Alright when was that again.....?

I do sometimes wonder what Hamilton would have to do to ever be voted Driver of the Day on RaceDepartment... he could lap everyone else 5 times whilst driving a ride-on lawnmower and we'd still vote for someone else here!
Hamilton is unquestionable one of the greatest of all time however when you are on a team that has won 75% of all F1 races for the last 7 years, its hard to be overly impressed when his car is so much better than the rest of the field. That said, his teammate looked like a turd in this race even though his car/team is the class of the field.

Hamilton is unquestionable one of the greatest of all time however when you are on a team that has won 75% of all F1 races for the last 7 years, its hard to be overly impressed when his car is so much better than the rest of the field. That said, his teammate looked like a turd in this race even though his car/team is the class of the field.
True, if he'd been in car whose team only won 67.06% of races that would really be something :D

relative.jpg

Pérez is the only driver with Hamilton to have score points in every race. He has 30 points more than Albon with two races less and a car that is not as good as Red Bull's. I understand there are many factors in selecting drivers but on track performance alone Red Bull should seriously think about him.

Its the same car the pink mercedes lol

Congratulations to the top 3 drivers. I voted Lewis simply because the Mercedes - on a wet, very slippery fresh tarmac racetrack, had less grip than normal due to being evidently gentle on tyre wear therefore was not supposed to win. I mean look how Valteri did!

Vettel desevered his Podium.

Congratulations to the top 3 drivers. I voted Lewis simply because the Mercedes - on a wet, very slippery fresh tarmac racetrack, had less grip than normal due to being evidently gentle on tyre wear therefore was not supposed to win. I mean look how Valteri did!

Vettel desevered his Podium.
Merc was pretty bad at the start, but once the track started to dry it was again the fastest car, while for Racing Point it was the other way around.

Man, Bottas, unless conditions are perfect, that guy can't drive at all.

Congratulations to mr Hamilton. I hope next year the sport is again normal after 7 years...whitout any competition whe want a real competition
the rules should have been changed much earlier.

Last edited:
This race was a Lewis masterclass on talent, tyre management and consistency driving in an unusual slippery track with the added wetness. Great way to show why he is the champion of the series for 7th time.

Glad to see Sebastian hasn't forgot how to drive. I think he didn't make a single mistake on the difficult conditions the race was on.

I voted for Lewis, but all three on the podium would deserve the trophy I think.

Simple because Lewis want only weak team mates
Mercedes don't want to drivers to compete on the same level.
They went that route before.
It turned out pretty ugly.
Mercedes is in there for positive advertisement of their brand.
Their own cars ramming each other off the track multiple times is bad publicity.
Drivers that don't get along because of those incidents is very embarrasing for a company.
Bottas is the perfect driver, fast enough to be 2nd most of the time.
Great buffer for Hamilton.

For the people that say, " the race was a snoozefest and Hamilton always wins". The race had action and Hamilton still won. What's your point ? Oh and this was a classic example of why the car doesn't win. Very little DRS, crap traction, tires dying ugly deaths. Hamilton can flat out drive, whining and all.

Bottas drove that car exactly like I would have. He turned that car into a propeller.

Last edited:
I've said many times that I'm not a Hamilton fan, but he got my vote this time. Like him or not, there is no question that he is a massively talented driver and races like that prove it. From 6th to 1st in the worst conditions we've seen for a long time, teammate and usual "competition" nowhere to be seen.

Big honourable mention to Perez too. Racing Point, you are completely bonkers to be ditching that guy. He clearly 100% deserves that drive over his teammate... who, by the way, I knew from the start wouldn't win because he simply doesn't have the talent. Point proven since he folded halfway through while Perez held it for the second step on the podium.

Also not a particular fan of Vettel (as a driver), but he drove pretty well for once and it was nice to see him on the podium again.

Stop trolling, how about that?
Stop feeding them, how about that?

Without a doubt, Vettel just showed the experience in wet conditions. It's just a shame he didn't have the car to match his ability this year, as I think Hamilton wouldn't be 5, 6 or even 7 world titles up.
Shows it all come down to the car in F1 at the moment. Proof of this is in the consistent procession of both team cars in each team finishing in practice, qualifying and races almost always as; Mercedes, Mercedes, Redbull, Redbull, Ferrari, Ferrari and so on.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 158 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%