Alright when was that again.....?

What support does Lewis enjoy that Bottas doesn't?

- Correct fuel load for qualiy (Austra 1 or 2)
- Preffered tyre choice (Lewis says what he wants and both cars get the same type of tyres)
- No steering wheel malfunctions (there was a starting incident and this time is was overheating warning)

These are just the once I remember - if you would really dig into it there would be more, guess we have to wait 20 years until a mechanic writes a book about how it really was back then.

Voted Seb, just because I believe it is harder to score points in "this year Ferrari with his state of mind" than it is to score 2nd in "Bottas' state of mind with Merc". But looking at that lap 1 from Kimi, fantastic, just for it nobody who he overtook during that first lap should be in talk for driver of the day (I know that includes Seb, but I'm voting for him just for support :) ).
P.S. As someone above mentioned, I would add even that even this first lap pales in comparison with last lap of 24h race with Porsche giving up on Tandy.

How can you say that. Leclerc drives that car like a regular Ferrari. Only Seb has problems. Simply because he is not that good and is getting worse each year.

Disregarding the first 5 laps that was another snoozefest again.
Yes, HAM is a great driver and always was one of the fastest but seriously....how can he even be happy about winning in such a dominant car? Winning in a dominant car the seventh consecutive season....

Honor where honor is due...but jeez 2022 can't come soon enough.

How can you say that. Leclerc drives that car like a regular Ferrari. Only Seb has problems. Simply because he is not that good and is getting worse each year.
What did I say wrong? Sportsman on top level are all very similar and biggest changes come from state of mind. Seb's in last year with team is wrong and he can't give his 120%. Toto called it at the start of the year and said that you don't let go driver at start of the season and keep him racing until the end. And he was right, no matter how much I don't like him he knows how to run a team.
With my statement I don't take anything away from Leclerc's performance, which is very good no discussion there.

Well, he is in his sixth season in Formula 1 now, and is still making the same fundamental mistakes - I very much doubt that he could learn from anyone, nevermind me.

The RedBull is almost as quick as the Mercedes (0.25 seconds per lap slower at most), so he can't use the car as an excuse anymore.

Me too! He seems to gain a huge amount of confidence and self-belief when he is allowed to be his own man, rather that trying to live up to expectations of what he should be able to achieve.

Yes, HAM is a great driver and always was one of the fastest but seriously....how can he even be happy about winning in such a dominant car? Winning in a dominant car the seventh consecutive season....

You've got look elsewhere than top 3. There was a lot of action from P4. Including overtakes without drs.

Last edited:

How can he be happy? He still has to put in the work and drive the car. They don't just roll out of bed and dominate in the best car. They all work very hard to make it happen.

Think back a few years when Merc and Ferrari were still closer on performance. The teams still had to do their parts and the drivers had to do theirs. If I were Lewis, I'd feel very satisfied knowing that the whole team put it together.

Put another way, I'm pretty confident that Lance Stroll wouldn't be as dominant in the Merc. How many other drivers would put in the consistent laps that Lewis does? Yes, the car's performance gives him a buffer, but you don't see Lewis locking up, spinning, etc. He gets the most out of the car on every lap.

And, lest you think I'm a Lewis fanboy, please check some of my other comments about him. I also think that he sandbags in qualy so that he can look heroic at the end. But even though there may be some false hope that perhaps he won't be on pole, the fact that he can just flip an internal switch and drive the perfect lap when he needs it is pretty amazing too.

Wasn't it boring when Williams dominated every race? Wasn't it boring when McLaren was dominating? Wasn't it boring when Schumacher was winning all the time?

It seems like there are usually dominant teams while everyone else is playing catch-up. We've had 7 teams on the podium this year. I'm as sick of seeing Merc on the top step as anyone, but I think that this is nothing new.

It looked like a good exiting track in qualifying. I think teams where trying to play it safe in the race with more generic settings. This is what you do when visiting a new track that you have no data on. If we where to return in 2021 maybe we would see more of a power setup.
With drivers complaining about lack of grip due to new surface and 10% reduction in downforce on the new airo package that has been pushed back to 2022. Are we going to see cars sliding all over the place in 2 years. I sugest all drivers come to Canada where we do ice racing in rally cars to get ready for 2022.

If not this weekend, it's just a matter of time before he does. Sooner he does the better as far as I'm concerned, then maybe the Hamilton hullabaloo will end. Great driver but not the greatest. Definitely a great car though, the hybrid Merc, as all three hybrid-Merc drivers have proved since 2014.
Yes i think Senna is the greatest. But ironicaly he has the least wins.

Wasn't it boring when Williams dominated every race? Wasn't it boring when McLaren was dominating? Wasn't it boring when Schumacher was winning all the time?

It seems like there are usually dominant teams while everyone else is playing catch-up. We've had 7 teams on the podium this year. I'm as sick of seeing Merc on the top step as anyone, but I think that this is nothing new.

Exactly, I think a lot of people are exaggerating a bit, even if I too do want the mercedes dominance to end, or at least I want a real fight for the win to take place, real competitors for mercedes.

How can he be happy? He still has to put in the work and drive the car. They don't just roll out of bed and dominate in the best car. They all work very hard to make it happen.

Think back a few years when Merc and Ferrari were still closer on performance. The teams still had to do their parts and the drivers had to do theirs. If I were Lewis, I'd feel very satisfied knowing that the whole team put it together.

Put another way, I'm pretty confident that Lance Stroll wouldn't be as dominant in the Merc. How many other drivers would put in the consistent laps that Lewis does? Yes, the car's performance gives him a buffer, but you don't see Lewis locking up, spinning, etc. He gets the most out of the car on every lap.

And, lest you think I'm a Lewis fanboy, please check some of my other comments about him. I also think that he sandbags in qualy so that he can look heroic at the end. But even though there may be some false hope that perhaps he won't be on pole, the fact that he can just flip an internal switch and drive the perfect lap when he needs it is pretty amazing too.
Alain Prost put it best Winning is great. But when you win too mutch people get jealus. People get tired of seeing you on the podiom all the time.

I agree there has been some other seasons that have also been boring. A few things that make this and other recent seasons incrementally less interesting:

- Gap between top team and second team is huge
- No competition between teammates on top team
- Ferrari is uncompetitive with first or second teams
- Engine formula is not interesting to me. I liked traditional ICE motors

Some suggest reverse grids, but I say starting position lottery would be more interesting and fair.
If i where a driver and they had reverse grids whats stoping me from running slow in qualifying to get pole. Besides there will be big acidents as some drivers will pull over to let a faster round and some wont. I love NASCAR but it will be like a NASCAR restart with a driver in the middle doing something stupid and wiping out half the feild. And drivers who have a shot will be spun out of contention. Leading to a fight between drivers.

Alain Prost put it best Winning is great. But when you win too mutch people get jealus. People get tired of seeing you on the podiom all the time.
Put another way, as Wilt Chamberlain the basketball player once said, "Nobody roots for Goliath."

I think that Lewis handles it just about as well as it can possibly be handled. It's his job to help the team make the car the best on the grid and it's also his job to drive the fastest car fastest. We can't be mad at him for doing that.

I agree there has been some other seasons that have also been boring. A few things that make this and other recent seasons incrementally less interesting:

- Gap between top team and second team is huge
- No competition between teammates on top team
- Ferrari is uncompetitive with first or second teams
- Engine formula is not interesting to me. I liked traditional ICE motors

That makes a lot more sense. It seems strange to me that so many want to see Mercedes hobbled. How about instead rooting for Ferrari to be more competent? Or for RB to develop a car that both drivers can drive? People complain about the "Pink Mercedes," but at least Racing Point fields a competitive car.

My enjoyment of F1 is more around the whole spectacle. I also enjoy watching "Formula 1.5" as we like McLaren at my house. But it would be nice if there were real battles for the race win each time.

At least we have IndyCar and IMSA. I need to catch up on the St. Pete race as I understand it was pretty good.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%