2020 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

Who will win the Turkish Grand Prix?

• Total voters

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
Looking Good for Redbull.

This is my favorite track .......and from what I remember its going to be action .....For those who don't know the track ....well Lewis will show you how its done

Wait....no...wait...so you mean to tell me...that there's proof that Lewis Hamilton could actually win races? Without a dominating Merc or McLaren? That he is actually <gasp>...an EXTREMELY TALENTED DRIVER?! I was told on good authority (dem internetz) that IT IS ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CAR FOR YEARS!!! WHERE IS THE MANAGER?! Paul...? Bram...? ;)

(in case you missed it: he's in the best car because he's the best driver and has earned his McLaren and Mercedes seats...Max is great, but was born too late lol)

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
Love the low grip surface! Man, to see F1 cars sideways again was a sight to behold. Absolutely magical and for me the idea Karun Chandhok had in commentary about developing some kind of low grip surface covering that could be sprayed onto a track (or easier still, just give 'em super hard no grip tyres) would be amazing.

It has been longer than I can remember since I actually enjoyed the sight of a Formula One car lapping on track. Sideways drifting. Amazing.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but road cars are currently lapping the track trying to lay down some rubber to make the surface less slippery. And that it just ridiculous. This is F1, not racing school. Let them deal with the track conditions and it will be a good show.

Last edited:

PaulAM

25RPM
May 26, 2018
Love the low grip surface! Man, to see F1 cars sideways again was a sight to behold. Absolutely magical and for me the idea Karun Chandhok had in commentary about developing some kind of low grip surface covering that could be sprayed onto a track (or easier still, just give 'em super hard no grip tyres) would be amazing.

It has been longer than I can remember since I actually enjoyed the sight of a Formula One car lapping on track. Sideways drifting. Amazing.
Can anyone think of 'some kind of low grip surface covering that could be sprayed onto a track' ??
anyone
anyone
Bueller
Bueller
Nope.Cant think of anything. I'll go fill the kettle with water and have a cuppa.
I'm sure I can come up with something that can be 'developed'....

ianthem

25RPM
Feb 2, 2020
Sorry to burst your bubble, but road cars are currently lapping the track trying to lay down some rubber to make the surface less slippery. And that it just ridiculous. This is F1, not racing school. Let them deal with the track conditions and it will be a good show.

The issue is that the tyres aren't just 'low grip' but they're graining and totally inconsistent, because they're designed for a certain operating window. Lower grip tyres with a larger operating window would be great, but these are just gonna grain and blister, which means it won't come down to someone man handling their car it'll just be that suddenly certain drivers will lose all their grip and go backwards regardless of skill.

Reactions: boomn

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
mod-edit: let's leave the politics out as per our Terms of Service

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fatal4you

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice.
Premium
Apr 25, 2009
I really hate people who mix politics and sports. F1 is just a sport for us spectators and for F1 drivers.

So this Istanbul track is the of the best F1 track I know, even without slip, a really fast and challenging track. This track was a part of Presto GP F1 league 2010 I joined after the test race, I proved my simracing driving skills on this particular Istanbul track in December 2009, before that I was just a very well known pioneer track creator (Keni1 aka Keni9900026).

So this track changed my life, not so dramatically but then I first time noticed that I'm a pretty fast F1 driver and I can race with F1 car immediately without crashing and my speed also was good enough against much more experienced guys :)

Good memories...

Oct 19, 2017
F1s new Real Road feature seems off to me. Cars spin way too much, not sure, this is, how it works in real li.......oh.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sasha Jednak

Mitja Bonca

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 8, 2008
Awesome P3 today in wet. I hope that Q will have same conditions.
I`m sure LH will not be in the 1st row :D:D

Last edited:

Anbear

1RPM
Apr 15, 2019
Can anyone think of 'some kind of low grip surface covering that could be sprayed onto a track' ??
anyone
anyone
Bueller
Bueller
Nope.Cant think of anything. I'll go fill the kettle with water and have a cuppa.
I'm sure I can come up with something that can be 'developed'....
That was one hilarious / frustrating discussion to listen to, I mean, they came soo close to saying it.

Reactions: PaulAM

paracletus

1000RPM
Dec 6, 2013
There's a drop of rain out there, which usually means a one-horse race unless MV has something to say about it.

GeForce06

100RPM
May 9, 2009
really like how they are crying because of some rain and less grip........always thought they are there because they are the best drivers? :roflmao:

Reactions: Fat-Alfie

kevintaddo10

250RPM
Oct 15, 2018
really like how they are crying because of some rain and less grip........always thought they are there because they are the best drivers? :roflmao:
it's because there's new asphalt, and no grip, even in the dry. It's impossible to drive like that

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
Ouch probably all lap times will be investigated --> KMag board radio: all drivers improve under full course yellow*
*Except Max. He set a valid lap only when Sector one was yellow which was already behind him.

And up to Q2

Last edited: