2020 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

Who will win the Turkish Grand Prix?

• Total voters

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
RP messed up when they pitted Stroll for new intermediates. The way to go was to finish the race on used inters, by the end they were half-slick and half-wet tires.
Racing Point absolutely ruined Strolls race, like holy ****.
Stroll said it himself that he had issues with graining on his first set of inters as well. He had already lost 10 seconds to Perez when he went in to the pit. It's rather unlikely that he would've been able to do any better even without the stop.
Also, he came out ahead of the Ferraris, who also had changed to new inters. If he had just done what almost everyone (*cough* Bottas, Latifi *cough*) managed, then he'd had a really good shot at that 2nd place.

Ronaldoz87

100RPM
Apr 28, 2019
You must be watching another race. Stroll leading, Perez 2nd, Hamilton winning out of nowhere.
Vettel on the podium. I love these messy races.
Yes, but it was nearly impossible to takeover without DRS. Also driving other lines wasn't a good option on this track. If cars could actually takeover other cars, that would be racing.

LeSunTzu

1000RPM
Feb 13, 2013
Pérez is the only driver with Hamilton to have score points in every race. He has 30 points more than Albon with two races less and a car that is not as good as Red Bull's. I understand there are many factors in selecting drivers but on track performance alone Red Bull should seriously think about him.

Last edited:

muzikant

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2010
Pérez is the only driver with Hamilton to have score points in every race. He has 30 points more than Albon with two races less and a car that is not as good as Red Bull's. I understand there are many factors in selecting drivers but on track performance alone Red Bull should seriously think about him.

Its the same car the pink mercedes lol

• Haha
Reactions: Fat-Alfie

Richard Hessels

1000RPM
Premium
Jul 23, 2008
Simple because Lewis want only weak team mates
Mercedes don't want to drivers to compete on the same level.
They went that route before.
It turned out pretty ugly.
Mercedes is in there for positive advertisement of their brand.
Their own cars ramming each other off the track multiple times is bad publicity.
Drivers that don't get along because of those incidents is very embarrasing for a company.
Bottas is the perfect driver, fast enough to be 2nd most of the time.
Great buffer for Hamilton.

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
That's true, technically.
But in raw numbers he's 2nd now.
Hamilton is a bit of a cry babywhen things get rough, but at least he played fair all the time.
True. I read all kind of b.s. about Hamilton but he wins without bullying or cheating, unlike a certain German driver whose records are forever tainted in my opinion.

Reactions: Fat-Alfie

Enagee

500RPM
Oct 15, 2010
That's true, technically.
But in raw numbers he's 2nd now.
Hamilton is a bit of a cry babywhen things get rough, but at least he played fair all the time.
All drivers "cry " ...mainly the best.. Guess it's always easier to pick on Lewis......
2759840.jpg
who's crying now?
2759840.jpg

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
Good race, quote from July 3rd for Lewis. It is ready for next year.
congrats on title.
EDIT: now I am super sad Hulk couldn't get this race. Imagine him in RP car, that was enough for pole in wet in Stroll's hands. That was I think best chance for him to get podium/win ever. Not even next year RB can give him better chance. :(

Last edited:

Barry Waterfield

50RPM
Premium
Sep 6, 2008
As soon as Max bottled the start I called it that he would get frustrated and do something stupid.

I thought Lewis would win the title but not in such a dominant way.
Mercedes had the 3rd or 4th fastest car all weekend behind Redbull, Ferrari and RP but Lewis showed his class and ran away at the end on almost exposed canvas.
The only other driver as good at tyre conservation as Lewis finished 2nd, good work Sergio.

Bottas.......hmm well, this race showed the gulf in ability between the 2 teammates.

muzikant

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2010
All drivers "cry " ...mainly the best.. Guess it's always easier to pick on Lewis...... View attachment 420094 who's crying now?
View attachment 420094
Well if Max have the same power car over the season you see more Lewis cry for 100%.. Max is the only one that split the merc with a underpowered car the whole season edit: for years now. Yess for sure he is in the end disapoint he is not a robot but human

Last edited:
Reactions: Appie Kuipers

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
2020 season is finally over, 2021 is probably over already at this point. Congrats to LH for his 8th chamionship, congrats to Merc for their 8th consecutive constructors championship.

Man, I always thought watching the german or spanish soccer league is boring (only Real, Barca, Bayern Munich will win the league) but hey…F1 taught me I’m wrong. :D:sleep:

However I have to admit that the Istanbul race was quite enjoyable thanks to the rain of course.

Reactions: muzikant

markg88

100RPM
Premium
Jun 29, 2017
RP messed up when they pitted Stroll for new intermediates. The way to go was to finish the race on used inters, by the end they were half-slick and half-wet tires.

Congrats to Hamilton for a great win. Bottas showed why he can only be a second driver but won’t ever challenge LH. Very disappointed by Verstappen.
I pretty much agree with this. I'm not a Hamilton fan due to him being a bit of a prima donna and a drama queen but I can't deny he is a great driver. Not the greatest, like many state, the car makes it look like he is, and in the Merc he hasn't had a team-mate of his calibre, such as an Alonso for example. It was a fascinating race and Hamilton was a deserved winner, and the performance of Bottas pretty much demonstrated why Hamilton has had such an easy path to all his wins.
I really rate Verstappen but was disappointed by his performance. An amateur get-away at the start, a stupid move to overtake Perez. I think the fact that he has had to push so hard all the time to compete with the far better Merc means he makes some judgement errors that he probably wouldn't do if he had an equal car to the Merc.

Last edited:

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
Even after such a grand prix there are people posting again and again F1 is boring. :roflmao:
No problem with that.
It just shows that it needs rain so that F1 can become a little exciting again.
When it’s dry it’s the normal & predictable Merc show. Can’t tell what's exciting about that?

Last edited:

muzikant

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2010
No problem with that.
It just shows that it needs rain so that F1 can become a little exciting again.
When it’s dry it’s the normal & predictable Merc show. Can’t tell what's exciting about that?
Good point!