Alright when was that again.....?

Sorry but #84
I read that, what is wrong with that??? If rules don't change in 2014, Merc is not dominant car for 8 years and Hamilton can't win 7 titles with it. That doesn't take away success that he did with car he had. It just says what we all know: he wouldn't win 7 titles in last 8 years in a Ferrari, Schumacher wouldn't win 5 titles in 2000-2004 in Williams, Vettel wouldn't win 4 titles in 2010-2013 in Ferrari... Does that make them worse? No, unless between lines you want to read that. I choose not read that so I guess that's why I don't see it. ;)

Yes, but how long ago did it happen? You somehow are on a crusade for Hamilton, and I don't know why. I think that Hamilton does not have real competition in the races since 2014 or so. That might have started earlier. It would be much nicer for him, if there was more challenge versus other cars. Like Russel showed yesterday, any great driver will be P1 in that car. Means everybody knows Hamilton has another WDC, long time before the season ends. It's just dull.
I don't need to crusade for Hamilton because his performances speak for themselves. What you don't seem to understand is that he doesn't need anyone like me to crusade for him because he's done what he wanted. He's achieved what those in F1 thought would be impossible for any driver, so he doesn't need me. Being on here is like sparring in the gym - it's fun to debate everything that is thrown around. Unfortunately mostly what gets thrown around on here is sacks of ****.

No one who is a Hamilton fan is stupid. We know that folk like yourself are out there trying desperately to diminish what the man has done for whatever personal reasons. it seems to me that people like you have an itch in a place that you just can't seem to scratch, so your impulse is to diminish what he has done in order to soothe the itch.

I actually am having fun with people like you because you provide me with such entertainment, so in fact I should be thanking you because you guys make me laugh. You see, Lewis Hamilton more than any other driver who has ever existed is disliked by people for a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with his on-track accomplishments, so they to are on this unrelenting mission to topple the man, and yes I know that many drivers are critiqued, discussed, and measured against others and so on, and so forth because that's what fans, writers, and commentators do. but the whole it's the car thing is truly hilarious because all drivers who have won championships whether just once or multiple times were using at the time the best car, with the best team, and some under favorable conditions that suited them personally - ahem Schumacher.

Lewis did not ask to come to Mercedes, he didn't pursue a talk with Wolff, they came to him. Not only that but they sent an F1 legend to persuade his decision to come to the team by telling him what they would they had to offer. People like yourself should worry less about the actual car because every championship winning driver has driven great cars. The question that you should be asking is why out of all the available drivers in 2012-13, they chose to send Niki Lauda to knock on Hamilton's door.

Why should Mercedes care if Bottas or Russel is in their second seat, as long as Bottas is doing his job, and they have won every championship since he's been there. Why don't people like yourself help yourselves in your mission by writing letters to the Formula One or the FIA to force Mercedes hand to change the second seat so that the driver that you so desperately want there, is there.

Last edited:
well I'm actually getting tired of it
it is very tiring to hear the same cassette tape over and over again.

Lewis is such a great obsession for you who can never do anything wrong for you
Why does who I prefer as a driver bother you so much. I am black, so if you need to know that's the number one reason that I like Lewis more, but I also only like Senna as well. Second is because damn he's a great driver, and I can appreciate what he has done in every race car that he has driven. You mentioned that I feel that he can do no wrong, but no one is perfect but every teammate that he has driven against proclaims that he is a very clean driver, plus more than anyone else that guy is an ambassador for the sport. He is considered a global icon for a good reason.

Why does who I prefer as a driver bother you so much. I am black, so if you need to know that's the number one reason that I like Lewis more, but I also only like Senna as well. Second is because damn he's a great driver, and I can appreciate what he has done in every race car that he has driven. You mentioned that I feel that he can do no wrong, but no one is perfect but every teammate that he has driven against proclaims that he is a very clean driver, plus more than anyone else that guy is an ambassador for the sport. He is considered a global icon for a good reason.

But honestly, would you still be a Lewis fan if he hadn't win in the past?

• Deleted member 379375

I read that, what is wrong with that??? If rules don't change in 2014, Merc is not dominant car for 8 years and Hamilton can't win 7 titles with it. That doesn't take away success that he did with car he had. It just says what we all know: he wouldn't win 7 titles in last 8 years in a Ferrari, Schumacher wouldn't win 5 titles in 2000-2004 in Williams, Vettel wouldn't win 4 titles in 2010-2013 in Ferrari... Does that make them worse? No, unless between lines you want to read that. I choose not read that so I guess that's why I don't see it. ;)
Great, all good then

Wow
If you can't acknowledge the obvious then good luck , liking someone has nothing to do with it, As I said neither's record needs defending.

I'll be kind and assume that last line is a joke.

Also i'm not getting into a spat so I won't be replying to you on this topic again.

Oh and my QAnon reference was regarding conspiracy theories, nothing else , hence I said "My Theory" in my reply.

fair enough, had no clue who Qanon were so googled it and "right wing" plus a shed load of nonsense came up!

Of course it was a joke hence "irony", but compared to others routes into F1 the word as defined by the dictionary is also correct.

1. He's achieved what those in F1 thought would be impossible for any driver
  2. Diminish what the man has done for whatever personal reasons
  3. Multiple times were using at the time the best car
  4. Why should Mercedes care if Bottas or Russel is in their second seat, as long as Bottas is doing his job, and they have won every championship since he's been there
  5. Writing letters to the Formula One or the FIA to force Mercedes hand to change the second seat so that the driver that you so desperately want there.

Just to clarify:
  1. Yes, it is, but there is no change to do so, since they don't drive the Mercedes.
  2. Not personal, and not the man, but the Mercedes that makes F1 races a bit dull. Therefore FIA should deal with it, so we could see actual races, and not the train parade. I honestly have lots of respect for Hamilton and his driving. First I didn't like him a lot, because he drove a bit dirty vs. Rosberg and didn't get penalties for that. But I started to respect him more, and understand he is one of the best.
  3. Yes, but this domination is going on for a while, and new regulations favouring Mercedes. Next year will be the same. Another dull season? I find it dull, if there is not a real competition. But others might just like to watch F1 cars driving around the track, as they could watch trains for fun.
  4. + 5. Yes, I don't really care about it, but it might spice up the races a bit.
PS. lots of events are micro managed these days. The team is literally monitoring every aspect. There is little room for surprises. Also tyre warmers making pit stops really boring overall. This also is a aspect to keep in mind. The micro management, soft sound of the engines, batteries, tyre warmers, .... Mercedes. ;)

Last edited:
Schumacher cheated way more. 1994 and 1997 finales were a disgrace and Monaco 2006 on top of that. Schumacher even had his own private test track at their backyard at Fiorano where they could do hundreds of laps every day, that alone is a privilege that none has today.

That is all true, but there was a LOT of dirty drivers in F1, Senna was prone to it as well. Considering how unsafe F1 was it's mind boggling people had that sort of win at all costs mentality!

Not Schumachers private track, it was Ferrari's. But the lack of modern testing is a massive factor in Mercs continued dominance IMO. With Unlimited testing I think others would have caught up, then again Merc could have kept ahead...ah it's all moot.

all good points. :)

To deny Lewis his amazing achievement is just disgraceful... A great driver is not only the one who drive quick, it is also the one who manage and perfect all the other areas (car settings, relationship with his mechanics, strategy, etc..) with regularity. Everybody raves about George... but it was only one race where the guy has to prove big about his talent... nothing tells that as a new merc driver, he would master the overall picture as Lewis is doing for the last 7 years... Sure, Merc is the top team but it was exactly the same during the McLaren, Williams or the Ferrari's monopoly... the proof is that when you put Schumi in a lesser car after his sabatic years, he was not as successful as when he drove for the Ferrari's pinnacle years... but you still make difference... which shows your evident bias.

I have no bias at all, other than I don't like teams dominating for a long time. The Merc dominance is the longest in F1 modern era (possible all time but I'm no expert on the early years), 2 years LONGER than Ferrari's, THREE more than Red Bulls, and Williams and Mclaren didn't dominate for more than a couple of years at a time. SEVEN years Mercedes has dominated. Ferrari had 2 1-2 WDC finshes in 5 years, Red Bull had NONE, Mercedes has FIVE in seven years. Lewis fans always say the "stats don't lie", well they don't 5 1-2 finishes = it's the car.

I think your bias is showing a lot though.

Pat, one day they should organize a qualification session with all the drivers laping with the championship top and worst car and see how they really stand between each other... ;-) A kind of Super Top Gear challenge! or a mandatory "race of champions" for all the F1 drivers on 1/2 real track. I am pretty sure there would be stunning surprises...

Yup it would prove Lewis is not as good as his fans think. ;)

Look, I'm not saying Lewis is crap...he's an amazing talent, that goes without question. All I do is question the level of praise heaped on him when the car IS a massive factor in his success.

edit LOL, missed the not, fruedian slip?....nah! ;)

Last edited:
I have no bias at all, other than I don't like teams dominating for a long time. The Merc dominance is the longest in F1 modern era (possible all time but I'm no expert on the early years), 2 years LONGER than Ferrari's, THREE more than Red Bulls, and Williams and Mclaren didn't dominate for more than a couple of years at a time. SEVEN years Mercedes has dominated. Ferrari had 2 1-2 WDC finshes in 5 years, Red Bull had NONE, Mercedes has FIVE in seven years. Lewis fans always say the "stats don't lie", well they don't 5 1-2 finishes = it's the car.

I think your bias is showing a lot though.
At least, on one point we agree... I also hate to see long dominance but this is not the fault of any prime driver, more the fact that one team has more money and masters new regulation quicker than other and other teams just cannot catch up... Comparing WC drivers is useless, too many parameters to take into account. They were all as great as to make the best of their materials at the time and on a regular basis. We need a budget cap for everybody to compete on a more fair and equal terms...

Last edited:
Pat, one day they should organize a qualification session with all the drivers laping with the championship top and worst car and see how they really stand between each other... ;-) A kind of Super Top Gear challenge! or a mandatory "race of champions" for all the F1 drivers on 1/2 real track. I am pretty sure there would be stunning surprises...
absolutely ! would love more of those events and as you say, I think there would be some very interesting surprises

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%