Alright when was that again.....?

This, thank you.
I find it so ridiculous to think Bottas isn't one of the top drivers, just because of his performance today. Yes, Russell won the start and had an amazing overtake vs. Bottas, but come on people, everyone wins some and looses some. Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher, Häkkinen, Senna and other top drivers got outplayed from time to time. Not a single driver is above that. And man, Bottas suffered from the pitstop disaster at least as much as Russell did, if not more. He had no fresh tires, what do people expect?

And like other names in the F1 themselves have said, Lewis is one of the best drivers of all time. His success isn't just the product of his car and those who think it is are really a bunch of clowns, sorry to be so harsh. No one becomes a 7-time world champion just because of the car they're sitting in. Or else Webber, Barrichello or Rosberg would have been recent multi world champions too.
Bolded part, bottas is in Merc car, with tyres 2 laps younger than Perez's (who is in slower car). What people would expect is that he does same as Perez just a bit faster (due to car). What people actually expect from him is to do JUST same as Perez. What people don't expect from him is to lose pace in fastest car on same age tyres to slower cars.
And for me it is not about his performance today, it is just one in long line of (under)performance. I thought before it was underperforming but this is just his top form. He can beat Lewis when Lewis has bad day or his car has issue, same as it could happen to Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher as you say. That doesn't take anything away from Hamilton in my view. It just for me puts bottas firmly in last place of #2 list: behind Barrichello, Weber, Fisichella...

the theory that Max Verstappen said a few months ago ... that 90% can win in the car is just true. and yesterday we saw it ourselves. So what more is needed like that proof? nothing to the detriment of Lewis ... he's just a strong rider! but we now know for sure what we were already thinking. the rules should have been changed much earlier. next year the 8th wdc and only then ........... will the new rules take effect.

and yes ... the best rider of all time is still a joke. almost an insult to Fangio .. Senna .. Prost .. Schumacher who did not have a dominant car for so long

Last edited:
stats don't lie...well neither does five 1-2 WDCs in 7 years.

Also anyone else noticed that apart from Button the only drivers who have come in to a team where lewis was established 1st have been relatively poor in comparison and not pushed him as hard as other drivers? Kovaleinen and Bottas? I wonder if Lewis has a major say in who his teammate is?

well I'm actually getting tired of it
it is very tiring to hear the same cassette tape over and over again.

Lewis is such a great obsession for you who can never do anything wrong for you

I agree with you 100%, but take that word in bold, change it to your favourite driver and read it all through again ;)

You are not alone in your opinons, but try and understand how you appear to other members of the forum.

I agree with you 100%, but take that word in bold, change it to your favourite driver and read it all through again ;)

You are not alone in your opinons, but try and understand how you appear to other members of the forum.

Smart! Appear to other members on the forum... you mean Lewis fans.

Now I think a lot of people what I hear here on the forum are complete finish with the domination of Merc and Lewis Hamilton. After 7 years we want to see a real show

Last edited:
No, not Hamilton fans - I mean fans of F1.

I am not a Hamilton fan, but I do get really tired of your hypocrisy - you and a few other fans of verstappen. You do exactly what you accuse Hamilton fans of.

It's tiring to read the same comments from you, week after week; how verstappen can do no wrong, how he would win everything if he was in a Mercedes (even though that's why you hate Hamilton so much), when he spins it is not due to lack of skill but because he has to try so hard in that terrible, race-winning, pole-winning Red Bull...

I get that you feel like you finally have something Dutch to be proud of, but please, just give it a rest with the incessant adoration of your golden boy :rolleyes:

I am not a Hamilton fan, but I do get really tired of your hypocrisy - you and a few other fans of verstappen. You do exactly what you accuse Hamilton fans of.

It's tiring to read the same comments from you, week after week; how verstappen can do no wrong, how he would win everything if he was in a Mercedes (even though that's why you hate Hamilton so much), when he spins it is not due to lack of skill but because he has to try so hard in that terrible, race-winning, pole-winning Red Bull...

I get that you feel like you finally have something Dutch to be proud of, but please, just give it a rest with the incessant adoration of your golden boy :rolleyes:

Same comments? You think a lot of me arguments that I never say. I never say that I hate Hamilton thats your story to make it big
Only what I say is that we want a real competition season and that the wdc,s of Lewis have a lot to do with the car and no changing years of the rules. And maybe it is a painfull day for you? to see what we have see yesterday. A lot of good drivers can win in tjat car. Fact!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

stats don't lie...well neither does five 1-2 WDCs in 7 years.

Also anyone else noticed that apart from Button the only drivers who have come in to a team where lewis was established 1st have been relatively poor in comparison and not pushed him as hard as other drivers? Kovaleinen and Bottas? I wonder if Lewis has a major say in who his teammate is?

QAnon in the house.

My theory ........ it's alittle bit out there so bear with me ......
Lewis is quick and Mercedes ****ed up!!! yeah I know but it could be true!!!

Also I wanted to vote Lewis as driver of the day because he has COVID and I wanted to wish him well, apparently that's how we are supposed to express it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Very strange, reading your comments, you can’t stand it that the Dutch are happy with Max, maybe some times with orange glasses, so what?, if you don’t like it, don’t read it. And that “few others”, keep it for your self, will you.
Next years Zandvoort GP, you still think a few:roflmao:

Last edited:
That's dumbest argument to make against Hamilton. First off Lewis would have been almost 10 seconds ahead of Bottas and not just a few seconds because he's a master of tire management. Now as for teammates Lewis has already faced difficult teammates to beat and even more than Schumacher did because when they came to Ferrari they were told that he was already the number one driver on the team. Plus no driver has benefitted from team orders like Schumacher did at Ferarri. Lewis has faced off against three WDC teammates in his career, one of them being a two time driver as a rookie and he handled him with ease. You guys are really running out of excuses. Lewis has always bested or equaled his teammates, and he's never had it easy against any of them.

You can't erase what Lewis has done so just give up, you're arguments don't hold water. He's the best driver statistically. He's certainly the greatest of all-time to myself and many others.

Yes, but how long ago did it happen? You somehow are on a crusade for Hamilton, and I don't know why. I think that Hamilton does not have real competition in the races since 2014 or so. That might have started earlier. It would be much nicer for him, if there was more challenge versus other cars. Like Russel showed yesterday, any great driver will be P1 in that car. Means everybody knows Hamilton has another WDC, long time before the season ends. It's just dull.

Last edited:
In my opinion, definitely Perez. Russel definitely gets a lot of credit however I believe many drivers on the grid could get in a Merc and run at the front. Just shows how big the gap is between the Merc and all the other cars. If Max got in a Merc, he would have lapped the field.
George had lapped Norris, so he was on the way to lapping the whole field. I think that without the safety cars and the disaster of a pit stop he definitely would have lapped everyone but maybe Bottas and whoever ended up in P3.

No matter what, the race was worth watching, right? ;)

I could go either way on driver of the day. I voted for Russell just because of the charge he was making until he had the puncture. I'm pretty sure he would have overtaken Perez if he didn't have to pit again. And then he still charged back into the points.

Yes, he has one of the 2 best cars on the grid. He still had to drive it.

• Deleted member 379375

I could go either way on driver of the day. I voted for Russell just because of the charge he was making until he had the puncture. I'm pretty sure he would have overtaken Perez if he didn't have to pit again. And then he still charged back into the points.

Yes, he has one of the 2 best cars on the grid. He still had to drive it.

Having the best car is a crime nowadays :)

If someone does want to make a semi-valid point about having the best car and a drivers championship record it might be that
Schumacher went to Ferrari as opposed to the best car at the time and spent a few seasons (when he could have been wining titles in the another team) turning their Ferrari around before winning more titles with them....

" In 1996 Schumacher moved to Ferrari, who had last won the Drivers' Championship in 1979, and helped them transform into the most successful team in Formula One history "
Source

Anyhow both Schumacher's and Lewis's records stand for themselves and don't really need defending.

Last edited by a moderator:

If someone does want to make a semi-valid point about having the best car and a drivers championship record it might be that
Schumacher went to Ferrari as opposed to the best car at the time and spent a few seasons (when he could have been wining titles in the another team) turning their Ferrari around before winning more titles with them....

" In 1996 Schumacher moved to Ferrari, who had last won the Drivers' Championship in 1979, and helped them transform into the most successful team in Formula One history "
Source

Anyhow both Schumacher's and Lewis's records stand for themselves and don't really need defending.
I think one of the better arguments for Lewis' ultimate greatness is the risk he took in going to Mercedes. It was certainly not the best car then. He's been a huge part in making it so.

QAnon in the house.

My theory ........ it's alittle bit out there so bear with me ......
Lewis is quick and Mercedes ****ed up!!! yeah I know but it could be true!!!

Also I wanted to vote Lewis as driver of the day because he has COVID and I wanted to wish him well, apparently that's how we are supposed to express it!!

Oh no someone doesn't like Lewis and the "must be right wing and/or racist" crap comes out...LMAO.

Source

Schumachers is better IMO, no rule changes giving Ferrari a massive advantage over everyone else suddenly, It took FOUR years for Brawn, Todt and Schumacher (and MANY others) to turn Ferrari around...yet it took the boy genius 1 year to make Mercedes invincible....yeah right.

Schumacher did it when F1 was more dangerous and less reliable. He broke a leg racing (what has Hamilton broke? A nail?) and came second in a race where he was stuck in 5th gear.

Schumacher also had to break into F1 the **** car route and not the entitled route of immediately into one of the best cars on the grid.

The irony is Hamilton has had the most privileged journey into F1 possible.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back