Alright when was that again.....?

What a race!!. Brilliantly entertaining stuff today all around. Loved every minute of it. Congrats Lewis. Well deserved 7th world champion. Stellar performance.

Great to see Vettel on the podium and Perez too. Felt bad for Stroll. The guy deserves to be in F1 if you ask me.

Last edited:
Good as Hamilton is, he isn't the best ever. He's the best of his generation without a doubt - and the latter part of his career has been a great era for drivers (the earlier parts of his career less so I have to say).

I don't think anyone can truly say X is the best ever because the eras and requirements are so different.

Fangio and Moss were working very much without a net. I have to say as well that they were a lot more grounded and gentlemanly than some of the superstars we have today. It simply is not the same sport that it was decades ago and I will always have the utmost respect for the drivers in the 50s and 60s.

Boring race again, F1 is broken. Again it's not possible to take over with the dirty air and the tankcars, too big. Only DRS could help. It's going on for 6 years and I am happy that I don't pay any subscription anymore to see another crap race.
You must be watching another race. Stroll leading, Perez 2nd, Hamilton winning out of nowhere.
Vettel on the podium. I love these messy races.

Good as Hamilton is, he isn't the best ever. He's the best of his generation without a doubt - and the latter part of his career has been a great era for drivers (the earlier parts of his career less so I have to say).

I don't think anyone can truly say X is the best ever because the eras and requirements are so different.

Fangio and Moss were working very much without a net. I have to say as well that they were a lot more grounded and gentlemanly than some of the superstars we have today. It simply is not the same sport that it was decades ago and I will always have the utmost respect for the drivers in the 50s and 60s.
Who cares about 30 years ago, we live now. And Hamilton is the greatest driver alive.

Voting has opened for the RaceDepartment Turkish Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

What a great weekend we have been treated to on F1's return to Turkey. After Lance Stroll took a surprise pole in tricky wet conditions, continued rain through the night and into the morning set us up for a hectic race, and what a chaotic Grand Prix it was!

The low grip surface, plus the added challenge of rain made for an exciting Sunday, as conditions proved too much for some to handle, with a couple of drivers seeing barriers on their way to the grid. The track dried out - albeit very slowly - as the race went on, keeping everyone on their toes from start to finish.

Choosing a driver of the day is no easy task this weekend, with plenty showing immense consistency in challenging conditions. One driver scored their first podium in over a year, while another scored their first in over two! A few shone amidst midfield chaos too, giving us plenty of candidates to choose from.

Give us your opinion, don't forget to cast your vote, and we hope you enjoyed a spectacular return to Turkey!

End Photo.jpg

Last edited:
Give him a same car as Lewis and he dont need to much puss. It make it easy. Lewis was also two times in a spin but not on high speed

Always an asterisk on Lewis....always an excuse for Max. So hilarious when you can't give him his due...Many of us give Max his due praises when he does well (and I've never said "only because Lewis didn't blah blah blah")....come on dude, Max is great, Lewis is great. Accept it lol

Well, hats off really, that was a stellar drive in difficult conditions. While I hate Lewis' off track behaviour, I do respect his ability to drive.
Driver of the day: lots to choose from really but I have to give it to Perez. Earlier in his career he was utter shite in the rain, but he's improved and kept it on the black stuff today (mostly) to earn than 2nd. Shout out to Lewis obviously and to both Ferrari drivers. Had Leclerc not chucked it off in the last chicane I'd have given it to him.

Worst driver of the day: Thats very easy - Bottas. Getting lapped (in a Merc!) is beyond embarrasing. FFS Mercedes, give that seat to someone else. Even Latifi would be able to go faster.

Worst 'team': Pirelli. "Thank you" for making rock hard tires, robbing the cars of their protential. And for making inters that last 50+ laps. **** off and bring back Bridgestone.

Also; special mention to Instabul Park for ruining a good track with probably the worst "improvement" in recent memory. Completely killed the magic of not only T8, but the entire track. Why is it that tracks repeatably screw up when new surface is put down? The asphalt put down in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's were fine, now its crap.

Always an asterisk on Lewis....always an excuse for Max. So hilarious when you can't give him his due...Many of us give Max his due praises when he does well (and I've never said "only because Lewis didn't blah blah blah")....come on dude, Max is great, Lewis is great. Accept it lol

Who says I am not accept? Only thing I said that he was luck with the spin of Max

Today my vote has to go to Sebastian Vettel.

I think Perez and Hamilton drove very well, and benefited from being on the best strategy today.

In a less competitive car, Vettel stood out for me though, particularly in the early stages when he kept Hamilton behind, even when the Brit had DRS assistance. He kept his cool in the final few corners too.
For me this is the best Vettel drive since his Red Bull days.

Redbull was the best car of the day... Even Albon was flying many times.

No mistakes , this race is clear defining moment , from 6th in conditions making it opportunity for all. ...This was Redbull s race to win

Once again Tyre management and decisive judgement won again.

Last edited:
I wanted to sum up my reasons for voting for Vettel (for once), but Charlie just above summed it all up pretty well himself. ^

Edit: Apart from the last sentence - I think he was actually outstandingly good from 2015 to 2017, but just went over the ah-so-close limit (when you're that good) with increasing frequency from Singapore 2017 onwards. I mean, he almost won 2017 with a car that was still a little weaker than Mercedes. (And, to illustrate his fall from grace, lost 2018 with one that was clearly stronger.)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years