Alright when was that again.....?

If they were to register it as anything else at this point, the existing fees and credits would disappear.
That'd cost Dorilton Capital a 'boat-load' of money, so you won't see any major changes this season.
The Williams name will probably carry through this and possibly next season but it'll probably disappear after that.
That is what usually happens with these kinds of take over deals, unless it was contractually stipulated.

That is what usually happens with these kinds of take over deals, unless it was contractually stipulated.

Yeah the new owners have been pretty quiet so far, I get the impression that part of the deal was the Williams name should be kept, but as you say for how long that will be I'm not sure.

But it is sad news that we have effectively lost one more of the traditional private F1 teams. I was looking forward to seeing a Williams in the new ground effect regulations.

On the positive side, I feel you can't get anywhere in F1 now without factory support of some kind, and Claire was adamant that she wouldn't do this whilst she was in charge.

Racing Point have done it with great success (albeit with some controversy!) I'm afraid you need something like this approach now to succeed I think. Or you have a great technical team like Red Bull.

Who's next? I reckon Haas may go soon, I just have this feeling, Americans like to win (what I mean by that is not all investors would understand that F1 can be a very long game) and if they are not seeing the results I think they'll move on. The car for the last few years just seems a bit of a disaster.

They should have done it since 2005, maybe even earlier. Why they stayed for so long...i have no idea. Maybe because F1 wasn't THAT expensive back then and even an unsuccessful team could stay.

I might sound bitter, but i hope more small teams will do the same. F1 has become way way too expensive,regulated,demanding...and downright ridiculous with those HUGE, heavy limo cars...while at the same time it simply doesn't have any interest, at all.
Teams racing in F1, could spend the same amount of money and be very successful in other forms of racing.
Although....we have to accept that racing is dying, especially autoracing.
WRC is trying but it's still...meh.
F1 is pretty much dead,
GT racing hasn't seen full (or even half filled) grandstands since the glorious FIA GT era.
Touring Car racing has been dead for a while.
Even hugely historical events like the LeMans 24h have declined dramatically over the last two decades, especially the last decade. It has become a 24h technology testing and development session.

Last edited:
Reactions: EIF
I think in Ferraris case it is because they were cheating and got caught, once their toys were taken away they realised they were relying too heavily on them and had gotten complacent in other areas leaving the rest of the package underdeveloped.

After that blame the FIAs cost caps, limited testing, insistence by the FIA to develop with CFD i.e. limited time in wind tunnel with scale models, development token system, limited number of power units etc, so ultimately its the FIAs tactics to level the playing field that is having precisely the opposite effect - which will be further evident with the introduction of the engine mapping restrictions this weekend.

These teams have very talented and committed engineers, working around the clock year in year out. If you slow down you get left behind. If you run a 100m sprint and stumble, there's no catching up and winning the race, you have to wait until a new race to get your chance. In F1 terms a new race is a major rule change and even then the big teams start the race earlier than the small ones.

Oh, and with McLaren it was their doomed partnership with Honda that left them out in the wilderness for so long, once that was over they started clawing their way back.
Is the Ferrari team were deemed cheating by the FIA or were actually cheating with their 2019 engines?

Reactions: CC
Probably another snoozefest.
I'm just watching this season because there are some tracks that have never been in the schedule or a long time ago. So it might be worth watching the start and then you can switch off the tv.

Waiting for 2022.

Really sad, F1 history is disappearing. An investment company will never put same Williams family passion and love. Thank you Sir Frank.

wpid-gcodingphpditpubpublished20150829joythis.com_Alan_Jones_Williams_FW07C___Gilles_Villeneuv...jpg

So many years so many great champions and some of the most brutal f1 cars ever. Sad to see them go like this... 40 years is alot of time but memories will last forever. Williams was a team that made champions.

Is the Ferrari team were deemed cheating by the FIA or were actually cheating with their 2019 engines?
Only the FIA and Ferrari know -
  • The FIA examined the Power Unit and came to an agreement with Ferrari to make changes,
  • Ferrari changed the Power Uint as per the agreement
  • Ferrari engined cars have subsequently lost a lot of speed.
  • The FIA and Ferrari refuse to disclose the outcome of the investigation or what the subsequent agreement was.
  • everyone suspected they were burning oil to gain lap time.
Without clarity everyone's left to make up their own minds if they were cheating or not, but if any admission of this were made there would be bans, points taken away, financial penalties and bankrupt F1 teams.

I would like to see Ferrari run a one two and have the church bells ring. But so far it will be lucky if they get both cars in the top 10. That is equal to a win for a team with a bad chassis and power unit. They have not qualified last so there must be something good about the car.

I wrote letters to all the teams in F1. Telling them i was a fan back in late 90's. Williams mailed me a wonderful press package. Along with Arrows Prost and BAR. That is a team that cares about the fans of the sport. I Will never forget Silverstone 1992 when i went to sit on the end of Hangar straight to watch Red 5 win the race. And the tittle that year.:ninja:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%