Alright when was that again.....?

That is how daft F1 is if you use it to support drivers rather than teams...

Hulk and Rosberg would of cleaned up basically... we could now be talking of one of the Nico's as being able to beat Schumys record WDC..... MADNESS.

I think Lewis is the best F1 driver, for whatever that is worth, but if he'd stayed at McLaren he'd of won zilch...... try to tell me i am wrong...

I don't see why we should prove you wrong. F1 has always been like that. Basically, you don't like F1, which is ok, there are so many racing series out there for you to enjoy. But to say F1 is "daft" is utterly pointless.

F1 has *always* been about the combination of a great car with a great driver. That's the appeal. Why? Because each team designs it own car, so if a team designs a better car, it automatically has a marked advantage over its competitors. This is why, over the years, we've had periods when a specific team dominated the competition. Jim Clark was dominant because he drove a Lotus when Lotus had the best car. Senna and Prost ruled when McLaren had the best car. Schumacher cleaned up when Ferrari dominated. Etc. This is the difference with a spec series where teams just buy cars and engines and run them.

The thing is, great drivers almost invariably end up driving great cars. If they're not up to the task, they're either not signed or dropped quickly. Do you doubt for a second that Jim Clark, Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher or Niki Lauda were crap? Sure, some great talents sometimes miss out on great drives. But the real exceptional talents, the gems like Clark, Schumacher, Senna or Hamilton usually don't stay with average teams. The exception would be Alonso, but that's the result of a poor attitude, not lack of talent.

To me, Hulkenberg is another Bottas: he would make a solid #2 driver at a top team. But would I sign him to lead to a top team? No. There's a reason Hulk was second choice to Hamilton, not the first choice.

And yes, if a great driver does not have a great car, he won't win. That's a basic fact of F1. Anybody who cares for F1 knows this.

Last edited:
The only thing that stops me from thinking lewis hamilton is one of the greats is that he hasn't done the business in a car thats not at the very top! Senna did it with the Mclaren, Schumacher was competitive in an underwhelming ferrari against the williams of villeneuve in 97 and hakkinen in the next two years before ferrari became truly dominant and alonso has dragged a mediocre ferrari to almost 2 championships. I can remember 1 season where hamilton struggled to beat his teammate button in an average Mclaren! I would love for lewis to show what he can do in a lesser car before he retires! I don't meaning winning championships but just punching above his weight in an inferior machine!

I think they should do away with any "mode" changing of the engine at all during races. They should have to set the engine performance to whatever the team feels is going to get them through the race mileage/engine allotment rules for the season. The only exception they should have to change the engine mode during a race/quali is for a save the engine somethings wrong limp home mode and maybe a lower power setting for difficult conditions like rain races.

Guess I am the only one LOL? So just to clear things up @Andrew mate I wasn't making fun of #WeRaceAsOne I fully support that and what it stands for, so not so sure why the angry reaction but for better or worse (probably worse :roflmao:) I grew up watching the TV show Jackass. At the begining of every show Johny Knoxville would say "Hi! I'm Johny Knoxville welcome to Jackass". There production company's logo is almost exactly the same as the #WeRaceAsOne logo which is why it reminded me of the TV show: :thumbsup:

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

So a driver that didn’t get pole in black Merc would get it in pink Merc? Does that mean that RP is actually best car on 2020 grid... ;)

RP is last years Merc, I know Lewis would be better than Hulk and Stroll in it because he is better than them...
I also think G Russell in the Pink Merc would of been faster than Stroll and Hulk...
And of course Lewis in the Williams would be slower than most of the field bar Alfas and his Williams team mate..

But alas we will never see Lewis in a poor car.

He was Ron Dennis's little project ever since Ron saw what Tiger Woods did in golf. Money money money...
First proper 'black' (although he isn't really his mum is white) F1 driver was gold...
Rest is history....and Merc sell a lot of cars to the US... where Lewis sounds now like he is from...

I love this sport....I do.
I've been following it since 1971...a full 49 years..
At the rate the governing body is going, we may as well hand everybody a 'participation' trophy and send them home.
Every time somebody gets their panties in a wad and starts complaining about the competition, we get a proposed rule change purely in an attempt to slow them down.
What the heck is the point?
Complaining teams need to raise their end game.
Don't tell me it can't be done....
Force India did it on a pittance a few years back.
They were always in financial trouble but still had good enough people to build a car capable of challenging some of the bigger teams with...in some cases.... three times their budget.
These guys really need to stop whining and get on with it.

That was quick!
How does the crew feel about it?
Not sure as a team mechanic if I'd be comfortable this early.
His may be a negative test but given what little we know about this virus, if I were a team member I'd like to see another week
Seems rushed.

Last edited:
I think everyone knows that the heat will play a role here, but how much as compared to Silverstone? This track is hard on the left tyres, just like Silverstone, so the potential is there for another Mercedes collapse if they can't get a proper strategy to manage it. In the heat (which I expect), I think we are looking at another win from Max. If Mercedes can manage the tyres, then Hamilton will win by half a lap. 25% chance for rain...that should be fun.

Well, it's a rainbow with words under it. The font is different, and all the colors are different. Although, I do see why it would remind you of dickhouse.

I look at pictures that my kids draw or paint and think I've seen it before, so you're not alone!

He was Ron Dennis's little project ever since Ron saw what Tiger Woods did in golf. Money money money...
First proper 'black' (although he isn't really his mum is white) F1 driver was gold...
Rest is history....and Merc sell a lot of cars to the US... where Lewis sounds now like he is from...

I don't think Ron saw money. Hamilton didn't bring any sponsors. And if there's one team that didn't need money, it was McLaren. Ron saw an exceptional talent and very wisely signed him up rather than lose him to another team. In his book, Nick Fry writes that Honda tried to sign him during his last GP2 season, when there was a very small chance Dennis would not give him a drive for 2007. It seems there was a clause that would have allowed Hamilton to go to Honda should McLaren passed on his services. (Fry also tried to get Alonso in 2009, when Honda became Brawn. Fernando passed and stayed at Renault. Another missed opportunity for Alonso.)

As for Mercedes, if Hamilton helps them sell cars in the US, that's very good. These corporations are there to sell cars. If they don't see a return on their investments in F1, they leave .

Last edited:
The only thing that stops me from thinking lewis hamilton is one of the greats is that he hasn't done the business in a car thats not at the very top! Senna did it with the Mclaren, Schumacher was competitive in an underwhelming ferrari against the williams of villeneuve in 97 and hakkinen in the next two years before ferrari became truly dominant and alonso has dragged a mediocre ferrari to almost 2 championships. I can remember 1 season where hamilton struggled to beat his teammate button in an average Mclaren! I would love for lewis to show what he can do in a lesser car before he retires! I don't meaning winning championships but just punching above his weight in an inferior machine!

I think you're a bit harsh. He was good right from the start of his first season, so good that he Alonso was pretty much forced to leave McLaren and return to Renault. He had some ups and downs with McLaren, but with Mercedes, he matured into an amazing driver. The only season when he didn't win the championship in 2016, it was a very close fight with Rosberg. And Rosberg didn't have the guts to defend his title against Hamilton. I lost a lot of respect for him when he chickened out like that. It's almost as if Rosberg knew he would not be able to do it again and his championship was a lucky occurence. I'm not the biggest Hamilton fan, but in my mind he's the best out there right now.

In before all the "oh no, I want hulkenberg" :(
Oh wait, too late - cry me a river. NH is obviously some kind of idol on this place, goodness knows.
The team's top driver can get going again. That's good.

I'm ready for it again.
Enjoy the >31 degrees sunny race weekend at Barcelona.

I think Mercedes 'learned' from their 'mistake/wrong strategy' and are able to change very quickly.
So Lewis will win. Although I hope for Max again.

Midfield is also very competitive and anything can happen. Will Checo be top fit again to perform at the highest level?
Hopefully good battles ON the track and less battles on paper.

As multiple entries are possible I voted for both Lewis and Max. Is that cheating or within the rules of the FIA uuuh RD :p

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing