Alright when was that again.....?

I don't watch sky, if F1 moves to Sky completely I won't be watching F1. I'm still watching it on channel4, I can't watch it live but it's my only option.

Channel 4 have good commentators I think. Mark Webber, David Coulthard and billy Monger. Mark gives that impression that he could say anything and doesn't hold back much. David is pretty professional, he admits his bias when it comes to British drivers but seems very fair to all drivers.

He's basically the kid from the first John Wick movie. Of course, nobody wants him in the sport. But there are 7.1 billion reasons why he will be on the grid next year.

It's becoming even more obvious that #WeRaceAsOne is just meaningless virtue-signaling.

But here's the question - will this stop anyone from watching F1? If not, then it doesn't really matter.

He appears to be a real creep who's daddy has sorted everything out for darling son every time he funks up. I feel sorry for the Haas team who need the money he brings with him .
i totally agree. He's the epitome of an i'll-bred, young, wealthy russian boy (not man) with absolutely zero respect or good(normal) behaviour towards other people. I've seen the same types in 20 years of online racing many, many times. And on holidays and as tourists here.
Christ almighty Haas, you really have gone to new lows.

Last edited:
James Hunt wasn't an ex-driver? Are you seriously suggesting they should arm the commentary box with media people who have no understanding about racing? I have listened to enough broadcasts over my time watching F1 that haven't included (ex) drivers to tell that it doesn't work. Brundle is arguably the best English commentator of all time along with Murray Walker. 20 years ago there was no contest, Brundle was by far the most knowledgeable guy. Has he aged since then? Obviously, but he still easily beats an average media guy who knows nothing about racing. The only weakness I see with Brundle is that he is not as updated on all the technicalities of driving the current high-tech cars as someone like Nico Rosberg.
I think Brundle is a treasure. Of course, he makes some mistakes. It's really interesting to watch some of the races he did with Murray Walker near the end of Murray's career when he was genuinely terrible. And now Brundle has to cover for Croft not knowing which car is which.

My favorite thing with Brundle is to hear him when he's at one of the marshall posts during FP3. It's clear that he still gets a kick out of just seeing F1 cars zoom past him. I remember him reporting from the tunnel in Monaco and he was just beside himself with joy. His depth of knowledge and his joy in the sport really make him entertaining. Plus, I appreciate his dry humor. The line about 'wearing an F1 car" was excellent.

You really need a driver in the box to give perspective. I appreciate the banter among all the former drivers during the practice sessions as well.

Will you stop watching F1 if they don't get rid of him?
Of course not, but thats not the point. I watch F1 for the cars mainly, drivers come second. But I do have a naive expectance to see the best drivers instead of kids with wealthy fathers. Its always been a problem but its worse than ever atm.

Last edited:
Of course not, but thats not the point. I watch F1 for the cars mainly, drivers come second. But I do have a naive expectance to see the best drivers instead of kids with wealthy fathers. Its always been a problem but its worse than ever atm.
I'm too lazy to look it up to see if it's any worse now, but I do know that paid drivers have always been and will always be a problem. Of course, Callum Illott deserves the seat more than Mazepin. Jack Aitken would probably outperform Lattifi if given a chance too. Stroll is improving, but it's absurd that he's staying and Perez is leaving.

My prediction is that F1 will lose very few fans or viewers over this. But now there will be a villain, which is good for any sport. There's already a sizeable "Anyone but Lewis" contingent just because folks are tired of him winning all the time. Now, most folks will hope to see Mazepin qualify 20th and finish 20th in every race.

I would love to see Haas sack Mazepin over this. I'd love to see F1 take a stand over it. But whether they do or not, as long as everyone keeps watching it won't really matter. He's there because of money and he'll stay because of money.

Everything you said i agree with/is true. Which is just sad.

Now, most folks will hope to see Mazepin qualify 20th and finish 20th in every race.
Judging from the developing standstill at Haas, this could very well become reality. If Latifi start going fast that is, which is unlikely. But we can always pray.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

Because there's a "golden boy" agenda?

Name me one other top driver who had the opportunities Lewis had? He's manufactured IMO. What was Schumachers first drive in F1, Vettels, Alonsos, Sennas...etc etc.

edit, and before I get the "because he impressed so much in karting, GP2", so all the others I mentioned had awful records in karting etc?

Nah it's okay. 7 times champ is a 7 times champ regardless, he doesn't need me to defend him.

• Deleted member 379375

Because there's a "golden boy" agenda?

Name me one other top driver who had the opportunities Lewis had? He's manufactured IMO. What was Schumachers first drive in F1, Vettels, Alonsos, Sennas...etc etc.

edit, and before I get the "because he impressed so much in karting, GP2", so all the others I mentioned had awful records in karting etc?

If you're saying he managed his career well I can agree with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Masepin once more demonstrated who he is...
Money can buy a lot, even a presidency or an F1 cockpit.
Class, decency and style can only grow with the years, and can not be bought.
Unfortunately money is all this Russian boy has.

Acting like a pig on and off track :(

Last edited:
Frank, not biased... I didn't hear what biased comment OP was talking about. I watched and listened to replays and during live broadcast. Nothing I can recall he said about the incident with Leclerc.

But I remember when Sergio Perez passed Albon, Brundle said, "I want your place now, and I want your car next year", pretending to be Sergio... Crofty then went quiet for a few seconds... awkward... LOL

And Mazepin once more demonstrated who he is...
Money can buy a lot, even a presidency or an F1 cockpit.
Class, decency and style can only grow with the years, and can not be bought.
Unfortunately money is all this Russian boy has.

Acting like a pig on and off track :(

Last edited:
Unless they, whoever that is never heard of them, are breaking laws, couldn't care less what they do off the track.
They will be sacked anyway, don't worry about it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back