Alright when was that again.....?

Be a real shame if they couldn't find a way to get this circuit on the calendar year after year. What a beautiful track as layout, elevation and the location.
To expensive, basically any portuguese company wants to pay the fee to ut the circuit on the calendar. Motorsports here are still seen by many people as a bunch of looney people who have death wishes.

I've been lately starting to think about getting into Karting. There is a Karting club near me that I could join, so that's not the issue. I love motorsport but on the other had I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to physically damaging my body - after all I have golden coder hands that I want to keep in good shape. ;)

What do you guys think, is karting safe and what are your tips for beginners? How to avoid injuries?

I just simdrove this track with F1 car and VR (assetto Corsa). Very weird track for F1 (stiff and small). Lot of blind corners and lifting hills. No traditional overtaking places, but new track and full of surprises. Expecting interesting race.

I've got a big scoop for you: Gasly won a GP a few weeks ago. Mauvais français va ! :roflmao:

Anyway it's well known around here that Grosjean was French when he was doing well and Swiss when he was not. :D

Last but not least, it is also well known that Grosjean's popularity went south when people learned he was dating, then marrying the sexiest F1 TV commentator ever.

God, I forgot about Gasly. In my defense, for 25 years, it's so rare for a Frenchman to win in F1 that we even forget his exploits ^^^

I think I've only ever raced it once a bit on Project Cars 2. I found it a tricky track, not wide or flowing like Mugello.

Also, regarding the Stroll Verstappen crash, who is more to blame? The driver not expecting another car to be on a hot lap, or the driver not expecting to be raced into turn one.

Last edited:
Normally I don't vote for Mercedes drivers but I would like to see Hamilton break Schumacher's record.
If not this weekend, it's just a matter of time before he does. Sooner he does the better as far as I'm concerned, then maybe the Hamilton hullabaloo will end. Great driver but not the greatest. Definitely a great car though, the hybrid Merc, as all three hybrid-Merc drivers have proved since 2014.

Great track but those guys had better not be engaging in any slow lap shenanigans this weekend. Lots of absolutely blind areas due to elevation change. Don't want to see anybody get hurt here.

I think I've only ever raced it once a bit on Project Cars 2. I found it a tricky track, not wide or flowing like Mugello.

Also, regarding the Stroll Verstappen crash, who is more to blame? The driver not expecting another car to be on a hot lap, or the driver not expecting to be raced into turn one.

Both. Stroll knew Verstappen was close, he should have left some room (especially knowing it was Max.) However, Verstappen didn’t have to dive in the corner like that. I blame both because this was free practice, not the race and there was no reason to fight for a corner like that. Just back off and wait for another turn. Of course, Verstappen went into some stupid little rant on the radio. He’s incredibly talented, but he’s also an entitled, arrogant brat who thinks he owns F1.

To me, that incident is typical of the current generation of drivers who don’t seem to know basic racing etiquette. They think that today’s cars are so safe that they can’t get hurt, so they slam into each others without thinking of the consequences. You didn’t see crap like that back in the days of Lauda, Andretti or Clark. These were real racers who didn’t learn their trade on simulators. They understood that they could get killed if they crashed. I have a lot more respect for these men than for a petulant child like Verstappen.

Last edited:
I don't understand the hype about Hulkenberg. A F1pilot that has no podiums in his career and somehow is the best thing ever. Granted, going into a F1 car that is not completely setup to his driving preference and skipping practice is something to admire but, isn't that what a reserve pilot is suppose to do?

I think he deserves a seat in F1 feels like people are saying he is at the same level of Hamilton.

I just wanted to announce that I have been testing for Haas on F1 2020. They have been very impressed with my ability to miss apexes, kill the engine in the pits, provide no meaningful feedback on the cars performance and flat spot tires over and over.

I have in hand an offer for next season at the princely sum of 10 Euros.
Funniest RD post I've read in a long time, thank you! :laugh:

If not this weekend, it's just a matter of time before he does. Sooner he does the better as far as I'm concerned, then maybe the Hamilton hullabaloo will end. Great driver but not the greatest. Definitely a great car though, the hybrid Merc, as all three hybrid-Merc drivers have proved since 2014.

Tend to agree with this sentiment, although overall of this current generation Hamilton's consistency is still impressive. Basically if someone was in a 5th place car and finishing 5th the majority of his career it would be good driving.

Both. Stroll knew Verstappen was close, he should have left some room (especially knowing it was Max.) However, Verstappen didn’t have to dive in the corner like that. I blame both because this was free practice, not the race and there was no reason to fight for a corner like that. Just back off and wait for another turn. Of course, Verstappen went into some stupid little rant on the radio. He’s incredibly talented, but he’s also an entitled, arrogant brat who thinks he owns F1.

To me, that incident is typical of the current generation of drivers who don’t seem to know basic racing etiquette. They think that today’s cars are so safe that they can’t get hurt, so they slam into each others without thinking of the consequences. You didn’t see crap like that back in the days of Lauda, Andretti or Clark. These were real racers who didn’t learn their trade on simulators. They understood that they could get killed if they crashed. I have a lot more respect for these men than for a petulant child like Verstappen.

The only part where I disagree with this is that it is actually borderline impossible for Stroll to see Verstappen. He has a massive halo cockpit and isn't able to check his mirrors and is configuring his steering wheel and genuinely doesn't know Verstappen is using him for a tow and doesn't know he is on a hot lap.

If you put Stroll in a car with wing-mirrors, an open cockpit, and no steering wheel computer, does he see Verstappen?

Also, if Verstappen is concentrating on his own lap and not manipulating a DRS system or a slipstream, does he even bother to use another car dangerously?

I've seen plenty of past cars get too close using slipstream of another car and crash in the past.

However, in general I agree with the point that racing etiquette has deteriorated.

Dumb crash... Both drivers didn't care and made assumptions. I can say if it was a certain driver he'd get roasted for that.

Tried the track on AC... Lovely track to drive but for racing, it looks like not a lot of overtaking but with a lot more incidents like this will make it interesting.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%