Alright when was that again.....?

You can't look at the sample size of one race. If you do that, you might just as well take Germany 2019 and question Hamilton's maturity. I reckon Max made mistakes in the beginning of 2018, but I really can't think of any big streak of mistakes after that.
I was one of Max's biggest critics in 2018. I think that the worst spot was when he had the clash with Ocon. I remember Lewis said what I thought - just let him go since all he's doing is unlapping himself. You have to think big picture sometimes, which I think that Max does much better now in general.

I think that, overall, Max is making much fewer mistakes than he once did. He is sometimes a bit too aggressive, which will likely be something he will always have to manage. But he has certainly no longer "Crashstappen" and I think that the Maldonado comparisons are dead now.

I was one of Max's biggest critics in 2018. I think that the worst spot was when he had the clash with Ocon. I remember Lewis said what I thought - just let him go since all he's doing is unlapping himself. You have to think big picture sometimes, which I think that Max does much better now in general.
How can choose Brazil instead of Baku, if you are looking at 2018?
Driver that does overtaking is responsible to make it clean and safe. When driver is unlapping himself, previous statement is even more important. And since he wasn't clear ahead at braking for turn 1 he didn't have any chance to make safe pass. Just to remind: guy trying to unlap himself on medium-easy overtaking circuit is same guy that pulled over for guy behind in position fight on no-overtake circuit. ;) Although, this whole comment may be influenced by my ratings of Ocon as driver. :roflmao:

How can choose Brazil instead of Baku, if you are looking at 2018?
Driver that does overtaking is responsible to make it clean and safe. When driver is unlapping himself, previous statement is even more important. And since he wasn't clear ahead at braking for turn 1 he didn't have any chance to make safe pass. Just to remind: guy trying to unlap himself on medium-easy overtaking circuit is same guy that pulled over for guy behind in position fight on no-overtake circuit. ;) Although, this whole comment may be influenced by my ratings of Ocon as driver. :roflmao:
My point is just that you don't need to be racing at 100% all the time. And sometimes the wise thing to do is to drive at 97% and let someone pass you, even if it messes up your lap a little bit. But that comes from maturity, which I think Max is developing.

Was Ocon at fault? Sure he was. I look at it like when I am at a 4-way intersection. I may have the right-of-way and can proceed through the intersection legally, but if I see a car that may not be stopping, I don't proceed through the intersection. Now if I go through and my car gets hit I am not at fault at all. But I still have a damaged car and a lot of inconveniences, plus possibly an injury. The wise thing to do is to wait, even if it costs me some time. This is even more prudent if I have some extra time to arrive at my destination.

Max could have let Ocon go, saved his race, and cruised to a victory. But that would require swallowing a bit of pride and aggression. The wise drivers know how to manage the race.

some facts
formula one is a constructor championship not a driver championship.
Mercedes beat a soda company what a glory.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I would like to see 20 WILLIAMS at the start ,then the talent will talk, otherwise its all bullshit

But you can't always blame the car. Yesterday, the Mercedes was far from being the fastest car, and Qualifying proved that. In the race, Hamilton did not need the win yet was able to stay composed and his skill and maturity rewarded him with first place.

Conversely, Verstappen had the fastest car (so we are led to believe, post Qualifying), was unable to get his car off the line, had more spins than my washing machine on housework day, and threw his race away with amateurish overtaking attempts.

That was not the result of overdriving a slower car - that was simply Verstappen beating himself, spoiling his own race. You max fans can't have it both ways - it can't be down to the car when Hamilton wins, but down to max's "skill" when he wins. Yesterday just reinforced my opinion that verstappen is either short on intelligence or maturity. And as we are drawing to the close of his 6th season in F1, one of those two possibilities is unfortunately starting to look more and more likely.
Merc was the fastest after the track began to dry. Hamilton couldn't do **** while it was super wet and they had no DRS.

Great circuit, really exciting race. Turkey really belongs on the racing calendar.
And now he has proven it to everyone:
Lewis is the GOAT.
Its great to watch an F1 race with excitement over the entire race. Turkey achieved that.

I vote for resurfacing all F1 tracks the week before all F1 weekends. The resurfacing must result in a mirrorlike shine and very low coefficients of friction!

I agree a lot of what you say but they could have changed the rules faster at the Fia itself, what they did after the dominated four years Vettel periods. that's not done and that's why we're watching a one-sided show
It is definitely a one-sided show, and the past 7 years would maybe have been more bearable if Hamilton's team-mate was someone like Ricciardo or Alonso, although reading the Autosport Forums, where it is pretty much a Hamilton fanboy club, it's all because Hamilton is the best driver of all time.

It is definitely a one-sided show, and the past 7 years would maybe have been more bearable if Hamilton's team-mate was someone like Ricciardo or Alonso, although reading the Autosport Forums, where it is pretty much a Hamilton fanboy club, it's all because Hamilton is the best driver of all time.

It's only now that we can see how good Rosberg was. He dominated Schumacher (not an easy thing) and he was able to challenge Hamilton, get inside his head and even win a WC for himself. My only big criticism is that he refused to defend his title. Bottas, in comparison, is nowhere near as good. He wins a few races and a few pole positions every season, however just about anybody could do that in a Mercedes. But he will never challenge Hamilton on or off the track.

Mercedes likes it that way. They win championships with LH and Bottas is a good #2 who scores enough points to ensure Mercedes wins the constructors' title. It's less interesting for the fans, because we like a good fight between teammates, but it's far easier to manage for the team principals.

Totally agree with Michel. I would just add that this is not 100% Mercedes' fault, but also a side product of the PC era we leave in. Conflicts like Hamilton vs Rosberg or Vettel vs Webber are no longer compatible with the amount of pressure from media. Every single minor incident becomes a major PR issue those days.

Last edited:
It's only now that we can see how good Rosberg was. He dominated Schumacher (not an easy thing) and he was able to challenge Hamilton, get inside his head and even win a WC for himself. My only big criticism is that he refused to defend his title. Bottas, in comparison, is nowhere near as good. He wins a few races and a few pole positions every season, however just about anybody could do that in a Mercedes. But he will never challenge Hamilton on or off the track.

Mercedes likes it that way. They win championships with LH and Bottas is a good #2 who scores enough points to ensure Mercedes wins the constructors' title. It's less interesting for the fans, because we like a good fight between teammates, but it's far easier to manage for the team principals.
you could say the same of Max Verstappen that you can already see how good he is with a crappy car where he has no chance he has split the merc a lot of time ;)

I agree, Merc deserve a lot of credit for producing the most dominant F1 car ever, and for as many seasons as they have (and will continue to do I suppose), BUT, what frustrates me is seeing an absolute top driver not having an absolute top driver as a team-mate, although I understand why it suits Merc to have it thus.

Yeah those days are gone of having 2 of the best in the same car.

2 of the best in the same car most likely will end up taking points from themselves...or take themselves out of the race

Too many examples to name.

Will be interesting to see how Sainz developes at Ferrari.

you could say the same of Max Verstappen that you can already see how good he is with a crappy car where he has no chance he has split the merc a lot of time ;)

I think Verstappen is a prodigy. You see a talent like his every 10 years or so. He still has to learn how to manage a race however, he still makes mistakes once in a while, like yesterday. That's where Hamilton has a clear edge over him. Yesterday, he managed his own race instead of relying on his engineers, it was incredible.

But the Red Bull, a crappy car? It's still the second best team right now. The Haas or the Williams, these are real sh*tboxes.

1 second slower then the merc is miles in F1 how crappy it is.. ohh wait the fia banned the party mode from merc. no this sport is more and more a joke. no competition no fans and the sport is dead. simple, Max is the only one that make me watch. and Max makes faults like anybody else
no more than Lewis or have you forgotten LH.at Hockenheim?

Last edited:
I think Verstappen is a prodigy. You see a talent like his every 10 years or so. He still has to learn how to manage a race however, he still makes mistakes once in a while, like yesterday. That's where Hamilton has a clear edge over him. Yesterday, he managed his own race instead of relying on his engineers, it was incredible.

But the Red Bull, a crappy car? It's still the second best team right now. The Haas or the Williams, these are real sh*tboxes.

Still the only way to make the RB fast enough to even get close to the Mercs is to have setup like razorblade.
Wich Max still can handle 95% of the time.
But all other teammates had trouble keep the car in the right direction the last 2 years.
This played a major part in such a slippery track.
It's basically a unsavable car when it goes.
There is hardly room for error, combine that with a dose of frustration, after another antistall error at the start.
The clutch of a F1 car is basically an on/off switch.
So when it gets released the only thing you control is the amount of wheelspin.
At such a slippery track, anti-stall should not even have to kick in.
That the power goes off for half a second is a software glitch, they still did not fix.
The car was not setup the right way for dealing with midfield blues.
So basically the whole strategy and setup was useless after the antistall bug.
Sure Verstapped made some errors, but just imagine the frustration after the flatspot from the 2nd spin.
With a pitstop less it would be a whole other race for Verstappen.

Last edited:
Yet Verstappen looked dejected to be behind Stroll in qualification whereas it meant he was clear favorite for the race and he showed much impatience behind Pérez eventually leading to a big mistake. So he looked like his flawed self of the early years rather than the 2019-2020 performer, not only compared with the three old foxes who were on the podium, but also with guys like Sainz or Norris.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.3%