2020 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

Hamilton will be remembered as one of the greatest drivers and the most lucky driver ever with his team choices. Also his achievements are going to be devaluated because everybody will be remembered that as a rookie that lost a wdc that he had completely in the bag with 2 races to the end of the season and lost if because he entered in a pointless battle of egos with a team mate that he had already beaten when he only needed a handful of points to seal the wdc, and turned oud that he ended equaled on points with that egocentric and paranoid worldchampion that was loosing his mind all season long seeing ghosts in a british team in where the british owner was as madly in love with his british protegè as much as Helmut Marko is with Verstappen.

Almost lost a wdc in the last race again against an upper midfield driver that should had been steamrolled with races to spare, was beated by other world champion that at one point was ridiculed by not british media as he was for some time the driver with most race entries without a race victory, guy that just lucked into an overpowered car for 1 season to win a devaluated wdc against another overrated future wdc and a team mate that never had freedom to fight him.

And finaly he and another driver that never won a race before nor did anything to write home about before with the exception of a pointless fastest lap suddenly happens both to be hired by what it turns out to be the most overpowered team in the sport history and overnight both of them seem like unbeatable racing gods for 3 seasons straight, after that other upper midfield driver is hired and overnight seems another racing god fighting for pole positions and some race victories, hired in a Barrichello role to keep clinching succesive wdc's without even having to break to sweat meanwhile the team claims how hard the fight for every victory was and how they are the underdogs and that guys that are in cars 0.5 seconds slower are serious threats for their victories. All the while they let some other team win a handful of races every season in order to not get their huge advantage nerfed by the FIA, so they can keep winning at pleasure.

We are privileged, we are witnessing history.

@ZuneGuy Verstappen also overtook Bottas @ Monaco. In a Toro Rosso. Hamilton (Mercedes) just has a much faster car then everybody else. That's why they win races. Even a slower racing driver like Bottas will have a podium everyday in a Mercedes that is build towards Hamiltons' liking. Verstappen destroy his team mates, that's why they are leaving. Hamilton would also leave Mercedes in a year if Verstappen become his team mate.

This race Hamilton was a bit lucky with the tyres. Last 2 races he failed to manage them. One race he was having a flat tyre in the last lap and the race after he made them blister and wear so fast, I've never seen that bad tyre management before. Verstappen did so much better, he even won the race vs. a superiour Mercedes car of Hamilton.
When was Crashstappen in a Toro Rosso and Bottas was in a Merc? You must mean that Crash was driving a Toro Rosso when Bottas was at Williams, otherwise you make no sense.

Now, as for Crashstappen, you are not going to convince me that a guy who crashes his car while driving to the starting line is any good. I mean he didn't get the name Crashstappen for nothing. Personally I have never heard of any diver doing that. I've also never heard of any driver who is in the lead of a race getting into a tangle, and crashing his car with the very last guy on track. It takes real brains to do something like that. But that's why people gave him the name Crash though isn't it? The guy got dusted by Ricciardo every year - every year.

Crash has never impressed me. i mean why doesn't Red Bull give their other drivers cars molded to them, because Red Bull are idiots who can't win a race, and they are jealous of Mercedes, and it's sad. Crash has one win this year, and only because the other team made a poor choice of tire strategy. But you enjoy that one win why don't you...

I could easily make the argument that Bottas is slow because Mercedes develops the car to Hamilton's liking and I would have as much proof as your "theory" regarding Red Bull. It's not uncommon for a driver to blame the car when they are slow, we heard it from all Schumacher's team-mates etc. How do you tell the difference between a driver just being slow and the car being intentionally made difficult for them to drive? Ricciardo by the way managed to win every year when racing as Max's team-mate, so looks like they didn't sabotage his car quite as much then.
Stop making crap up, Mercedes does not develop their cars to any one driver, but Red Bull does, in fact that have mentioned it during a race on Sky Sports. Bottas is given a fair chance to race Lewis, unlike both Gasly and Albon, Those guys have been given a stacked deck. Stop wasting my time telling me what you could easily do and show me. Keep in mind I will still always think and know that Crashstappen is not a great driver, just a good driver.

Jan Larsen

Premium
Denmark
Now, as for Crashstappen, you are not going to convince me that a guy who crashes his car while driving to the starting line is any good. I mean he didn't get the name Crashstappen for nothing. Personally I have never heard of any diver doing that.
Grosjean, just last year, Brazilian Grand Prix. Plenty of other instances if you trawl through history.
I've also never heard of any driver who is in the lead of a race getting into a tangle, and crashing his car with the very last guy on track. It takes real brains to do something like that. But that's why people gave him the name Crash though isn't it? The guy got dusted by Ricciardo every year - every year.

Crash has never impressed me. i mean why doesn't Red Bull give their other drivers cars molded to them, because Red Bull are idiots who can't win a race, and they are jealous of Mercedes, and it's sad. Crash has one win this year, and only because the other team made a poor choice of tire strategy. But you enjoy that one win why don't you...
Your post is beyond idiotic, total waste of space here and the keyboard presses you used to write your gibberish.

*ignored.

Stop making crap up, Mercedes does not develop their cars to any one driver, but Red Bull does, in fact that have mentioned it during a race on Sky Sports. Bottas is given a fair chance to race Lewis, unlike both Gasly and Albon, Those guys have been given a stacked deck. Stop wasting my time telling me what you could easily do and show me. Keep in mind I will still always think and know that Crashstappen is not a great driver, just a good driver.

I'm afraid "someone on Sky Sports said" is not evidence, that's called gossip. Please provide the evidence that Red Bull designs cars for specific drivers as opposed to making the quickest possible car. If you cannot, stop making silly statements like this.

I think you're here to troll. Crahstappen dis and that... blah... blah..talk you have a strange view of formula 1 and you sometimes say laughable strange things with no respect at all towards Max don't know what age is but it's pretty childish

I think you're here to troll. Crahstappen dis and that... blah... blah..talk you have a strange view of formula 1 and you sometimes say laughable strange things with no respect at all towards Max don't know what age is but it's pretty childish
No, it's not like that at all seriously. I am just tired of the Hamilton - Verstappen comparisons. They do it at least 5 times on every race broadcast and it sickens me. Now I have you fabulous people doing the same here, but worse. Lewis is Lewis and Verstappen is Verstappen and leave at that. Nothing that I say is weird or strange, it's just that folks don't like it when it isn't something that they like to see or want to hear, that is human nature.

If you think that truthfulness is strange then what else do we have to discuss, but if I was on this forums telling straight up lies than you would have an argument against me. Every thought about Hamilton on these forums is someone's opinion of him, and we all know what opinions are like.

My only crime is purposefully misspelling Verstappen's real name - period.

What really blows me away though is that if an older guy like Murray Walker can show respect for what Hamilton has achieved the way that he has, maybe there is hope for..... the others. I don't know.

Last edited:

Durge Driven

Premium
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Lewis record smasher, how long do they make him wait for knighthood, easily deserves it now

Someone needs to turn spellcheck on :x3:

Untitled 1.jpg

Bottas can't match Lewis in any way, and they are driving exactly the same car through and through. Verstappen's teammates however have to contend with a car that was molded for Verstappen and not them. They are basically having to wear a custom suit that is custom fitted to another guy's body. But when Ricciardo was driving for Red Bull there were no cars molded for any a specific driver. That is why Ricciardo beat Verstappen every single year in points except for 2018 when he never got to race a proper F1 race car because they wouldn't make it reliable. I felt so bad for Ricciardo that year

I'm just not that impressed with Verstatppen at all, not one bit.

Reliabilty was the a big issue with Renault. The year 2017 Verstappen had it's fair share of technical DNF's.
2018 Ricciardo was bothered witt a bunch of them.
That was the reason they switched to Honda.
Last 2 years RedBull without Verstappen would be a top midfield contender.
In 2018 Verstappen out-qualified Ricciardo totally, if you want to compare raw speed.
That the car was made for Verstappen is total BS.

You don't need to like him, but the numbers don't lie.

markg88

Premium
near Cambridge
just scrolled down the last few pages without reading, but seeing all the posts by zuneguy I just couldn't bother reading any posts, and certainly not his!
I believe hamilton thinks of himself like zuneguy thinks of him. I'd rather see some humility about taking candy from babies that the Merc dominance is and is continuing to be, rather than drama queen stuff.
In a 'zone' ffs... give us a break!

Fucitol

Premium
... Lewis is Lewis and Verstappen is Verstappen and leave at that. Nothing that I say is weird or strange, it's just that folks don't like it when it isn't something that they like to see or want to hear, that is human nature.

Then call him by his name instead of 'Crash' or 'Crashtappen'. No one here is interested in reading your troll posts and stating that 'I only tell the truth' while actually spewing your opinions earns a report from me. If you can't handle comparisons between the current #1 and #2 drivers in the championship; why are you interested in racing anyway? Are there any other comparisons that you do allow for us to discuss here?

Then call him by his name instead of 'Crash' or 'Crashtappen'. No one here is interested in reading your troll posts and stating that 'I only tell the truth' while actually spewing your opinions earns a report from me. If you can't handle comparisons between the current #1 and #2 drivers in the championship; why are you interested in racing anyway? Are there any other comparisons that you do allow for us to discuss here?
Sure per race comparisons are great, but career race comparisons in an attempt to undermine or diminish what Lewis has done, and is doing is not a comparison. Those are the comparisons that are dumb because it's just jealousy. Most of these comments go beyond simply comparing two drivers after a singular race and how they both performed in that race.

Everyone on here is spewing opinions, and I didn't make up the "Crashstappen" name, someone else did. It is something that people say in regards to his racing on track. Now as far as earning a report from you, are we talking about a graded book report or what?

Reliabilty was the a big issue with Renault. The year 2017 Verstappen had it's fair share of technical DNF's.
2018 Ricciardo was bothered witt a bunch of them.
That was the reason they switched to Honda.
Last 2 years RedBull without Verstappen would be a top midfield contender.
In 2018 Verstappen out-qualified Ricciardo totally, if you want to compare raw speed.
That the car was made for Verstappen is total BS.

You don't need to like him, but the numbers don't lie.
You are right, the numbers don't lie, and the numbers are that Ricciardo beat Verstappen every year that they were teammates, except for 2018, and I don't care what anyone says - 8 DNFs in a single season while your teammate gets to race is extreme by any teams measures. Actually it's to the point that maybe that team should seek racing in another series.

Out of the blue, and all of a sudden in one season a driver is not given a reliable car to drive (2018), and it is so bad that after that one season he decides to leave. After that and every season thereafter his new teammates have to suffer in cars that are not to there liking, or at least developed on a neutral basis. If I were a driver I would avoid signing with Red Bull altogether. But unfortunately and realistically, no driver can do that.

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
I don’t get some people here, how can you mention Max or Leclerc in same sentence with Bottas. He is in another league to them, and Max only beats him because RB is the most dominant car in history. When seeing that one of the best ever (Bottas) can’t win next to someone... To me it is clear I watch the fastest, the fairest, the cleanest driver ever. And all that, he is doing with everything and everyone against him.

To much? :roflmao:

P.S. For those who don’t know unnamed driver at the end, it is Grosjean of course. ;)

F1 did a big machine learning numbercrunch on all drivers qualiy times.
They came up with a list.

The Top 20 revealed
RankingDriverTime Delta
1Ayrton Senna0.000s
2Michael Schumacher0.114s
3Lewis Hamilton0.275s
4Max Verstappen0.280s
5Fernando Alonso0.309s
6Nico Rosberg0.374s
7Charles Leclerc0.376s
8Heikki Kovalainen0.378s
9Jarno Trulli0.409s
10Sebastian Vettel0.435s
11Rubens Barrichello0.445s
12Nico Hulkenberg0.456s
13Valtteri Bottas0.457s
14Carlos Sainz0.457s
15Lando Norris0.459s
16Daniel Ricciardo0.461s
17Jenson Button0.462s
18Robert Kubica0.463s
19Giancarlo Fisichella0.469s
20Alain Prost0.514s

Senna is still the greatest ever, still a pretty nice score for the "mediocre" 22 year old driver Verstappen.
Still a big gap from Lewis and Max to Schumacher.

With still a decade of a career in front of him he might close that gap.
Don't see Hamiton getting any better or faster that he already is (and he's stellar).

Numbers don't lie. ;)

Last edited:
It's not nonsense, it's probably the best method currently for comparing qualifying results between drivers of different era and different cars.

This has nothing to do with politics

Level the field....same cars, same engines, same parts... simple as that....
If Anything that will encourage cheating. Nascar has a lot of cheating because it has 3 manufacturers but rules make it so the airo is almost the same. If one Manufacturer had a edge rivals will protest for a adjustment in airo. Then be back up front.
Personally i have watched one make racing and i find it dull. Part of F1 DNA is the competition on different levels. Drivers, Teams, Power Unit builders, And sponsors.