Alright when was that again.....?

Strip clubs? In Montreal? Say it isn't so! </sarcasm> I know that a lot of baseball teams dreaded the trouble that their players could get into while playing at "The Big Owe." (speaking of public expenditures that don't return on investment)

I think that they're mostly branding exercises, which is what the Saudis want, IMO. We were really excited to visit your city this year. My wife was even going to come just because she wanted to experience Montreal. So you would have had at least 4 Americans coming to spend money there.

You’re always welcome here! I have lived here all my life and I love it. I also love to visit the USA, when possible.

And yes, Montreal has always been known as a « city of sin », even as far back as the 1940’s. Not my thing, mind you, but one of our most famous strip clubs was nicknamed « Wayne Gretzky’s Montreal office. »

Last edited:
The reasoning from a few directly related to F1, Cricket, Football and other sporting entities that have been willing to bring the circus' to Saudi Arabia is good will in the hope they change their ways. Oh, please they call can call it whatever they like but when news of the Vietnam event being unceremoniously dropped from the calendar because a state official stole state secrets unrelated to F1 makes the argument for SA fall a bit short of truthful.

I found 2019 far more boring. tbh, if Mercedes took the year off, this F1 season may have been one of the best seasons for years.

Last edited:
it just totally destroys any message they are trying to send, put this hole "we race as one" " no to racism" as a joke, they should add " no to racism, unless there are money to be made" disgusting

I don't get it. Didn't half the movement gain exposure and momentum because of what happened in the USA? Do you think they shouldn't race there either? Besides, as someone on Sky F1 said. This is an opportunity to have the Formula W support Race in Saudi Arabia. Women racing cars on track in Jedda. What better opportunity for a "women's rights" message for the Saudi's could you ask for?

Last edited:
I don't get it. Didn't half the movement gain exposure and momentum because of what happened in the USA? Do you think they shouldn't race there either? Besides, as someone on Sky F1 said. This is an opportunity to have the Formula W support Race in Saudi Arabia. Women racing cars on track in Jedda. What better opportunity for a "women's rights" message for the Saudi's could you ask for?
This is to be seen if they follow through with it. At the moment there is just an anouncement for 8 support races, no one from FIA said Formula W will race in SA.

And after all it is not my problem F1 is so expensive and needs the "whore-money". Another global open-wheel series or Indycar on euro-tracks and F1 would have a serious competition.

Don't @ me with formula-e, they don't even drive on real race tracks.

Imagine that, Indycar racing in Imola.

Last edited:
FP1 in Turkey: Verstappen “It’s like driving on ice!”

iRacing is most realistic sim confirmed.;)

(for the record I like iRacing, use it all the time)

Last edited:
Welcome to the discussion thread for the 2020 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix.

This weekend Formula One has returned to Turkey for the first time in almost a decade. The Intercity Istanbul Park circuit hosted seven Grand Prix between 2005 and 2011.

One feature of the track that has excited teams and fans alike is the spectacular turn 8, which saw drivers pulling almost 6g before the current higher-downforce cars were even introduced. Another part of the circuit worth noting is the flat section between the exit of turn 9 and entry to turn 12. This run is twice the length of the main pit straight and naturally offers good overtaking opportunities. It was also the scene of a famous clash between Red Bull drivers, Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber while leading in 2010.

2010 Turkish Grand Prix.jpg

While the weather is expected to stay overcast, we should see a full weekend of dry running. The first hybrid-era race in Turkey will see the teams take on 58 laps of the 5.338km circuit. It's also the fifth and last venue scheduled for this year that did not feature on the original calendar. As we edge closer to the end of the season, it presents Lewis Hamilton's first chance to close out the championship.

So far a very low-grip surface has made it a challenging weekend for the drivers out on track. Equally though it gives teams a harder job to do in working out how best to set their cars up for qualifying and race day. With the cars sliding around and the high speed turn 8 to tackle, tyre wear could prove to be a decisive factor in the pecking order this weekend.

Intercity Istanbul Park.jpg

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Loving that vote for Albon. Would be a memorable weekend.
I have a good feeling about Charles Leclerc too. While today was a strange one on track, the Ferrari seemed surprisingly good out of the box, and he does take chances when they come.

Love the low grip surface! Man, to see F1 cars sideways again was a sight to behold. Absolutely magical and for me the idea Karun Chandhok had in commentary about developing some kind of low grip surface covering that could be sprayed onto a track (or easier still, just give 'em super hard no grip tyres) would be amazing.

It has been longer than I can remember since I actually enjoyed the sight of a Formula One car lapping on track. Sideways drifting. Amazing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing