Alright when was that again.....?

Renault being massive karens as usual. Even without them brake ducts Renault wont beat them.

Last year racing point protested renault for their braking system. Renault got disqualified from that race losing ALL points. Renault is now protesting for the same punishment to be upheld. Using an illegal part on your car = DQ and no points during the race the part is used in.
i can totally understand Renault protesting every race, because the illegal brake duct is still on the car.

Last year racing point protested renault for their braking system. Renault got disqualified from that race losing ALL points. Renault is now protesting for the same punishment to be upheld. Using an illegal part on your car = DQ and no points during the race the part is used in.
i can totally understand Renault protesting every race, because the illegal brake duct is still on the car.

Maybe someone here needs to re-read the findings. The brake ducts themselves arent illegal which is why they're allowed to keep them.

F1 did a big machine learning numbercrunch on all drivers qualiy times.
They came up with a list.

The Top 20 revealed
RankingDriverTime Delta
1Ayrton Senna0.000s
2Michael Schumacher0.114s
3Lewis Hamilton0.275s
4Max Verstappen0.280s
5Fernando Alonso0.309s
6Nico Rosberg0.374s
7Charles Leclerc0.376s
8Heikki Kovalainen0.378s
9Jarno Trulli0.409s
10Sebastian Vettel0.435s
11Rubens Barrichello0.445s
12Nico Hulkenberg0.456s
13Valtteri Bottas0.457s
14Carlos Sainz0.457s
15Lando Norris0.459s
16Daniel Ricciardo0.461s
17Jenson Button0.462s
18Robert Kubica0.463s
19Giancarlo Fisichella0.469s
20Alain Prost0.514s

Senna is still the greatest ever, still a pretty nice score for the "mediocre" 22 year old driver Verstappen.
Still a big gap from Lewis and Max to Schumacher.

With still a decade of a career in front of him he might close that gap.
Don't see Hamiton getting any better or faster that he already is (and he's stellar).

Numbers don't lie. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks F1 races are boring.
As a child i would be dragged to church on Sunday morning. As a Christian i had to put on nice clothes and go sit in a church and listen to stories told by a middle aged to old preacher. And sing hymns, i was bad at it as i would finish and someone would point to about half way so i had to sing even more. Those hymns go on for ever. So i would rather get up and watch F1 at 7am-1pm or whenever it starts than go to church. The next time i end up in church will probably be my funeral. unless i get roped into a weeding. I have never been to other peoples funerals there so creepy i would not want to. Being around sad people is unhealthy.
So remember people here in the Americas when you moan about the last race you could of been in church.:geek:

It's not nonsense, it's probably the best method currently for comparing qualifying results between drivers of different era and different cars.

This has nothing to do with politics

Check out this: https://www.autosport.com/other/news/151502/new-hydrogenpowered-racing-series-to-launch-in-2023
bb4e3c4db6452cb2958c7121831e40d1.jpg

HAW (former DTM team) and German Automobile Club linking up with eSports to start a new series in 2023: One driver on track, one driver in eSports, points combined count towards championship. No talk yet, which platform will be used.

Level the field....same cars, same engines, same parts... simple as that....
If Anything that will encourage cheating. Nascar has a lot of cheating because it has 3 manufacturers but rules make it so the airo is almost the same. If one Manufacturer had a edge rivals will protest for a adjustment in airo. Then be back up front.
Personally i have watched one make racing and i find it dull. Part of F1 DNA is the competition on different levels. Drivers, Teams, Power Unit builders, And sponsors.

See that is where you Verstappen fans get seriously confused. Lewis is fast, but only when he needs to be. He's not trying to be the fastest guy on track, even though he is incredibly quick. However, Hamilton's claim to fame is that he is known for being a very technical and extremely focused driver. This is why Lewis can squeeze out three tenths where other drivers can't. This is why even though his teammates are driving the same car they can't, or that even though Red Bull had the fastest car during the Vettel period, Lewis could still clip both Red Bulls to take pole in any race, even if he didn't always win the race.

Being the fastest driver isn't going to win races, and if that's all that you have to bring to the table, you aren't going to win. You have to have the talent, and the skill. You have to be shrewd, and patient, and Lewis is the COMPLETE package because he possesses all of those attributes. This is also what makes other drivers, and fans alike very envious.
That is right you have to pace yourself and look after the power unit. Alain Prost won 4 tittles by winning the race in the slowest time. Its hard to get your head around how he won so many races.
Its like a sprinter in a marathon, He has the mentality to go fast the entire event and he will probably loose out in the final stages.

Would agree that the generated rating lists can't be taken very seriously. It is futile trying to compare 80s driver performance with 2020s drivers. For example it isnt believable that prost is a worse driver than some of those 2nd tier drivers around 8-15. No Mansell.. huh, that says all you need to know about this algorithm effort. Sorry.

Would agree that the generated rating lists can't be taken very seriously. It is futile trying to compare 80s driver performance with 2020s drivers. For example it isnt believable that prost is a worse driver than some of those 2nd tier drivers around 8-15. No Mansell.. huh, that says all you need to know about this algorithm effort. Sorry.
Different cars, Different rules, Different technology or lack of. I would love to see a event with talent young and old. But the older drivers may not pass the health check.

If that's the case that's not the numbers fault, that's a lie, hidden in numbers.
5=5=10 never 11
The only way to do this is determine the average. Because points scored and number of events will come into play. So you have a percentage. But in the 50s to 70s there was less reliability . 80s to 2000 it came up and in the modern eara it is rare to see a cars mechanics fail. We know more about cars and build parts stronger and lighter. And safety is such a big factor today.

Swap Kovalainen with Hakkinen and you have a pretty believable list, certainly I expected a lot more anomalies from this sort of purely numerical exercise with its limitations, but it seems like a promising start. Also this list is all about qualifying performance, races are not counted, which explains a little bit why Kovalainen is there in the first place.

That list doesn’t look to bad, since it is only about qualifying. Although, it looks weird to have a lot of 2020 drivers. Maybe because gaps between teammates before were larger, as drivers made a bit more difference than today.
I really miss Mansell, Hakkinen and maybe even Damon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%