tried to push another car off the track as MS did (multiple times). Adelaide 1994? Jerez 1997? Montreal 1998? Hungary 2010? (etc.)

He was supremely gifted but he still was a bully in my book and that's why I never respected him.

Last edited:
Nice article, all respect to Lewis on and off track

For me is one G.O.A.T. :barefoot:

muhammad-ali-pardon.jpg

Motorsports Goat has to be Rickey Carmicheal
Among his 12 AMA titles he stood on the podium 100% for 6
He won all 24 outdoors races in a season twice contending with double (40) the competitors

Till a F1 driver does that, well .... ;)

Last edited:
Nice article, all respect to Lewis on and off track

For me is one G.O.A.T. :barefoot:

muhammad-ali-pardon.jpg

Motorsports Goat has to be Rickey Carmicheal
Among his 12 AMA titles he stood on the podium 100% for 6
He won all 24 races in a season ....twice

Till a F1 driver does that, well .... ;)
Sadly for the vast majority of clueless motorsport numpties F1 is the only motorsport. I don't even regard F1 drivers as the best on 4 wheels, that's Rally drivers.

Mind you in a way I feel sorry for Lewis, what he has achieved with Mercedes is amazing. Car/driver dominance never seen before. But the dominance of the car overshadows his personal acheivements IMO. If the Merc was a POS and he was still winning then that's the driver, but in a superior car (in every area at the start of the hybrid era, then rivals sort of caught up in some areas (but crucially not overall)) it's the vehicle. I just don't understand why people can't "get" that, it's a fact that the car has dominated. It's an unprecedented era in modern F1 history, not the driver but the team dominance.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I am here on behalf of motoliser after he has been unduly banned from the website. He has now proof that Racedepartment is ran by a few people with no integrity at all. Also he would like to let everyone know that he won’t care less if he gets permanently banned and his uploads removed, because at this time he has gathered all the evidence needed to pursue a claim against the identities involved and individuals that made the derogatory statements. But of course first, shall we explain what happened? Here we go. motoliser was banned from the forum for saying that Hamilton was the best driver of the race and added: "Verstappen again the most overrated driver in F1 history." simply based on the fact that once more the F1 driver showed that he isn’t nearly as good racer as many believe he is. Shortly after, the following users start trying to “shut him up” While posting defamatory and trolling comments like: THK84: "Aren't you getting tired of repeating yourself? We get it, you don't like Verstappen." pcraenme: "good good...let the hate flow through you" Appie Kuipers : "You can say it stronger, he is frustrated" Covenant with all the trolling and defamatory acts, this staff member took this action against motoliser before banning him from the forum, Bram Hengeveld: "Trollling content removed, user warned and now we go back on topic." For the first time ever motoliser was forced to report any users, but those reported didn’t get any ban. Following this events, motoliser warned Bram Hengeveld that if his post ban wasn’t removed immediately he would sue the identity responsible for the website, but instead he got temporarily banned of the entire web site together with threats against his legit conduct!!! Shortly after he got permanently banned because without any evidence staff thought he was trying to register as a new user when infact it was me. Now again to all staff, as you can see I have proof of all that was stated here. Feel free to remove this post or ban me aswell if you so wish! Like I said above, motoliser already holds all that is needed to punish those involved. By the way RD, it is so naive to think you can muzzle someone on your website…its really pathetic if you know what I mean!!! Take care and see you in court.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%