Alright when was that again.....?

I think it's actually quite smart move from Haas. They have nothing to lose really - the drivers don't matter if you cannot build a decent car. And now they got money thanks to Mazepin and attention thanks to Schumacher so they probably will get even more money through the new sponsorships. Hopefully Haas will be a stronger contender next year.

Van Amersfoort: Schumacher is’nt a talent like Leclerc and Max, but let’s see............
He isnt. But he seems to be a hard worker and is on his way to the F2 title after winning the F3 title. I followed his career since his F4 debut, obviously at first because of his name, but i really like him. He also is under huge pressure and handles that in a mature and professional way.

I think the first goal, and a realistic one, is to be consistent, improving and integrsting into the grid. I think he'll be a solid driver like Hülkenberg or Perez, which would mean he has quite a few years in F1. Since many people want him to succeed, he will have it easier to get a top seat which could make him a race winner, which would be really awesome. And maybe there is another step up...

But first, i think it would be great to see him as a solid driver in the midfield. Everything else is a bonus.

He isnt. But he seems to be a hard worker and is on his way to the F2 title after winning the F3 title. I followed his career since his F4 debut, obviously at first because of his name, but i really like him. He also is under huge pressure and handles that in a mature and professional way.

I think the first goal, and a realistic one, is to be consistent, improving and integrsting into the grid. I think he'll be a solid driver like Hülkenberg or Perez, which would mean he has quite a few years in F1. Since many people want him to succeed, he will have it easier to get a top seat which could make him a race winner, which would be really awesome. And maybe there is another step up...

But first, i think it would be great to see him as a solid driver in the midfield. Everything else is a bonus.

I like this post.

Without having followed Mick Schumacher's career and only having read his comments in the press with half an eye, he comes off as a decent enough fellow.

If he has his father's work ethic and talent, the sky is the limit for him, considering that success is often achieved via 90-odd% percent hard work and the rest being talent.

Personally, I would love to see Mick Shchumacher be more of a "pure" driver than his father, who in regards to sportsmanship reminded me more of Ayrton Senna; both drivers who for all intents and purposes behaved like entitled arseholes when on track (for whatever reason).

I'm not personally a huge fan of Lewis Hamilton, but I do appreciate his approach to racing which is to keep it as clean and fair as humanly possible and put up his hand when he makes a mistake that hurts other drivers.

Last edited:
I would have picked a more experienced driver to partner Schumacher. Haas looks a lot more like Williams now. If Williams keep improving, Haas could be relegated to the bottom of the constructors standings.

Mazepin is not that bad for a pay driver, he was very good in fact last weekend. Not the most likable fellow, however, and I definitely won't be rooting for the guy.

I really would like to see Bruno Senna again or at least an US-Driver in this US-Team. I hope Mick gets his chance to drive already now in the last two races cos he couldn't at Nürburgring. And funfact we will finally see other guys winning now. I can't help myself to think that HAM has some "technical advantages" built in. Do you see how he takes off at atart like a rocket!? The massiv gain of gap ins such short time!? There's sth. fishy there and I don't think F1 should go on like that.Very boring if you ask me. But I'm getting kinda OT now, sry.

I have seen Mick on Utube. Dose not look verry good. He is there for the name of his father. It is hard to do well as 2nd generation. His Father was one of the greatest drivers i have ever seen. I dont beleive Mick will ever beat Michael's record. But we will see.

I like this post.

Without having followed Mick Schumacher's career and only having read his comments in the press with half an eye, he comes off as a decent enough fellow.

If he has his father's work ethic and talent, the sky is the limit for him, considering that success is often achieved via 90-odd% percent hard work and the rest being talent.

Personally, I would love to see Mick Shchumacher be more of a "pure" driver than his father, who in regards to sportsmanship reminded me more of Ayrton Senna; both drivers who for all intents and purposes behaved like entitled arseholes when on track (for whatever reason).

I'm not personally a huge fan of Lewis Hamilton, but I do appreciate his approach to racing which is to keep it as clean and fair as humanly possible and put up his hand when he makes a mistake that hurts other drivers.
Lewis tagged his team mate Jenson Button once at Montreal. And Albon whos was looking for a podeom twice. Hes no saint, like he pretends to be.

You need big b for this move, and Steiner proves he is not scared of challenge. They got 1st and 3rd driver from very equal grid of F2, since they have nothing to lose. They need to change the way of thinking about the car and maybe those two that are not "corrupted" by F1 world yet can bring that, as someone already said, spark they need. Plus they are keeping strong connection to Ferrari with Schumacher and they are getting financial injection with Mazepin. Win-win, and a reason for m to come back to F1 next season. To bad there is no more teams, I like this year's F2 lineup and would prefer more of them there, but I'll live with this. :roflmao:

P.S. Is "big b" okay for forum post since it's not whole word? :unsure:
Balls? Yeah, I approve it.

The "MiCk iS oNlY iN tHerE CuZ HiS nAMe" argument is as stale as week-old toast. How about some facts? Schumacher is on his way to the F2 title. No, that's not a guarantee of success, but it at least means you've earned a look. He struggled in F3, then improved. He struggled in F2, then improved. That says to me that he has yet to reach his ceiling and has capacity to evolve.

Something worth noting: Mick was 14 when his father had his skiing accident and he was THERE when it happened. I'm being an armchair psychologist, but people who experience trauma or loss when they're young often showcase maturity and tenacity that belies their age. Think of Charles LeClerc. He lost his godfather, father and best friend back-to-back-to-back. And now you see a dedicated racer who seems incredibly humble and self-aware.

As for "he'll never be like his dad," WOAH, BLISTERING HOT TAKE THERE. I'm a high school basketball coach in small-town USA. It'd be like someone yelling to me "YOU'LL NEVER COACH IN THE NBA." Yeah, no kidding.

Welcome to the discussion thread for the 2020 Formula One Sakhir Grand Prix.

There is a sense of déjà vu as the teams and fans gear up for our second race at the Bahrain International Circuit in as many weeks.

Of course, what is different this weekend to mark the first Sakhir Grand Prix, is the use of the Outer Circuit layout. This track configuration sees a lap length of just 3.543km, and with its high speeds, means that this weekend should see the shortest ever F1 lap in terms of absolute time taken. Current estimates are that pole will be in the low 50 second range.

The short lap length means that this weekend's race will see drivers take on 87 laps of the high-speed Outer Track layout. To add to the chaos, we will of course be seeing a couple of new faces on the grid, as well as one familiar face in a different car. Pietro Fittipaldi, grandson of Emerson, will be replacing Haas' Romain Grosjean as he recovers from the injuries he sustained in last weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix. Meanwhile, Lewis Hamilton who is not allowed to race until he recovers from Covid-19, will be replaced by Mercedes junior driver, George Russell. This of course means that the Williams driver needs a replacement also, and this duty will fall to the Williams junior driver and 4-time F2 race winner, Jack Aitken.

So what will be interesting about this weekend? It should be fascinating to get a better read on the ability of the highly rated George Russell, as he gets his first taste of front-running machinery. Of course the last-minute nature of his loan to Mercedes means that the lack of proper preparation he'll have received should be taken into account, nonetheless it's hard to imagine that comparisons will not be made to both Valtteri Bottas as well as the absent Lewis Hamilton. It will also be interesting to see how the young talents filling in at Haas and Williams get on as they make their F1 debuts.

Valtteri Bottas and Max Verstappen probably head into this weekend as favourites, but with all of this week's chaos, and the extremely short lap times we'll be seeing, it's anyone's guess as to what the Sakhir Grand Prix might have in store for us!

Sakhir.jpg

Last edited:
After such a chaotic week, and the very short circuit layout creating the possibility for an unpredictable qualifying and race, I've decided to make some bold predictions!

• George Russell will go from having never scored a point in F1 to winning his first Grand Prix on Sunday.
  • Only three cars will finish the race on the lead lap.
  • One of this weekend's debutants will finish in the points.
Let me know if you agree or disagree, and give me a bold prediction of your own!

Enjoy the chaos this weekend, there will be a lot of it ;)

Last edited:
I suspect Max will be too aggressive at some point and wreck out. I see Russell second behind Bottas and either a RP or McLaren 3rd. It's hard to say until we see what the conditions are like. I can see Perez managing tires to a podium if tire management is a strong factor again.

I realize that none of these predictions are particularly bold, but those are mine.

Come on Georgie this will be leisure time:D Well it actually may be the toughest race of his life as VB will be even more focused!

Yes, in modern F1, you don't add gearbox whine to your sound samples, you add Driver whine.

I think both Bottas and Russell are under some pressure (even if just self inflicted) so I wouldn't be surprised if we see some serious mistakes amongst the two.

Its on way too late for me here in Melbourne so wont be watching anyway more than likely.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%