Alright when was that again.....?

How is it, when major teams like Williams and Ferrari fall off the cliff, they can't climb back up? It took Mclaren, about ..what??? 6 years to recover their collapse. How is it that a design choice failure cannot be rectified by the next season?

One of the obvious reasons is that the current Williams F1 car is still one of the worlds most advanced racing cars, i think people sometimes conclude that it must be dire to drive and slow and rubbish....
It's not....it is just that the others are even better.
Go back a few seasons and it is most likely faster and better than the cars at the time.
If you are already making a fantastic race car, then when you compare to other teams you are left wanting...where do you go?
You wait and hope for upgrades, but the rest have upgrades, so ultimately you might even have to wait till a rule change and try to give the rest the slip.....just like Brawn did...

It's like say the 100 meters in the Olympics...the Merc is Ussian Bolt, the Williams is the guy who comes 8th and well out of the medals.... he is still a bloody fast runner just to get there... but no one bar his Mum cares...

Last edited:
Sad sad times. I'm 50 years old now and remember becoming a Williams fan at 17 years of age when a mate and I went to the British GP at Silverstone for the first time. Since 2013 I've been on an F1 downer but remained a staunch Williams fan and even though we had a year or so of getting back up there it went completely pear shaped over the last 3 years and we fell to the back of the grid. Although the new team will keep the Williams name I will see what happens with the new owners before I decide to bin F1 forever. F1 has changed beyond all recognition now and has become too political for me so I think I will probably move over to the BTCC as my main focus for 2021 and beyond as money is the reason F1 is about now, not the sport. I mean 500 quid for a weekend at Silverstone in grandstands Vs a weekend at BTCC for 10% of that and much better racing too.

Only the FIA and Ferrari know -
  • The FIA examined the Power Unit and came to an agreement with Ferrari to make changes,
  • Ferrari changed the Power Uint as per the agreement
  • Ferrari engined cars have subsequently lost a lot of speed.
  • The FIA and Ferrari refuse to disclose the outcome of the investigation or what the subsequent agreement was.
  • everyone suspected they were burning oil to gain lap time.
Without clarity everyone's left to make up their own minds if they were cheating or not, but if any admission of this were made there would be bans, points taken away, financial penalties and bankrupt F1 teams.
Aren't Alfa Romeo, Toro Rosso, and Haas also culpable and subject to yanked points and constructors money? Each one of the Ferrari-supplied teams had several Ferrari techs in their garages but I cannot believe they had no knowledge of the subterfuge. Others should have known that Ferrari was a bit wayward of the power unit rules.

Poor Albon, first he's given a car that is not suited to his driving style, now it has been revealed by Helmut Marko that he doesn't even have the same parts as Verstappen. This all goes for Gasly as well when he was on the team. It's no wonder that Verstatppen looks so superior to his teammates.

Like Gasly, Albon would surely start to find his pace again under the Alpha Tauri brand no doubt, because he wouldn't be handed a stacked deck from which to play.

Red Bull is a strange duck...

Why don’t you put a phrase in your signature saying that Albon and Gasly are actually the best drivers on the grid and way better than Verstappen? That way you don’t have to mention it in EVERY thread. Saves you a lot of time.

Poor Albon, first he's given a car that is not suited to his driving style, now it has been revealed by Helmut Marko that he doesn't even have the same parts as Verstappen. This all goes for Gasly as well when he was on the team. It's no wonder that Verstatppen looks so superior to his teammates.

Like Gasly, Albon would surely start to find his pace again under the Alpha Tauri brand no doubt, because he wouldn't be handed a stacked deck from which to play.

Red Bull is a strange duck...
I think it is normal when there are new parts (e.g. a new front wing) that first the number 1 driver of your team gets that update. It's not only RB who does that, other teams do this as well. And such an update normally results in max 0.1-0.2 seconds. It does not explain the bigger differnce in lap times between Verstappen and Albon, which is regularly 0.7s-1.0s. Albon is a good driver, but not the same level as Hamilton, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Leclerc and Vettel (in his better days).

Honda and GM have just merged, could that affect their involvement in F1...
Trump's america taking over the world of motorsport :confused:
What?!! :confused:

FP3 Laps and best sectors:
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-05 at 15.34.36.jpeg

Last edited:
Verruca Salt to win?!!! Really? Why?
Yo, you really made me chuckling for hours by calling Lance Stroll 'Verruca Salt'. Anyway, seeing your reaction to their post makes me straight out wishing that one day Lance Stroll went from Verruca Salt (from "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory") to Elektra King (from James Bond film "The World Is Not Enough"). I felt Lance Stroll needs to get out of his dad's shadow completely, otherwise people would keep seeing him as "Crown Prince", or "Daddy's Boy", or "Spoiled Boy" or whatever the hell is related to that sort of branding.

It's like say the 100 meters in the Olympics...the Merc is Ussian Bolt, the Williams is the guy who comes 8th and well out of the medals.... he is still a bloody fast runner just to get there... but no one bar his Mum cares...

You're making a really fair point here, so please don't take this as outright disagreement...just adding some"counter color" here. A big difference is, once every 4 years, for a couple weeks millions of people suddenly become enraptured by who the world's fastest 100m runner is. Outside of that time window, broadly speaking, no one really cares. That's the magic of the Olympics. Contrast that with a major commercial spectator sport like F1 where the challenge is keeping 10's of millions of fans engaged and interested for months at a time, year after year after year. That Usain Bolt to 8th place gap played out over and over again under those circumstances starts to look more problematic as far as a keeping eyeballs on the sport perspective goes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%