2020 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix | Driver of the Day: Vote Now

Who is your RaceDepartment Driver of the Day?

• Total voters

R4CER_J

1RPM
Apr 22, 2020
Congratulations to the top 3 drivers. I voted Lewis simply because the Mercedes - on a wet, very slippery fresh tarmac racetrack, had less grip than normal due to being evidently gentle on tyre wear therefore was not supposed to win. I mean look how Valteri did!

Vettel desevered his Podium.

Reactions: snyperal
Mar 24, 2019
Congratulations to the top 3 drivers. I voted Lewis simply because the Mercedes - on a wet, very slippery fresh tarmac racetrack, had less grip than normal due to being evidently gentle on tyre wear therefore was not supposed to win. I mean look how Valteri did!

Vettel desevered his Podium.
Merc was pretty bad at the start, but once the track started to dry it was again the fastest car, while for Racing Point it was the other way around.

Man, Bottas, unless conditions are perfect, that guy can't drive at all.

Reactions: snyperal

R4CER_J

1RPM
Apr 22, 2020
Merc was pretty bad at the start, but once the track started to dry it was again the fastest car, while for Racing Point it was the other way around.

Man, Bottas, unless conditions are perfect, that guy can't drive at all.
That's true. To be fair I just love that it was a fantastic race!

Reactions: Enagee

muzikant

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2010
Congratulations to mr Hamilton. I hope next year the sport is again normal after 7 years...whitout any competition whe want a real competition
the rules should have been changed much earlier.

Last edited:

nangu

25RPM
Jan 6, 2015
This race was a Lewis masterclass on talent, tyre management and consistency driving in an unusual slippery track with the added wetness. Great way to show why he is the champion of the series for 7th time.

Glad to see Sebastian hasn't forgot how to drive. I think he didn't make a single mistake on the difficult conditions the race was on.

I voted for Lewis, but all three on the podium would deserve the trophy I think.

Badwheels

75RPM
Premium
Jul 9, 2020
For the people that say, " the race was a snoozefest and Hamilton always wins". The race had action and Hamilton still won. What's your point ? Oh and this was a classic example of why the car doesn't win. Very little DRS, crap traction, tires dying ugly deaths. Hamilton can flat out drive, whining and all.

Bottas drove that car exactly like I would have. He turned that car into a propeller.

Last edited:

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
I've said many times that I'm not a Hamilton fan, but he got my vote this time. Like him or not, there is no question that he is a massively talented driver and races like that prove it. From 6th to 1st in the worst conditions we've seen for a long time, teammate and usual "competition" nowhere to be seen.

Big honourable mention to Perez too. Racing Point, you are completely bonkers to be ditching that guy. He clearly 100% deserves that drive over his teammate... who, by the way, I knew from the start wouldn't win because he simply doesn't have the talent. Point proven since he folded halfway through while Perez held it for the second step on the podium.

Also not a particular fan of Vettel (as a driver), but he drove pretty well for once and it was nice to see him on the podium again.

Stop trolling, how about that?
Stop feeding them, how about that?

blueferrari

25RPM
Sep 13, 2014
Without a doubt, Vettel just showed the experience in wet conditions. It's just a shame he didn't have the car to match his ability this year, as I think Hamilton wouldn't be 5, 6 or even 7 world titles up.
Shows it all come down to the car in F1 at the moment. Proof of this is in the consistent procession of both team cars in each team finishing in practice, qualifying and races almost always as; Mercedes, Mercedes, Redbull, Redbull, Ferrari, Ferrari and so on.

Reactions: ltcars

Nick Hill

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 26, 2013
Me looking at qualy results: well, at least someone other than Merc will win.

58 laps later...

"Get in there Lewis!"

I'll never learn! :laugh:

So many deserving candidates - including Seb - but I'm honestly surprised to see Seb running away with the voting - thought there would be a wide distribution.

I went with Perez. He has a genius for tire management and that showed today. On a challenging day defined by huge position swings, he held station while his teammate dropped off the map.

On Seb again...he had a solid day and I don't think he's an unreasonable choice for driver of the day and, ultimately, it's just for fun but...it strikes me as a sentimental pick. Leclerc made a late lunge on Perez, much respect to Leclerc for going for it, but Perez kept his cool, fought back and Seb rode his coattails to the podium. If Leclerc doesn't make that lunge, Seb finishes 4th and I don't think he gets so many votes. Just my 2 cents...like I said, it's all for fun anyways.

Patrik Marek

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 25, 2014
despite the last corner mishap, I voted Leclerc, he was going through the field and would have been second if not for the mistake
but happy for Seb

as much as I don't like Hamilton, he drove really well and just confirms that he is very good, no denying that

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
Exactly, how I see it Hamilton outperformed his car this time. As car wasn't for top place. But Vettel also outperformed his car. And based on race pace from practice Vettel's car was further down than his finishing position compared to Hamilton's. Voted Vettel because of that. Going by same logic, Perez was average as his car was supposed to be 3rd without doing nothing.

For those questioning what Hamilton should do. It is usually problem that when he does something extraordinary. That is usually in weird races (and only time it is required from merc driver to be extraordinary), and oin those races there is always at least one driver from slower team that manages to get great result. That still doesn't take away anything from him, so no harm done.

Patrick van der Meulen

500RPM
Premium
May 11, 2017
Hamilton and Vettel gave a lesson in how to drive patiently. And Perez showed how to manage it to keep your chances high. Though DotD for me is Leclerc. He managed it very good and in the end is the future for F1. He was one of the most impressive drivers this race.

Verstappen just screwed up is own race and only he is to blame for it. How partisan as I am... For me he showed why he could screw up WDC chances in the future. He's a hot head without patience no matter how brilliant of a driver he is.

Hamilton just showed who's the boss. Vettel showed he still got it and Perez proved why he should stay in F1.

THK84

25RPM
Nov 30, 2017
I mostly agree. But to be fair, Vettel won 4 WDC's and he showed the exact same impatient behavior the last few seasons. Also showed he's completely not a hothead by driving into Hamilton under SC conditions, which I'm still baffled about he didn't get black flagged.

If you see the trajectory Max is on, he'll get there. But who knows. So many factors come in to play.

Hamilton has had more years to refine his driving and mentality. He's world class now and arguably was from his first season.

I do like the fact Max is a bit of a hot head. IMO many of the historic great battles are partly so great because of driver rivalry and them not being calm, composed, politically correct and PG13 all the time. It's just a shame the real battle is only in the midfield atm, which I quite enjoy.

Last edited:

muzikant

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2010
I mostly agree. But to be fair, Vettel won 4 WDC's and he showed the exact same impatient behavior the last few seasons. Also showed he's completely not a hothead by driving into Hamilton under SC conditions, which I'm still baffled about he didn't get black flagged.

If you see the trajectory Max is on, he'll get there. But who knows. So many factors come in to play.

Hamilton has had more years to refine his driving and mentality. He's world class now and arguably was from his first season.

I do like the fact Max is a bit of a hot head. IMO many of the historic great battles are partly so great because of driver rivalry and them not being calm, composed, politically correct and PG13 all the time. It's just a shame the real battle is only in the midfield atm, which I quite enjoy.
Max his times comes if he had a good car
He pushed for years which also increases the risk of mistakes, finally the fia changes the rules after 8 years (it's almost sport forgery) I was hope this year on more competition, but the Merc is more domination this year then ever .almost in all wdc from Lewis there is no competition..in 2022 new rules and we will start from scratch. the merc domination takes too long. That's why I personally don't think Lewis is the best. Fangio did it at least with 4 different teams.

Ruy Horta

250RPM
Feb 17, 2014
Simple answer..... Nothing.

It doesnt start or stop here....it reflects the same on the official F1 vote any other driver apart from Hamilton.

Guess people can feel better taking that away

What really matters is he gets the job done , as we know no extra points awarded on votes .
They don’t have to like you as long as they respect you.

Almost everyone respects a 7x world champion, but it looks like he does not win hearts at the same rate as some of the lesser gods. Part of that might be that people tend to like the underdog - last time world champion I was rooting for was Schumacher (when he was having to fight), before that Mansell.

Plenty of World Champions that did not win the hearts and minds of the fans.

It isn’t all about winning.
...yet in the end it is.
no it is not..
...yet in the end it is.

repeat cycle

Last edited:
Reactions: ast654 and muzikant