RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

2020 Formula One Sakhir Grand Prix | Driver of the Day: Vote Now

Because there's a "golden boy" agenda?

Name me one other top driver who had the opportunities Lewis had? He's manufactured IMO. What was Schumachers first drive in F1, Vettels, Alonsos, Sennas...etc etc.

edit, and before I get the "because he impressed so much in karting, GP2", so all the others I mentioned had awful records in karting etc?

Nah it's okay. 7 times champ is a 7 times champ regardless, he doesn't need me to defend him.

Name me one other top driver who had the opportunities Lewis had? He's manufactured IMO. What was Schumachers first drive in F1, Vettels, Alonsos, Sennas...etc etc.

edit, and before I get the "because he impressed so much in karting, GP2", so all the others I mentioned had awful records in karting etc?

If you're saying he managed his career well I can agree with that.

Last edited:

zwiss

Premium
And Masepin once more demonstrated who he is...
Money can buy a lot, even a presidency or an F1 cockpit.
Class, decency and style can only grow with the years, and can not be bought.
Unfortunately money is all this Russian boy has.

Acting like a pig on and off track :(

Last edited:
If your saying he managed his career well I can agree with that.

I'm saying he was very fortunate with his path into F1 for some reason, straight into one of the strongest cars and teams, although he couldn't halt their demise....strange considering many think he single handedly made Mercedes in to winners.

It's almost as it they need telemetry or something then they could tell who really were the best drivers.
But then they would need qualified data scientists, engineers and designers to analyse it all.

He's manufactured IMO.

Or you say that for all W champions or you don't say it at all...
Lewis had lots of races where he proved beyond doubt he was one of the greatest.... the car is not all the requirement to be WC...

Last edited:
These crap drivers he was teamed with and beat.
World champ Alonso
World Champ Button
World Champ Rosberg

All of whom also beat him in races and 2 of them in seasons. Hamilton isn't as head and shoulders above everyone as many of his fanboys make out.

I don't know why I can't make that point AND think Lewis is a top driver, without people thinking I think he's shite?

Last edited:
Or you say that for all W champions or you don't say it at all...
Lewis had lots of races where he proved beyond doubt he was one of the greatest.... the car is not all the requirement to be WC...

Point 1...Nonsense, what other driver had a seat in one of the best cars from day 1?

Point 2....where is Lewis' Donington '93 or Spain '94?

point 3...agreed, 90% car 10% driver. I'd say the same about the others.

Personlly I rate Moss as the GOAT and he's got ZERO WDCs.

edit I was harsh on point 2, I have no idea if any of Lewis' wins in the McLaren from 2009,10,11,12 were comparable to Doni '93, I'm certain he's never had a mechanical as bad as Schumey's in '94 and got a podium though.

Last edited:
... said the guy with a stupid nickname and no avatar. explain yourself then... what did I not understand? I am French after all, English is not my original tongue.
Dude, c'mon. Of course Bottas was not champion, because he had a better teammate. But that's not the point, the point is, if there was only 1 merc driver, that driver would be world champion, thus anyone driving a merc would be world champion.

Bottas is an absolute joke, of course he was not champion with Hamilton as teammate.

Point 1...Nonsense, what other driver had a seat in one of the best cars from day 1?

Point 2....where is Lewis' Donington '93 or Spain '94?

point 3...agreed, 90% car 10% driver. I'd say the same about the others.

Personlly I rate Moss as the GOAT and he's got ZERO WDCs.

edit I was harsh on point 2, I have no idea if any of Lewis' wins in the McLaren from 2009,10,11,12 were comparable to Doni '93, I'm certain he's never had a mechanical as bad as Schumey's in '94 and got a podium though.

The problem is they would retire the car nowadays to save the engine/gearbox. Another element of racing lost to current rules

Well my solution to this "you can't win in the wrong car" complaint is .
Change the structure of F!.
Separate drivers from teams
Drivers independent of teams and paid on race results and final championship standing..
Teams paid on race results and final championship standing.
Every driver drives every car throughout the season

Never going to happen but would be great to see all drivers in all cars.