Alright when was that again.....?

What if Russell wins? How will Bottas look like when he gets beaten? And Hamilton, when someone else stepping in wins immediately in his car... proving what some people say all the time, that he wins most of his races because of his car and other drivers could do the same in that car. So... it may be better for Mercedes when Bottas wins. My vote went to Max, but if Russell grabs it, that would be great as well!:D

Last edited:
Would be such stellar performance if Russell would end in at the podium on his first promotion.
Keeping that nervous Williams on track should make the Merc an much more relaxed drive for him.
As if you went from a tuned streetcar to a GTE.
Just imagining his anxiety at this time. I hope he can still catch some sleep.
All in for team Russell this weekend.

Honestly, both drivers should be concerned if Russell does really, really well.

It'll play up to the perception that Bottas is weak and even a number 2 and it'll seal his fate come the 2022 contracts. Meanwhile for Hamilton it would add an extra asterisk to his championships to the large amount of skeptics, given how he has already had the longest streak of utterly dominate cars for 6 seasons (if you minus the first halves of 2017 and 2018 to be generous).

Before I get berated, I'm not denying Hamilton's talent nor dismissing Bottas's good days, which there are enough to justify at least another year at Mercedes for the latter and to be put into the top 10 of all time for the former.

The Hollywood win: Russell
The realistic boring win: Verstappen
The realistic alternative boring win: Bottas
The French speaking fan (like me) Win: Leclerc
The out of nowhere win: Gasly
The revenge of Zapata win: Perez
The mission Impossible Win: Latifi
The Fun win: Ricciardo
The old fart win: Raikkonen

Last edited:
I'd love to say that Bottas has learned from last week and will run away with the win this week, but we've all seen his starts this season and arguably, all the pressure is on him to win. The best car, the most experienced team mate and Lewis out. The less dramatic scenario is Bottas, then Verstappen/Russell, swap the positions as it may, but if Russell beats Bottas in almost any capacity, I think his ride is in jeopardy next year. It will be interesting to see where Mercedes focuses their support and strategy this week. Do they back the veteran, or pull all the stops to get Russell the win?

It's like when Marquez got hurt and the rest of the MotoGP riders were relevant again, it's going to be a fun week to watch!

The Hollywood win: Russell
The realistic boring win: Verstappen
The realistic alternative boring win: Bottas
The French speaking fan (like me) Win: Leclerc
The out of nowhere win: Gasly
The revenge of Zapata win: Perez
The mission Impossible Win: Latifi
The Fun win: Ricciardo
The old fart win: Raikkonen

BTW, nice to see you around again.. Haven't seen you since the old original WMD days.. (Although I see you have been posting over the last week :) )

I've actually picked Gasly to win because Monza. AT should do well on a high speed track again. I think the last few seasons have seen Mercedes not the fastest in a straight, especially very long ones. Great acceleration but they often get caught by the end of it.

Other bold predictions:
GR on the podium.
Someone forgets to turn left after T4.
Aitken and Fittipaldi both beat their teammates.
Ferrari out in Q1.
Bottas tests positive, opening his seat to Stoffel.

:laugh:

will be intersting to see,
Russell willbe probably under huge pressure to do well, but on the other hand he will also have great , championship winning car

very different layout, more of a high speed setup, can also change things quite a bit , will be intesting if which will be the the fastest Ferrari engine car

lol, people really think Russle will win?
It would be a great performance if Russell get's 3rd.
I guess more like Top5 or even worse (Top 8).
I don't think he has a chance against Bottas or Verstappen.

Voted Bottas: He has to win really. It's a fail if he doesn't.

Hope Verstappen: Bottas is still Bottas.

Other hope: Surprise mixed up podium/results.

It was Max Crashtappen for a long time. Is it now Valteri Bodgetas if, even without Hamilton, he'll manage to bodge his race?

Last edited:
I am currious about how the racing would be on this layout.

At the moment i think with this layout they also could drive indianapolis 500 layout or pocono or talledega(i like to see that one) and the former lauzitsring tri oval.

Monaco is allways being the odd track in the season.. but now days i cant say there are lot of great tracks being used any more thats why for me the appeal to f1 is slowing fading away.

All the hype up but when the moment is there.. 8 out of 10 times it turns in to a snooze fest.

So yeah currious if it turns in to a snooze fest or the best race ever this layout with this era of cars.

Last edited:
I am currious about how the racing would be on this layout.

At the moment i think with this layout they also could drive indianapolis 500 layout or pocono or talledega(i like to see that one) and the former lauzitsring tri oval.

Monaco is allways being the odd track in the season.. but now days i cant say there are lot of great tracks being used any more thats why for me the appeal to f1 is slowing fading away.

All the hype up but when the moment is there.. 8 out of 10 times it turns in to a snooze fest.

So yeah currious if it turns in to a snooze fest or the best race ever this layout with this era of cars.
It depends on what you call a snooze fest ;) For me Indy500 is a snooze fest until the last SC and there could be a similar race with that simplistic layout.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%