Alright when was that again.....?

That's true, technically.
But in raw numbers he's 2nd now.
Hamilton is a bit of a cry babywhen things get rough, but at least he played fair all the time.

All drivers "cry " ...mainly the best.. Guess it's always easier to pick on Lewis......
2759840.jpg
who's crying now?
2759840.jpg

Me looking at qualy results: well, at least someone other than Merc will win.

58 laps later...

"Get in there Lewis!"

I'll never learn! :laugh:

So many deserving candidates - including Seb - but I'm honestly surprised to see Seb running away with the voting - thought there would be a wide distribution.

I went with Perez. He has a genius for tire management and that showed today. On a challenging day defined by huge position swings, he held station while his teammate dropped off the map.

On Seb again...he had a solid day and I don't think he's an unreasonable choice for driver of the day and, ultimately, it's just for fun but...it strikes me as a sentimental pick. Leclerc made a late lunge on Perez, much respect to Leclerc for going for it, but Perez kept his cool, fought back and Seb rode his coattails to the podium. If Leclerc doesn't make that lunge, Seb finishes 4th and I don't think he gets so many votes. Just my 2 cents...like I said, it's all for fun anyways.

Exactly, how I see it Hamilton outperformed his car this time. As car wasn't for top place. But Vettel also outperformed his car. And based on race pace from practice Vettel's car was further down than his finishing position compared to Hamilton's. Voted Vettel because of that. Going by same logic, Perez was average as his car was supposed to be 3rd without doing nothing.

For those questioning what Hamilton should do. It is usually problem that when he does something extraordinary. That is usually in weird races (and only time it is required from merc driver to be extraordinary), and oin those races there is always at least one driver from slower team that manages to get great result. That still doesn't take away anything from him, so no harm done.

Good race, quote from July 3rd for Lewis. It is ready for next year.
congrats on title.

EDIT: now I am super sad Hulk couldn't get this race. Imagine him in RP car, that was enough for pole in wet in Stroll's hands. That was I think best chance for him to get podium/win ever. Not even next year RB can give him better chance. :(

Last edited:
Hamilton and Vettel gave a lesson in how to drive patiently. And Perez showed how to manage it to keep your chances high. Though DotD for me is Leclerc. He managed it very good and in the end is the future for F1. He was one of the most impressive drivers this race.

Verstappen just screwed up is own race and only he is to blame for it. How partisan as I am... For me he showed why he could screw up WDC chances in the future. He's a hot head without patience no matter how brilliant of a driver he is.

Hamilton just showed who's the boss. Vettel showed he still got it and Perez proved why he should stay in F1.

I mostly agree. But to be fair, Vettel won 4 WDC's and he showed the exact same impatient behavior the last few seasons. Also showed he's completely not a hothead by driving into Hamilton under SC conditions, which I'm still baffled about he didn't get black flagged.

If you see the trajectory Max is on, he'll get there. But who knows. So many factors come in to play.

Hamilton has had more years to refine his driving and mentality. He's world class now and arguably was from his first season.

I do like the fact Max is a bit of a hot head. IMO many of the historic great battles are partly so great because of driver rivalry and them not being calm, composed, politically correct and PG13 all the time. It's just a shame the real battle is only in the midfield atm, which I quite enjoy.

Last edited:
As soon as Max bottled the start I called it that he would get frustrated and do something stupid.

I thought Lewis would win the title but not in such a dominant way.
Mercedes had the 3rd or 4th fastest car all weekend behind Redbull, Ferrari and RP but Lewis showed his class and ran away at the end on almost exposed canvas.
The only other driver as good at tyre conservation as Lewis finished 2nd, good work Sergio.

Bottas.......hmm well, this race showed the gulf in ability between the 2 teammates.

All drivers "cry " ...mainly the best.. Guess it's always easier to pick on Lewis......View attachment 420094who's crying now?
View attachment 420094

Well if Max have the same power car over the season you see more Lewis cry for 100%.. Max is the only one that split the merc with a underpowered car the whole season edit: for years now. Yess for sure he is in the end disapoint he is not a robot but human

Last edited:
2020 season is finally over, 2021 is probably over already at this point. Congrats to LH for his 8th chamionship, congrats to Merc for their 8th consecutive constructors championship.

Man, I always thought watching the german or spanish soccer league is boring (only Real, Barca, Bayern Munich will win the league) but hey…F1 taught me I’m wrong. :D:sleep:

However I have to admit that the Istanbul race was quite enjoyable thanks to the rain of course.

I mostly agree. But to be fair, Vettel won 4 WDC's and he showed the exact same impatient behavior the last few seasons. Also showed he's completely not a hothead by driving into Hamilton under SC conditions, which I'm still baffled about he didn't get black flagged.

If you see the trajectory Max is on, he'll get there. But who knows. So many factors come in to play.

Hamilton has had more years to refine his driving and mentality. He's world class now and arguably was from his first season.

I do like the fact Max is a bit of a hot head. IMO many of the historic great battles are partly so great because of driver rivalry and them not being calm, composed, politically correct and PG13 all the time. It's just a shame the real battle is only in the midfield atm, which I quite enjoy.

Max his times comes if he had a good car
He pushed for years which also increases the risk of mistakes, finally the fia changes the rules after 8 years (it's almost sport forgery) I was hope this year on more competition, but the Merc is more domination this year then ever .almost in all wdc from Lewis there is no competition..in 2022 new rules and we will start from scratch. the merc domination takes too long. That's why I personally don't think Lewis is the best. Fangio did it at least with 4 different teams.

Simple answer..... Nothing.

It doesnt start or stop here....it reflects the same on the official F1 vote any other driver apart from Hamilton.

Guess people can feel better taking that away

What really matters is he gets the job done , as we know no extra points awarded on votes .

They don’t have to like you as long as they respect you.

Almost everyone respects a 7x world champion, but it looks like he does not win hearts at the same rate as some of the lesser gods. Part of that might be that people tend to like the underdog - last time world champion I was rooting for was Schumacher (when he was having to fight), before that Mansell.

Plenty of World Champions that did not win the hearts and minds of the fans.

It isn’t all about winning.
...yet in the end it is.
no it is not..
...yet in the end it is.

repeat cycle

Last edited:
Verstappen just screwed up is own race and only he is to blame for it. How partisan as I am... For me he showed why he could screw up WDC chances in the future. He's a hot head without patience no matter how brilliant of a driver he is.

I think you just summed up my feelings about Max very nicely. I'm really disappointed in his performances - he came into F1 and I was really impressed, I accepted the silly mistakes that he made at the time, his lack of patience, the poor race craft, but admired his underlying speed.

Unfortunately, as the years have gone by, it seems to me that his shortcomings have remained - the rookie mistakes, the anger he seems to be controlled by, his inability to see the big picture, and I honestly think that he has convinced himself that he is better than he actually is (or the people around him have convinced him of that). That's why he seems to get so angry, because the reality of his driving does not match up to the myth.

He is good, yes, but I would not be surprised if someone told me that he will never be WDC. I'm not saying that will happen, but he so often becomes a victim of himself - not of bad luck, or inferior equipment, but I think he just defeats himself.

May I be proven wrong :)

I think you just summed up my feelings about Max very nicely. I'm really disappointed in his performances - he came into F1 and I was really impressed, I accepted the silly mistakes that he made at the time, his lack of patience, the poor race craft, but admired his underlying speed.

Unfortunately, as the years have gone by, it seems to me that his shortcomings have remained - the rookie mistakes, the anger he seems to be controlled by, his inability to see the big picture, and I honestly think that he has convinced himself that he is better than he actually is (or the people around him have convinced him of that). That's why he seems to get so angry, because the reality of his driving does not match up to the myth.

He is good, yes, but I would not be surprised if someone told me that he will never be WDC. I'm not saying that will happen, but he so often becomes a victim of himself - not of bad luck, or inferior equipment, but I think he just defeats himself.

But didn't he himself said he would drive differently if he had a chance at title?
As I see it, he can crash and spin as much as he wants while he is not losing anything. And he doesn't have anything to lose since his championship position is already maxed out for this year. On top of that he is till in years where he wants to go fast no matter the cost (Mclaren's Lewis) and not coast around and wait for other's mistakes (although his car doesn't allow coasting around). :roflmao:
Same as you I hope that we get a chance to see RB at least as close as Ferrari in 2017/18, to Merc.

Lewis again for me. Drove to the conditions through the early stages given the lack of performance the car had in tricky conditions, as evidenced throughout the weekend. When the track and car came to him he was at his best.

RP messed up when they pitted Stroll for new intermediates. The way to go was to finish the race on used inters, by the end they were half-slick and half-wet tires.

Congrats to Hamilton for a great win. Bottas showed why he can only be a second driver but won’t ever challenge LH. Very disappointed by Verstappen.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm not a Hamilton fan due to him being a bit of a prima donna and a drama queen but I can't deny he is a great driver. Not the greatest, like many state, the car makes it look like he is, and in the Merc he hasn't had a team-mate of his calibre, such as an Alonso for example. It was a fascinating race and Hamilton was a deserved winner, and the performance of Bottas pretty much demonstrated why Hamilton has had such an easy path to all his wins.
I really rate Verstappen but was disappointed by his performance. An amateur get-away at the start, a stupid move to overtake Perez. I think the fact that he has had to push so hard all the time to compete with the far better Merc means he makes some judgement errors that he probably wouldn't do if he had an equal car to the Merc.

Last edited:

Don’t forget his 4 dnf’s, that’s just bad luck, with that points he had been second in the standings, with a soso car.
You think he defeats himself, the RBR did it, spinning in the rain can happen to every driver.
Lets hope next year the RBR is equal to the MERCS, then you, and we and I can give a fair verdict, now it is NOT.
He can go on for more then 10 years, with a good RBR he will get his WDC.

Last edited:
@ Fat Alfie
What I said he has to push harder than anyone in the front read the two rocketships.. his car is not good enough. and this year more than ever a lot of people thought it will be a real fight. Yes patience ... is certainly a thing for Max but Max is Max thats people love him or hate him fact is he has to push more to keep up the rockets every race

yesterday he could have won the race ...whole weekend he was the fastes on the ( ice) track yess if.... ... fact is his car hit the mugello position at the start ... then he lost time behind Vettel ... and indeed he wanted to pass Perez too quickly....Stroll had run out .. until the problems came of course it also happened very much Lewis his way? he could also spin after Vettel

he came to F1 and you were impressed? realy? a lot of the same guys here says crashstappen most of the time...from the beginning.. broke Max down I dont forget ... with all funny pics of you too. Dont matter everyone have his favorites. I hope very quick a real fight season Lewis vs Max vs Leclerc. This is a one way boring merc show and very bad for this sport.

We wait for a real fight that and we can see who is the best what Sasha says Max will drive differently if he has a better car and competes for the championship.

Even after such a grand prix there are people posting again and again F1 is boring. :roflmao:

No problem with that.
It just shows that it needs rain so that F1 can become a little exciting again.
When it’s dry it’s the normal & predictable Merc show. Can’t tell what's exciting about that?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing