Alright when was that again.....?

Thats three weak team mates? Albon, Ric Gasly, ? Ric clearly not.. Max has proven itself. so not really a comparison.

Gasly and Albon win a lot in the junior classes

Bottas actually won a championship in a lower category, which Albon failed to do, but success in lower categories isn't very relevant as we know from case Stroll and others. Bottas has actually merits in F1 as well, destroying Massa at Williams. Albon shouldn't even belong in F1.

I maintained until yesterday that Bottas was just about good enough to keep his seat, but I changed my view about that now. However, anyone wanting Bottas to go and not acknowledging that Albon is at minimum as useless if not arguably more, is hypocritical.

This idea of not choosing the best second driver but the most complicit one or the one that pays most is destroying the competition in F1. Mercedes, Racing Point and Red Bull are all doing fans a disservice with their dumb choices and now it looks like the guy who just won a race is ending up without a seat due to this farce.

Last edited:
The 2019 Mercedes argument has been discussed at length before so I won't waste time on that one, except to say that imitation has *always* been part of F1.

As for the rest, you basically confirmed what I said: Stroll is an astute businessman and he made all the rights moves to improve his team. What better move than form a close working relationship with the best team manager in F1? I would do exactly the same.

With Lawrence Stroll, I see it on two levels. On one level, daddy bought Lance-y Poo an F1 team. Yeah, ok, that happened. I think we hard core F1 fans have understood that has always been a part of F1. It's older than. F1, it goes all the way back to the beginning of grand prix and motor racing itself. It's always been there, it always will be there. Like most fans, I don't love it, but I grudgingly accept it along with making a snarky comment here or there. What's probably changed a bit is the scale. As in, how rich daddy has to be. Daddy used to have to be sorta rich, now more often than. Not he's crazy billionaire rich. It is what it is.

With that out of the way, you have a second level I think you can look at this from: Lawrence Stroll the motor racing business strategist. I think you really have to admire what he's done. Hell, I think you can make a strong case we ought to be thanking him! He's kept a midfield team not just alive but competitive. F1 needs more of that, but it's not always clear where that kind of leadership, investment, and, frankly, will power is going to come from. The competitive balance in F1 is completely borked right now. In this era, you have one monster team winning everything on sight (Merc), two deep pocketed teams fighting it out for second best (Ferrari and Red Bull), and then a host of characters - large and small, competent and incompetent - battling it out in what we'd call "Junior Varsity" in the States. Well, Lawrence Stroll has come in and found a way to maximize his investment and get his team competitive in an environment that really couldn't be more effective at chasing his sort out of the picture if were specifically engineered to do just that. I see Racing Point as a big "F U" to the F1 establishment. They are similar in spirit to me as Red Bull in their very early days or even Hesketh from back in the early 70s. I'm not saying they are directly analogous to either of those outfits, but the F1 of today is a lot different too.

It is silly to claim that LH can now be kicked out based on one race where the reserve driver finished 9th (albeit with a commendable performance), but hey knock yourselves out if that’s the level of thought and commentary we can expect on the forum lately.

This, thank you.
I find it so ridiculous to think Bottas isn't one of the top drivers, just because of his performance today. Yes, Russell won the start and had an amazing overtake vs. Bottas, but come on people, everyone wins some and looses some. Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher, Häkkinen, Senna and other top drivers got outplayed from time to time. Not a single driver is above that. And man, Bottas suffered from the pitstop disaster at least as much as Russell did, if not more. He had no fresh tires, what do people expect?

And like other names in the F1 themselves have said, Lewis is one of the best drivers of all time. His success isn't just the product of his car and those who think it is are really a bunch of clowns, sorry to be so harsh. No one becomes a 7-time world champion just because of the car they're sitting in. Or else Webber, Barrichello or Rosberg would have been recent multi world champions too.

Last edited:
I see Racing Point as a big "F U" to the F1 establishment.

They used to be that, but they are already moving towards becoming part of the establishment with the shady business of copying Mercedes parts, the Aston Martin deal etc. What's worse, they have now a great car that could perhaps provide some competition to Mercedes next year, but they chose to put two below average drivers in it to make sure we won't be seeing any of that. A former champion whose consistently half a second off his team-mate and Stroll, well, no point to say anything about. I agree that the competitive balance is off, but it also extends to teams not hiring the best driver available, which makes it even more comical.

Russell is new Senna, in a class of its own. Much better than Lewis, sorry.

Or...Hamilton's car is a different class of car than other cars...and everyone can win with that car...

I want to believe that Russell is new Senna. Fast flawless driver.

they screwed Russel for sure, mercedes did it on purpose just to show Hamilton only can win and it not depend on car lol XD He should win for sure but mercedes deliberately took win away from him lol thats just how humans are, jealous haters etc. i dont think it was mistake, it was all on purpose just to make Russel not win
This mistake would never have happened to Hamilton, never!!! I remember team Ferrari when all strange mistakes made by team happened to Kimi and never to Vettel, they even forget to fill his water bottle for the hottest race in the season :roflmao: Where's the checklist then?

And Russell's tire didn't leak, the team just claimed that Russell had to give up the fight at the end of the race when Russell was too close to Perez!

Russell is the winner for me!!! Today Perez was just crying child with very good luck.

Last edited:
Russell for me, simply as he got his best ever F1 result today but it's still disappointing as he should of won it were it not for Merc being stupid.
Latifi can look back over this year and see how close he was to Russell and work out how much further up the field he'd be in the Merc....
Every driver knows they could be better off in the Merc.
agree with u.plus give merc at charles he will win 80% of the races calendary

To end all these theories:
Official article in the f1 app:

Toto Wolff said that one of the team radios didn't work and still doesn't work. They don't know why.
But the Tyre crew simply didn't know that there was a pit stop coming so they had to do it more or less completely unprepared and did mistakes.
Also everyone who says bottas would be super bad:
Yeah, he lacks quite some battling fierce but he had no grip at the end...
He should have been on mediums for the end but Russell had his front tyres!!

So cricitice bottas for everything until his last pit stop. But he's not responsible for the drop at the end. That's on the team!
I don't see how it was double stacking like how does any drivers crew go to the wrong car you would have 5 tyres lol
Maybe instead wrong tyre in the right blanket done way before the stop itself

Russell is new Senna, in a class of its own. Much better than Lewis, sorry.

Or...Hamilton's car is a different class of car than other cars...and everyone can win with that car...

I want to believe that Russell is new Senna. Fast flawless driver.

There's a middle ground. You can watch races like Portugal and Turkey and see Hamilton completely destroying Bottas. Frankly it hasn't been close between them all season apart from in qualifying, but in races Hamilton is on a completely different level. Russell did out-drive Bottas, but only just.

:roflmao:
Russell is much better than Hamilton, he dominated the race from the start with Hamilton's car, the car was too small for him etc, what about Hamilton with Russell's car? What if Latifi beat Hamilton with Williams?

That Merc pit stop mistake could be intentionally made to make the Hamilton look better, FIA asked to do it, Hamilton is Hero atm :roflmao:
Wow! You came to that conclusion based on one race only:roflmao:. Pathetic and very simple thinking.

And that last sentence is proper conspiracy theory sh...t:laugh:.

They used to be that, but they are already moving towards becoming part of the establishment with the shady business of copying Mercedes parts, the Aston Martin deal etc. What's worse, they have now a great car that could perhaps provide some competition to Mercedes next year, but they chose to put two below average drivers in it to make sure we won't be seeing any of that. A former champion whose consistently half a second off his team-mate and Stroll, well, no point to say anything about. I agree that the competitive balance is off, but it also extends to teams not hiring the best driver available, which makes it even more comical.

Racing point have a wonderfull car @Copy... (pinkmercedes)

• Deleted member 379375

Some people take every opportunity to bash the 7 times world champion and he wasn.t even driving.
Great drive by Russell, deserves all the plaudits he's getting. Another fantastic drive by Perez, he's done more than enough to merit the Red Bull seat.
Lewis and Russell would be good.

IMO Merc didn't want their "golden Child" outshone by a relative rookie, in a car not honed around him.

I said to my wife on Saturday George would not be allowed a good result.....my crystal ball was working well it seems!

That merc is clearly phenomenal, hopefully Hamilton fanbois will see it now. Put Hamilton is a different car and he wouldn't dominate, put someone else in that merc and we have a different multiple champ breaking records.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%