Alright when was that again.....?

didn't know about that, looks good:
eaf707e0-alpine-a110-rally-25.jpg

Last edited:
This race to me was proof that it is not the car that wins races. Bottas went out of his way to finally show the knuckleheads that it ain't the car. Hamilton is just that dude and nothing else can be said.
Not taking anything away from Lewis but with that car Bottas should have won the race. Unless my theory is right and teams don't provide exact same car performance to both drivers. I mean in straight line Bottas couldn't match McLaren speed while Hamilton surpassed it. On a straight like Monza both cars should have equal speeds despite the driver.

Last edited:
What TV subscriber do you currently have?
I watch on Direct TV' ESPN2 here in NC

Terry, I actually have the exact same setup. ESPN 2 on Direct TV and I'm in NC as well (Charlotte). Did you not have a problem watching the race yesterday? For me it was supposed to have been broadcast at 9:00 AM (I believe), was pushed off until 11:00 PM (so they could broadcast the X-Games or something similar), but was actually broadcast at 8:00 PM. Kind of a moving target.

I certainly don't want to sound like I'm just complaining, I just want to watch the races without the guesswork. Adding another series or two to things might be a nice touch as well.

Not taking anything away from Lewis but with that car Bottas should have won the race. Unless my theory is right and teams don't provide exact same car performance to both drivers. I mean in straight line Bottas couldn't match McLaren speed while Hamilton surpassed it. On a straight like Monza both cars should have equal speeds despite the driver.
Bottas was complaining on the radio that he could not race the car with the engine setting he had to use. Probably his engine setting was completely different from Hamilton’s?

Its was never ironic for me, Max has been taking advantage of party mode for ages. See ya mate hehe hee
The only reason we have party mode is the engine is a V6 Turbo. As found in your basic family car. If we had V8's or higher number of cylinders we would have the same performance. Without engine modes. The problem is car manufacturers use F1 to develop their own road cars. And the road car market is going small block V6 or less. Because they are cheaper to run and better for the environment. Because that is how the eco hippies want it.

Not taking anything away from Gasly, i really like the guy. But these are drivers who have gone though the system from karting onwards, they can all drive a formula car to a good level from practise and training.
(i know i know, people like to believe in "born to race" etc, but it is poppy cock)
If the stars align for you you can win in a random circumstance.
It won't happen again this season for him and it changes nothing about Merc being the dominant team.

And don't forget Maldonardo won a race....

Bottas was complaining on the radio that he could not race the car with the engine setting he had to use. Probably his engine setting was completely different from Hamilton’s?
In the quest for the constructors championship, what good would it do the team to have that much of a difference in the cars ? Now, I will say that the cars should not be set up exactly the same because each car should be bespoke to the driver, based on that driver's characteristics. But every bolt in those cars should be the same.

But arguing against my own argument, it would also make sense that Mercedes will actually build the base car to fit the way Lewis drives. He is the winner. He brings in the money. That might be why Zeb has such trouble with the Ferrari.

I had a friend in professional basketball. He showed me his game shoe compared to the ones they sell public. Same model, but not even close to being alike.

Bottas talked nonsense during the race. He's got the same engine settings as Hamilton and the same hotlap speed, but not the same overtaking skills and cold blood.

Last edited:
Yes, I mean you could use one car as a test bench and the other as the main car.

Mugello next week, what a great track never thought f1 would be there.
It's one of the best to drive in assetto corsa; spent many an hour going round and round.
Don't care if it's a mercedes 1-2, will be glued to the seat for every minute. Thrilling. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years