Alright when was that again.....?

tenor.gif

Video Source: Brazilian Grand Prix - 2008

nicole-scherzinger-of-us-band-pussycat-dolls-and-girlfriend-of-british-D4KN3X.jpg

lewis-hamilton-aug_1556712i.jpg

Last edited:
No Sky in the USA. If you go to the Sky Sports website, if you try to click any of the videos, they're all blocked. They want you to tune into ESPN. I'm sure VPN would get you around it though, but that would be just to get the website working. I am not aware of any US cable providers that offer Sky.

US F1 fanatic here. I DVR the race (ESPN) and then exercise extreme discipline in avoiding spoilers. I succeed probably ~80% of the time, which isn't bad for me. Usually I hear that Hamilton won and I knew that's what was going to happen anyway, so...meh.

As far as F1 TV goes, I have a subscription. It's only $2.99/mo which, for me, is a bargain. The app itself (at least, the app on Android) is an absolute trainwreck. Once you learn to workaround the obnoxious quirks, it's usable. The current season race airings and replays seem to be blocked for me (as a US customer). That's ok because I have ESPN. I use F1 TV for the historic replays (every F1 race from 1981-2018) and also they have a massive library of documentaries - interviews, features, etc - which I really enjoy. Don't tell anyone, but I would pay a lot more than $3/mo, but I can see how that would be perceived as a ripoff if your interests are different than mine (or expect software to actually work well).

Terry, I actually have the exact same setup. ESPN 2 on Direct TV and I'm in NC as well (Charlotte). Did you not have a problem watching the race yesterday? For me it was supposed to have been broadcast at 9:00 AM (I believe), was pushed off until 11:00 PM (so they could broadcast the X-Games or something similar), but was actually broadcast at 8:00 PM. Kind of a moving target.

I certainly don't want to sound like I'm just complaining, I just want to watch the races without the guesswork. Adding another series or two to things might be a nice touch as well.
My wife has it setup to record the entire F1 season.
I did not have any issues with the race yesterday.
The DVR was actually recording when I came downstairs.
The television was off so I assume it came on at the usual time.
I started watching it around 10:45.

Gasly should be back in the Red Bull seat immediately. Albom is a bum and should not be in F1.
Pierre needs to stay right where he is.
He seems quite a bit happier and willing to get the job done in that Alpha Tauri.
RBR is a 'pressure cooker' for young F1 drivers not named Max Verstappen.
They're always wondering when they'll be done and it happens fast.

Had to go to Gasly. He drove a solid race, contact with Albon taken on board but you could argue that was 6 of one and half dozen of the other really.

He was lucky with the safety car etc., but still, if he wasn't able to be quick and consistent enough, he would have been overtaken by Sainz or Stroll, (who also had great races).
Bottas... really not sure what to say here. Terrible start and then just didn't seem to want to overtake anyone... Lewis in start contrast was at the back and pushed hard overtaking to get back in the points. Not too far from taking a position off of his lacklustre team mate...

Which was kinda my point. They have all been in the system since little kids.
On the right day at the right time when the stars align a win is possible when the best cars mess up.
I get your point, but Maldonado was wrong comparison to Gasly. Maldonado won on pure pace. He got 2nd in Q only behind 1 faster car, which was penalized after that and gave him pole-position. That was not "stars aligned" win.
Other than that, yes, every(most :D ) driver on the grid if it was in place of Gasly would do the same on Sunday.

Frankly, this is a pretty cool series of videos, and one I feel well worth sharing with our sim racing and motorsports community here at RaceDepartment.

The other day our founder and owner@Bram Hengeveld sent me a message with a link to a YouTube channel he stumbled across called 'Circuits of the Past', which has a pretty unique and rather awesome theme - exploring the world and checking out former racing venues that no longer actively host racing events.

Intrigued, I found a few spare minutes (which is way harder than it sounds) and fired up a video on my phone. A few minutes turned into a couple of hours, the phone was replaced by the big TV, and before I knew it I was hooked - and just can't help but want to share this channel with you all in the hopes that you too find it as enjoyable as we did.

The general idea is pretty simple but ingenious - find old race tracks, travel to them, look around the place and talk about it. Simple, but oh so very effective.

Just to clarify, RaceDepartment have no affiliation with this channel, are receiving nothing in return for showcasing these videos, and have no contact or partnership with either the channel or content creators - we just think it is something super cool, and worth putting on a few peoples radar.

You can find the 'Circuits of the Past' YouTube channel HERE.

Enjoy :)

footer.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years