Alright when was that again.....?

Ya you just keep your head in the sand buddy! Not saying there isn't a virus but it is not acceptable to close down the world because there is a tiny percentage of people at risk! If you want to stay at home under the covers that's fine but let everyone else get on with life! More chance of getting hit by a car than getting something serious with this covid! Life is a risk. Deal with it!

There is actually far less chance of being hit by a car and dying, by an order of magnitudes.

Also, a small percentage of a very large number is still a very large number. It's not a constructive argument to be dismissive using percentages when the absolute numbers are so high.

However, in saying that, I do wonder whether our mitigation methods cause more harm than good on a global scale. On an individual scale the mitigation is compassionate. Only the future will tell what the answer is.

Now, back to sim racing!

Man I am loving Rosberg these days! He made Free P2 so enjoyable this morning, and he's a wealth of info as an ex driver. The commentators were talking about what Bottas needs to do to get back in the championship fight. Rosberg explains how Lewis has the gift of managing his tires, that he knows the absolute feel for his tires and how he is able to push his front brake bias so far forward and and never lock up because he has so much finesse for the tires, and more than anyone else in the field, and that it's not something that can be learned in a simulator.

Then (of course because they are always trying to compare Verstappen with Lewis) they ask Rosberg if he thinks that Verstappen has that same kind of gift to feel the tires like Lewis, and I liked that Rosberg didn't just give a canned answer to compare Verstappen with Lewis because I am so tired of hearing that. Rosberg did not think that it was a strength that Verstappen posses, and you could just tell that they did not like his answer. An ex driver who was once Hamilton's arch rival even knows that the talent of Lewis is incomparable in the sport today. Everyone is trying to build Verstappen as the next coming - uh no.

to be honest i think Max is better than Hamilton these days, Hamilton is a very good and talented driver and yes one of the best, but i think the last 3 championships are because of the Mercedes. Bottas i don't see as a talent like Max and Hamilton but Look how close they are, and if Bottas is in front he always has a problem or needs to let Hamilton in front.
Again i don't hate or dislike Hamilton but i think he is (the last 3 years) overratted. and yes i am dutch (but not a Max fan) but i think Max is the better one now just look on how he drives in a lesser car and declasses his team mates.

There is actually far less chance of being hit by a car and dying, by an order of magnitudes.

Also, a small percentage of a very large number is still a very large number. It's not a constructive argument to be dismissive using percentages when the absolute numbers are so high.

However, in saying that, I do wonder whether our mitigation methods cause more harm than good on a global scale. On an individual scale the mitigation is compassionate. Only the future will tell what the answer is.

Now, back to sim racing!
[/QUOTE

Now, back to sim racing!
[/QUOTe

Now, back to sim racing!
OK this is my last post here as I can see I am wasting my time here! Just stop watching mainstream news and media as there is so much propaganda going on right now, do your own research and come to your own conclusions! I apologize if I have offended anyone but I truly believe this is more nefarious than a simple case of a leaked virus and as you say the future will tell but I fear it will be too late by then! Totalitarinism is on the way!

Its the reverse of Willy T Ribs who tested for Tyrell and was told he was to slow. Probably due to sponsors threatening to pull the plug if he drove the car. He was stripped of a stock car win as official keeping score put him a lap down because they where racist.

This
Willy T Ribbs tested for Brabham and Ecclestone wanted Willy but sponsor Parmalat wanted an Italian in the car. This is straight from Willy per his documentary "Uppity" a must watch...

And in addition to that, while drivers in those days often jumped between F1 and Group C sportscars. Some dabbled in other classes as well. The idea that a driver who, while he excelled in Trans Am, had very little open wheeler experience, and what experience he had were not exactly top results. That he would jump in to an F1 car, and be competitive isn't very likely. This is further shown by his IndyCar results, mostly while racing for Walker.

Also, he never got close to a NASCAR-win did he? Not even sure he ever got a top 10 in NASCAR, regardless of what series he was in either.
The one you think of that finished first, but wasn't awarded 1st place in the race, then later getting the win, and his family got the trophy, almost 50 years later, that was Wendell Scott. Scott had some really good results in NASCAR in the 60's and early 70's.

Man I am loving Rosberg these days! He made Free P2 so enjoyable this morning, and he's a wealth of info as an ex driver. The commentators were talking about what Bottas needs to do to get back in the championship fight. Rosberg explains how Lewis has the gift of managing his tires, that he knows the absolute feel for his tires and how he is able to push his front brake bias so far forward and and never lock up because he has so much finesse for the tires, and more than anyone else in the field, and that it's not something that can be learned in a simulator.

Then (of course because they are always trying to compare Verstappen with Lewis) they ask Rosberg if he thinks that Verstappen has that same kind of gift to feel the tires like Lewis, and I liked that Rosberg didn't just give a canned answer to compare Verstappen with Lewis because I am so tired of hearing that. Rosberg did not think that it was a strength that Verstappen posses, and you could just tell that they did not like his answer. An ex driver who was once Hamilton's arch rival even knows that the talent of Lewis is incomparable in the sport today. Everyone is trying to build Verstappen as the next coming - uh no.

ZuneyGuy... its a matter of time. Max is by far the most tallented driver. The only thing he needs is a better car. Rosberg talk like the weather... he change every time his story. Try to read Peter Winsor!
Tallent? Lewis never has to push his car to much.. with all credits to the merc engine. Dont get me wrong Lewis is outstanding good driver but xxxxx years with no competition it is easy. Hope Redbull or Ferrari comes, closser Leclerce or Max... for a real battle.. then we know how good Lewis is.... I mean wheel to wheel.

Last edited:
And in addition to that, while drivers in those days often jumped between F1 and Group C sportscars. Some dabbled in other classes as well. The idea that a driver who, while he excelled in Trans Am, had very little open wheeler experience, and what experience he had were not exactly top results. That he would jump in to an F1 car, and be competitive isn't very likely. This is further shown by his IndyCar results, mostly while racing for Walker.

Also, he never got close to a NASCAR-win did he? Not even sure he ever got a top 10 in NASCAR, regardless of what series he was in either.
The one you think of that finished first, but wasn't awarded 1st place in the race, then later getting the win, and his family got the trophy, almost 50 years later, that was Wendell Scott. Scott had some really good results in NASCAR in the 60's and early 70's.

Willy took his college tuition money and went to England and won the 1977 Dunlop/Autosport Star of Tomorrow FF1600 in his first year of competition, winning six races in eleven starts with Mike Eastick's Scorpion Racing School.
Willy tried Nascar in 1978 and his crew chief was an unrepentant racist.
He did Formula Atlantic in 1981-82 grabbing pole at Long Beach.
Ribbs saw his most success in the Trans-Am Series, winning 17 races while driving for such names as Dan Gurney and Jack Roush
Willy tested the Brabham BT54 at Estoril in 1986.
Fortunately Dan Gurney hired Ribbs in '87 to drive the AAR Toyota in IMSA and he won several races.
His forays into Nascar and IndyCar were with compromised equipment and less experienced teams except for his stint with Derrick Walker.

r03i2f7cccy11.jpg

_Hpfm0sIsPH8LXfHUFQnTmPBGHZyYo0Khtib43GcQ0c.jpg

Last edited:
to be honest i think Max is better than Hamilton these days, Hamilton is a very good and talented driver and yes one of the best, but i think the last 3 championships are because of the Mercedes. Bottas i don't see as a talent like Max and Hamilton but Look how close they are, and if Bottas is in front he always has a problem or needs to let Hamilton in front.
Again i don't hate or dislike Hamilton but i think he is (the last 3 years) overratted. and yes i am dutch (but not a Max fan) but i think Max is the better one now just look on how he drives in a lesser car and declasses his team mates.
Max Verstappen is a good driver, that's it. Personally I have always been more impressed with the performances of Daniel Ricciardo when he was with Red Bull. The only reason that Verstappen looks better than both Gasly and Albon is because his teammates have to drive a car that is made and molded from the Verstappen template, and that's the point to Verstappen's success over his teamates today.

Red Bull didn't make cars molded to any particular driver when Ricciardo was on the team because there was no clear number one driverat the time, and that explains why Ricciardo handled Verstappen much better than both Gasly and Albon. The problem with that though was that Ricciardo was a threat to the senior Verstappen's plans. That is why Red Bull continuously gave Ricciardo bad cars, while Verstappen had better cars after 2017 but before those shenanigans started happening, Ricciardo continuously outscored Verstappen for points every season.

You see, the only reason that Ricciardo isn't on the team today is because Ricciardo didn't have a father and former F1 driver sitting in the paddock during every race negotiating deals, and speaking for him. Ricciardo had to do everything on his own merits (just as a young man should be taught to do) and Ricciardo did just that. Verstappen has an ex-driver father with who knows how to talk and negotiate for his son, and that is why Verstappen isn't the real deal, he didn't do **** on his own. He had daddy do it for him. Now he has teamates who are forced to drive cars that are not configured to their liking. No one would wear a custom suit that was tailored for another man's body, and I can imagine that is what both Gasly and Albon feel as though they are/were wearing an uncomfortable suit.

Today Rosberg echoed the same thing that I have said for so long - Ricciardo should be driving for a better team. He's much better than Verstappen because he proved it during his Red Bull years.

ZuneyGuy... its a matter of time. Max is by far the most tallented driver. The only thing he needs is a better car. Rosberg talk like the weather... he change every time his story. Try to read Peter Winsor!
Tallent? Lewis never has to push his car to much.. with all credits to the merc engine. Dont get me wrong Lewis is outstanding good driver but xxxxx years with no competition it is easy. Hope Redbull or Ferrari comes, closser Leclerce or Max... for a real battle.. then we know how good Lewis is.... I mean wheel to wheel.
I would seriously rethink that assertion. Hamilton was a first year rookie driver, and he handled Alonso like he drove against him for 3-4 years. In fact Lewis had what is said ti be the greatest rookie year in the history of the sport. Also, Alonso is constantly heralded as one of the greatest to ever drive an F1 car, but he was so threatened by his young teammate (Hamilton) that he extorted his bosses at McLaren just to win a race over Lewis.

As far as Verstappen, well he was outscored by Ricciardo every year that they were teammates. That is why I have much more respect for Ricciardo as a driver than I ever will for Verstappen. Daniel Ricciardo was a clear threat to the elder Verstappen's plans for his son. Must be nice to have daddy helping you with everything at work.

OK this is my last post here as I can see I am wasting my time here! Just stop watching mainstream news and media as there is so much propaganda going on right now, do your own research and come to your own conclusions! I apologize if I have offended anyone but I truly believe this is more nefarious than a simple case of a leaked virus and as you say the future will tell but I fear it will be too late by then! Totalitarinism is on the way!

Last edited:
I would seriously rethink that assertion. Hamilton was a first year rookie driver, and he handled Alonso like he drove against him for 3-4 years. In fact Lewis had what is said ti be the greatest rookie year in the history of the sport. Also, Alonso is constantly heralded as one of the greatest to ever drive an F1 car, but he was so threatened by his young teammate (Hamilton) that he extorted his bosses at McLaren just to win a race over Lewis.

As far as Verstappen, well he was outscored by Ricciardo every year that they were teammates. That is why I have much more respect for Ricciardo as a driver than I ever will for Verstappen. Daniel Ricciardo was a clear threat to the elder Verstappen's plans for his son. Must be nice to have daddy helping you with everything at work.

You think in another level... for sure when you believe that Max Has a better car had then Ric. Serious?. Funny and Strange look of F1 have you!
Lewis in his rookie year was in a top team xx experience in other classes... Ron brings him for years slow to the top. And then Lewis have always drive for a top team in F1 Alonso and Max starting not for a top team. Max was go karting and have one year experience in f3 before he start in F1...... Lewis fans are a little blind what they will to see

You think in another level... for sure when you believe that Max Has a better car had then Ric. Serious?. Funny and Strange look of F1 have you!
Lewis in his rookie year was in a top team xx experience in other classes... Ron brings him for years slow to the top. And then Lewis have always drive for a top team in F1 Alonso and Max starting not for a top team. Max was go karting and have one year experience in f3 before he start in F1...... Lewis fans are a little blind what they will to see
Yes, I find it very strange when one driver has 8 DNFs and the other driver has 2 in 2018, but every year before that season Ricciardo scored more points than Verstappen every year. It's just t bad that trickery was afoot from daddy Verstappen in the background making deals for his little boy.

Lewis was placed at McLaren because Dennis desperately wanted him on the team. He knew that he was ready for the next level. Verstappen came into the sport crashing into everyone and everything, hence the nickname "Crashstappen". I can't help that other drivers had to start at lower teams, but obviously Ron Dennis felt that Lewis was ready, and he acted on it. It's pretty obvious why Dennis rolled the dice to get Lewis on his team. As a rookie Lewis handled Alonso like a veteran, but Verstappen didn't do the same against Ricciardo because he couldn't.

It's obvious why Rosberg is saying these things now versus what he used to say. It's because he isn't angry anymore about what happened between he and Lewis, so he can now tell what was always true to him before. He seems at peace now that he isn't dueling with Lewis. He's enjoying life and his retirement.

It's not just Rosberg who thinks that Lewis is the greatest. Murray Walker is a legend in the sport and he already believes what many already feel about Lewis, that Lewis is the greatest driver of all-time. He said this just last week. Verstappen fans seem so desperate to elevate him, but really he is only a good driver by comparison, not great by any means. Honestly Ricciardo is much better, and I am sure that Crashstappen knows it as well.

Last edited:
Hi all,
My son Russell has created this video blog as a way of promoting his racing and getting his name out there. Very few economic resources, but still fighting the good fight to try and find some sponsorship. I figured I'd share it here, and at minimum get some opinions/feedback on it. Here's the link:

Apologies in advance if this is not entirely proper - just trying to get the word out there, as he is also an avid sim racer like us and there will be vlogs about that, too ;) Thank you!

Too bad you've missed the F1 races since Verstappen is racing in F1. I advice you to start watching. It's supernice to see him driving if you ask me. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%