Alright when was that again.....?

I'm loving how the ham lovers are trying so hard to show how the merc car isn't all that good but it's ham that makes it good, even though if you swapped Russel name to Lewis on TV nobody would have noticed any difference lmao.

Bottas dropping lots of places at the end was pretty funny as well, so ****ing bad.

if you swapped Russel name to Lewis on TV nobody would have noticed any difference lmao.
Have to say this was something I was thinking too, seeing the overtakes, how fast he was and all that, If I didn't know it was Russell, I would say, yep, another typical good drive from Hamilton,

so maybe Russell is also GOAT :) , but jokes aside, yes, one race doesn't make a champion, it's lot of other factors

but you can't deny that Mercedes is a really fast car that's hard to compete with, and that Botas doesn't' do it justice

yes, he had issues with tires do to the interesiting pitstop, but even before that he was nowhere near what Russell's pace was - just like he is when Hamiton drives

Last edited:
Have to say this was something I was thinking too, seeing the overtakes, how fast he was and all that, If I didn't know it was Russell, I would say, yep, another typical good drive from Hamilton,

so maybe Russell is also GOAT :) , but jokes aside, yes, one race doesn't make a champion, it's lot of other factors

but you can't deny that Mercedes is a really fast car that's hard to compete with, and that Botas doesn't' do it justice

yes, he had issues with tires do to the interesiting pitstop, but even before that he was nowhere near what Russell's pace was - just like he is when Hamiton drives
Hope that some can see now, that Max eats dust to keep up with the Merc rockets.

I only watched the highlights so didn't hear his comments. In general I like 90% of his commentary and it has been very helpful over the years. I don't notice too much bias except to Lewis which perhaps he would admit himself being British and having spent time racing classic cars with him.

On that incident, I see it as a racing incident where Perez perhaps could have avoided cutting over too much, and where perhaps Leclerc could have avoided the line of Perez too.

However, it all happens really fast, three cars there were never going to work, they all have to consider what is behind them. If Leclerc stops too much he could risk losing multiple places and cars behind him packing up and crashing.

It is not a great position to be in. I do what Perez does a lot, for example at Melbourne T1 and T2, which is a similar sequence at the start of a race, but I do try to avoid it as much as possible because I know cars will try down the inside and the outside, but the inside is always more problematic and so perhaps Brundle is saying an experienced front runner ought to see this coming and have a different line into the second corner.

F1 today? Big Fake?

Before you read more, please notice that Hamilton was in such bad shape after his positive test that he wasn't able to update his Twitter since 1st Dec, zero pictures, nothing...

Toto said this 7 days ago: Test was positive.

Toto said this 3 days ago: he has mid symptoms
"He has symptoms"- Toto Wolff reveals Lewis Hamilton's recovery from COVID-19 | The SportsRush

Toto said this yesterday: Hamilton is ready to win Abu Dhabi after horror Covid-19

It seems that Toto knows that his completely healthy competitors are far away from Hamilton's brilliant talent, after Horror Covid-19 virus he's still easily race winner in few days.

This Toto is so fake person, so fake!!! I don't believe anything he says.

If Hamilton easily win next race so then his Covid-19 positive test was just a big lie!

Last edited:
Me and other Max fans don’t dislike Hamilton atall, he is nice guy and is decent person, with interest in all what’s going on in this world. We want to see that Max gets a car equal to the Mercs, so the battle is more fair. No hard feelings to other fanboys (they gave me that title) :thumbsup:

At least, on one point we agree... I also hate to see long dominance but this is not the fault of any prime driver, more the fact that one team has more money and masters new regulation quicker than other and other teams just cannot catch up... Comparing WC drivers is useless, too many parameters to take into account. They were all as great as to make the best of their materials at the time and on a regular basis. We need a budget cap for everybody to compete on a more fair and equal terms...

Got to stress I neither blame Lewis for the dominance nor think he's a crap driver, he's done what every top driver/rider does and thats try and get to the best team. Budget cap is defo needed, everyone moans about Ferrari spending so much, but Mercs budget is greater, yet I see less moans about that! F1 also needs to get away from Aero grip reliance (my favourite drum to bang!), That would go a long way tp reducing costs as well as wind tunnels for aero developments are not cheap!

The thing with Bottas is that I feel he's the type that is blisteringly quick In some conditions/circumstances so can set pole times, but not so good in others....and he's not so good in traffic, although I confess as I havn't watched much if any F1 since 2016 I'm basing that on things I've read rather than seen. There's been many fast drivers/riders who for some reason or another (fuel loads?) don't race as well as their pace. Then there's some who race better than they qualify. I'm wondering if it's how they prioritise their setups and if it's as simple as some hunt the setup for the fastest time, which will be crap in a race....and others concentrate on a good race setup which is crap for pole?

I think it has more to do with adaptability and driving style than setup. Qualifying with modern F1 cars is relatively simple, you get maximum traction from the fresh tires, you can see all your team-mate's data and copy the setup. In the race it becomes a bit more tricky as you have more variables at play. For example to maximize tire life, you may have to be quick at certain corners while saving tires at others, try going for unorthodox driving lines to reduce wear compared to qualifying lap lines, etc. And then think about the strategic options and your position relative to other cars with regards to that. All these are things you cannot copy as easily from telemetry, which in my analysis is why Bottas tends to look worse in races.

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with adaptability and driving style than setup. Qualifying with modern F1 cars is relatively simple, you get maximum traction from the fresh tires, you can see all your team-mate's data and copy the setup. In the race it becomes a bit more tricky as you have more variables at play. For example to maximize tire life, you may have to be quick at certain corners while saving tires at others, try going for unorthodox driving lines to reduce wear compared to qualifying lap lines, etc. And then think about the strategic options and your position relative to other cars with regards to that. All these are things you cannot copy as easily from telemetry, which in my analysis is why Bottas tends to look worse in races.

Adaptability is crucial indeed, that's "race craft", not every quick driver/rider has it.....almost all chamipons do. Sadly for Bottas he will always be remembered as a "Coulthard".

yes of c

yes of course, like Q in James Bond, they have a puncture button ready on the car... :p
No. But they made him stop 3 unnecessary times, in a race where the pit stop lasts more than half a lap. Then he was stopped for 2 whole laps, including the correct stop. And he still comes in tenth. What a car! Even a novice works miracles on him! Hamilton is ten times smaller after this race.

The Problem i find with the commentaors at SKY TV is they are ex drivers. They seem somewhat robotic and lack character and carizma. They are not media people. I think SKY TV management want a PC comentary. You dont want somone like James Hunt who speaks their mind becuse you cant tame him. Take Michale Schumacher he was team mates with Damon Hill and Martin Brundle so they will trash him in a PC way. Basicaly he out drove them and beat them. But it is hard to blame the driver with a big fan base. The hardest job must be Mr Massi in the booth issuing penalties to drivers. I am shore there are drivers that get penalties on a routine basis. The end of the day it's all politics and the team you team you dont want to upset is Ferrari, they have a got a good team of lawyers.

Last edited:
I agree with Kindly, most of Brundle's comments are great. So when he does say something "wrong" it is super easy to notice it and it looks like it is worse than it actually is.
As for incident, 101% on Leclerc. If that was turn 4 he was braking on his mark for turn 5. :roflmao: I mean even Max used his head and backed off from Singapore2017 with Perez and Bottas there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%