Alright when was that again.....?

Only in Hockenheim in the rain.. you forget? Everybody made mistakes every high end sport man.
Lewis was winning the race and driving beautifully until the team make the mistake of putting their driver on soft tires during an extremly wet German GP. The mistake was made by the Mercedes team. Bottas, Leclerc, and even Perez who has a kind of talent for built-in traction control crashed out on wet tires.
Only in Hockenheim in the rain.. you forget? Everybody make mistakes every high end sport man.
Lewis was winning the race and driving masterfully until the team made the mistake of putting him on softs during a particularly wet time in the race. Later the track dried enough for softs, but everyone went back to the intermediate tires when they saw the mayhem that ensued. The mistake was made by the Mercedes team. Bottas, Leclerc, and even Perez who has a kind of talent for a built-in traction control crashed out on wet tires.

The pit stop debacle was simply a by-product of Lewis not being there. They don't make dumb mistakes like that when Lewis is in attendance. Now, Russell missed the podium because the last stop was made necessary because Russell drove over on-track debris.
Meanwhile Russell looks up to Lewis as what he would like to one day be, but can never ever be...

Your first sentence amply proves why you see nothing wrong with his attitude.

According to him, RP ended up with two cars on the podium based purely on merit, not luck. After all, it was a totally normal race, and the RP cars just overtook everyone to get there. There was no luck at all for RP that both Mercs were taken out of contention by bad moves behind the pit wall, or that Verstappen was eliminated on lap one by a boneheaded move by Leclerc. Nope... no luck at all, pure merit.

Perez drove one heck of a race, and deserves a lot of credit, but he doesn't get to the top step of that race without a healthy dose of luck, either. He would likely be the first one to admit that. That doesn't take anything away from his drive, it's just a fact. At the end of the day, a win is a win, and that's what matters. Perez was very humble in the post-race interviews because he understands all that, and because that is the way he has always presented himself. Lawrence Stroll, on the other hand, came across as a braggart and a tool, which is not a good look on anyone.

A little humility would have especially been advisable in this case, when Racing Point's first F1 win came from the driver that Lawrence Stroll decided wasn't worth keeping next year...

I didn't see it that way at all. Stroll simply pointed, rightfully, that he took a broken team and turned it around and the results are now obvious. You may hate the guy, for some reason, but there's no denying that he has succeeded in everything he has tried so far. He went into business and became a billionaire and now he's the head of a F1 team that has won a race. Of course there's an element of luck, but Perez drove a perfect race, the team made the right calls in the pits, in other words, they didn't make a mistake, unlike Mercedes who f*cked up big time, so Perez and RP deserve to win.

If you feel like Stroll was bragging, I say cut the guy some slack: he's just won his first race so let him have his 24 hours of glory. He knows full well that if we get a "normal" race next week, it will be another Mercedes 1-2.

Last edited:
Lewis was winning the race and driving beautifully until the team make the mistake of putting their driver on soft tires during an extremly wet German GP. The mistake was made by the Mercedes team. Bottas, Leclerc, and even Perez who has a kind of talent for built-in traction control crashed out on wet tires.

Lewis was winning the race and driving masterfully until the team made the mistake of putting him on softs during a particularly wet time in the race. Later the track dried enough for softs, but everyone went back to the intermediate tires when they saw the mayhem that ensued. The mistake was made by the Mercedes team. Bottas, Leclerc, and even Perez who has a kind of talent for a built-in traction control crashed out on wet tires.

If you believe that its fine and I am happy for you

For sure not Leclerconado :roflmao:
Very nice showing by Russell, and he gets my vote.
What this race shows is that Hamilton does everything, he even changes his tyres on pit stop, that’s why it can’t happen to him what happened today. :roflmao:

Today's facts:
-Perez drove one hell of a season, finally leading to a well deserved win after one hell of a comeback;
-Russel is the real deal, for the love of god let's not waste him on Williams for another year;
-We all already knew this, but todays race confirmed how bad Bottas is on sunday, he can't drive, second tier driver;
-Hamilton is good but not that good, it's the car that is godlike.
They're gonna keep Bottas on because they need a yes-man to be the "Mercedes #2" (read:Hamilton's *****), because Toto Wolff and possibly even the Mercedes execs don't want a repeat of the Alonso/Hamilton and Hamilton/Rosberg personality clashes, and all the morale draining, PR fiasco (especially in the British Press) and not to mention team expenses from double-DNF collisions that would entail from a second fighter in the team, especially one of George's caliber being this competitive in the Merc right out of the gate.

I think Mercedes did it on purpose not to let russel win because it would have shown that hamilton is not the champion that people believe, strange that the wrong things only happen to others and not to him. I had voted for Perez to win but I didn't think he would win
Usually Mercedes have Military Precision when it comes to their pitstops. While I hesitate to call foul-play it did seem oddly convenient that the one time they fumble a pitstop big-time is when they called up a reserve driver while their #1 was off sick, and it looked like he'd win on his Mercedes debut.

I didn't see it that way at all. Stroll simply pointed, rightfully, that he took a broken team and turned it around and the results are now obvious. You may hate the guy, for some reason, but there's no denying that he has succeeded in everything he has tried so far. He went into business and became a billionaire and now he's the head of a F1 team that has won a race. Of course there's an element of luck, but Perez drove a perfect race, the team made the right calls in the pits, in other words, they didn't make a mistake, unlike Mercedes who f*cked up big time, so Perez and RP deserve to win.

If you feel like Stroll was bragging, I say cut the guy some slack: he's just won his first race so let him have his 24 hours of glory. He knows full well that if we get a "normal" race next week, it will be another Mercedes 1-2.

He purchased Mercs 2019 championship winning car....skills...

Worse than that, Toto has shares in Aston Martin now and RP just so happen to have loads of benefits from Team Merc.
And next year the team is Aston Martin......... Hmmmm, totally legit...

Last edited:
Usually Mercedes have Military Precision when it comes to their pitstops. While I hesitate to call foul-play it did seem oddly convenient that the one time they fumble a pitstop big-time is when they called up a reserve driver while their #1 was off sick, and it looked like he'd win on his Mercedes debut.
and it has given Racing Point an almost guaranteed 3rd spot in the Manufacturer's title.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%