Alright when was that again.....?

I think that the best part of the race was when George said "The tires are fine" right after the AWS graphic telling us that they were down to minimum performance. I loved that for 2 reasons:
  1. I like stats and AI as much as the next guy, but that particular graphic seems to be pretty meaningless compared to what we see on track.
  2. Apparently, George didn't get the memo that the driver of that car is supposed to get on the radio and breathlessly say, "Guys...<whoosh>...I don't know how much longer these tires can go. The rears are completely shot." And only after doing that is he supposed to put in 3 consecutive fastest laps.

Schumachers is better IMO, no rule changes giving Ferrari a massive advantage over everyone else suddenly, It took FOUR years for Brawn, Todt and Schumacher (and MANY others) to turn Ferrari around...yet it took the boy genius 1 year to make Mercedes invincible....yeah right.

Schumacher did it when F1 was more dangerous and less reliable. He broke a leg racing (what has Hamilton broke? A nail?) and came second in a race where he was stuck in 5th gear.

Schumacher also had to break into F1 the **** car route and not the entitled route of immediately into one of the best cars on the grid.

The irony is Hamilton has had the most privileged journey into F1 possible.
Don't forget also having a role as father during Ferrari years, so not even 100000000% focused on F1 as Lewis is now. Just looking what happened with Seb's and Kimi's focus, due to growing family, elevated Schumi's achievements even more for me. :thumbsup:

Yes, but how long ago did it happen? You somehow are on a crusade for Hamilton, and I don't know why. I think that Hamilton does not have real competition in the races since 2014 or so. That might have started earlier. It would be much nicer for him, if there was more challenge versus other cars. Like Russel showed yesterday, any great driver will be P1 in that car. Means everybody knows Hamilton has another WDC, long time before the season ends. It's just dull.

I would love to see Russel on a more technical track than the one we had. Any great driver will be front row with this years Mercedes on an, almost, oval track.

Also, i feel like i have to clarify some things from my end in this thread.

I would love for F1 to become more competitive again. But that is not Hamiltons fault. It's mainly Ferrari and Red Bulls fault for not giving their drivers a car that can compete. Don't forget that when Ferrari was competing on even ground with Mercedes 2018, they completely threw their chances out the window. Hamilton outclassed Vettel on the track and Mercedes was the better team. And yes, hopefully Hamilton will have a better partner than Bottas in 2022 since Bottas lacks pace on sundays.

However. People in this thread are pretty much claiming Hamiltons 7 WDC has no value and that any driver would have done it. That is simply not true and this is what triggers me and what i am arguing against.

Give Bottas car to a good driver on the grid and he will take poles and win races. I just don't see anyone beating Hamilton over a full season. Just imagine that this was the Singapore GP. I don't think Russel would have even been close to performing the way he did. But i guess we will never know until Russel and Hamilton drives for Mercedes. :)

• Deleted member 379375

Schumachers is better IMO, no rule changes giving Ferrari a massive advantage over everyone else suddenly, It took FOUR years for Brawn, Todt and Schumacher (and MANY others) to turn Ferrari around...yet it took the boy genius 1 year to make Mercedes invincible....yeah right.

Schumacher did it when F1 was more dangerous and less reliable. He broke a leg racing (what has Hamilton broke? A nail?) and came second in a race where he was stuck in 5th gear.

Schumacher also had to break into F1 the **** car route and not the entitled route of immediately into one of the best cars on the grid.

Wow
If you can't acknowledge the obvious then good luck , liking someone has nothing to do with it, As I said neither's record needs defending.

I'll be kind and assume that last line is a joke.

Also i'm not getting into a spat so I won't be replying to you on this topic again.

Oh and my QAnon reference was regarding conspiracy theories, nothing else , hence I said "My Theory" in my reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
mercedes screwed him on purpose, but people see everything
View attachment 424944
Come on... I won't believe it one second... George is Toto's protegee and he has high hope about George. Merc just screwed up because everything wasn't as usual (Lewis out)... Merc seems to be a team who doesn't go well if something turns wrong or different... a well oiled machinery if all is already perfect... but you put some salt and suddenly everything goes wrong... we already saw it by the past.

Schumacher cheated way more. 1994 and 1997 finales were a disgrace and Monaco 2006 on top of that. Schumacher even had his own private test track at their backyard at Fiorano where they could do hundreds of laps every day, that alone is a privilege that none has today.

Schumacher cheated way more. 1994 and 1997 finales were a disgrace and Monaco 2006 on top of that. Schumacher even had his own private test track at their backyard at Fiorano where they could do hundreds of laps every day, that alone is a privilege that none has today.

Times are changing no test at all, Schumacher had stronger team mates this and that... the fact is what he trying to say that the Rules to long as a charme is for Lewis and Merc

Merc and Lewis needs some new challenge after these 7 years of total monopoly... George should replace Bottas in an ideal world to push Lewis even more and be sure that Merc will still rule them all... Bottas is disappointing: a good subservient lad like all the old Ferrari's wingmen... bland and boring. best seasons are the ones where the top teams have 2 great pilots... not only one.

It seems that I'm bigger Russell fan boy as you might think, this is my kettle, I think this
Russell Hobbs.jpg
is the next big hit!!!

To deny Lewis his amazing achievement is just disgraceful... A great driver is not only the one who drive quick, it is also the one who manage and perfect all the other areas (car settings, relationship with his mechanics, strategy, etc..) with regularity. Everybody raves about George... but it was only one race where the guy has to prove big about his talent... nothing tells that as a new merc driver, he would master the overall picture as Lewis is doing for the last 7 years... Sure, Merc is the top team but it was exactly the same during the McLaren, Williams or the Ferrari's monopoly... the proof is that when you put Schumi in a lesser car after his sabatic years, he was not as successful as when he drove for the Ferrari's pinnacle years... but you still make difference... which shows your evident bias.

Last edited:
I don't see where @Damage Inc denied any success from Lewis. He only said that between Schumacher and Hamilton, former had a bit harder path to achieving results he did. What if Schumacher came to F1 in 1992 Williams/Top team and stayed with them for 6 years before moving to Ferrari in 1998 (with promise from Todt that they have already prepared car for new regs in 1999). Then going from 1999 to 2006 with Barrichello easily getting 2nd in championship against Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Montoya, Alonso, Button... Except Raikkonen and Alonso beating him in 2003/2004 because of super Michelin tyres (which are then "proved" to be against the rules). :roflmao:
I don't want to count titles there, question is does that take away something from Hamilton's success??? Not in my eyes, he is there where his skill brought him and he deserves it. Difference is that he was there for me since McLaren days. I didn't need to see him in super dominant car and only then be able to say he is great. He was great in McLaren and nothing changed. Same as Schumacher proved he is great in 20th century Ferrari's and not in 21st century Ferrari's (by then it was already known)... They had different paths and they came to same goal, well done to both. :thumbsup:
I would really like that it would be possible to have 9 cars on same level and each suited to Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Russel, Leclerc, Norris, Sainz, Ricciardo, Perez. In that case it would be even worse since only difference between these would be how fast are guys changing tyres and who benefits from Lec/Ric double divebomb VSC... :roflmao:

Back on topic: Russell only because he drove that car "in anger" for first time. Perez close second as he passed slower cars (+Albon) and kept tyres to overcut similar pace cars later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back