• 23000+ Members! Dear Guest, join the community on the official RD Discord server today.   learn more

2020 Formula One Italian Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

Who do you think will win the Italian Grand Prix?

• Total voters

Ronaldoz87

75RPM
Apr 28, 2019
It doesn't negate the fact that the communication could have been ****. Two signals on the outside of parabolica isn't enough when you are going inside to the pit. If the TV didn't realise the pit was closed until after Hamilton pitted then how did the Mercedes team?
It was just some footage, who knows what more light are there. It's up to drivers to pay attention in these situations. Those lights have a meaning. If a driver misses that, it's just ignoring rules. In the past drivers were DSQ for that. The Mercedes team has many workers, spectating every detail, but somehow they missed that. And actually, Hamilton did. Those light are there to info drivers about the situation. They should know about that, it's protocol.

Last edited:

Kindly

100RPM
May 20, 2020
It was just some footage, who knows what more light are there. It's up to drivers to pay attention in these situations. Those lights have a meaning. If a driver misses that, it's just ignoring rules. In the past drivers were DSQ for that.
If there was a light on pit entrance then fair enough. The fact that the TV got a message that the safety car was out but no message that the pit was closed shows to me that the teams may have got the same messages that weren't clear enough.

Two drivers made the same mistake so it is a problem.

Last edited:

Ronaldoz87

75RPM
Apr 28, 2019
If there was a light on pit entrance then fair enough. The fact that the TV got a message that the safety car was out but no message that the pit was closed shows to me that the teams may have got the same messages that weren't clear enough.

Two drivers made the same mistake so it is a problem.
Only two drivers did, everybody else did not. Because they actually paid attention to the protocol. It's mistake and it did just happen. Don't worry, Hamilton will win more races and is already WDC.

Reactions: ast654

Kindly

100RPM
May 20, 2020
Only two drivers did, everybody else did not. Because they actually paid attention to the protocol. It's mistake and it did just happen. Don't worry, Hamilton will win more races and is already WDC.
I don't care about Hamilton. I care about the FIA being **** and punishing two drivers unfairly and not looking at why there is no signal on pit entrance and why two teams and a TV station got the communication late and wrong.

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
What a great race. Had to watch it with a two hour delay on my side. Never, never expected this outcome. Bad luck for the DNF's and party time for the podium winners. Pierre deserves this. What a rollercoaster year for him. Good that LeClerc has no injuries. Was a hard bang.
Gasly the Panis successor.Took a couple of days but then they know how to party! Félicitation Pierre

Last edited:

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018
Look, 20 guys were right about Gasly winning, unless they cheated and changed the votes after the race :D

Turk

1000RPM
Jul 29, 2011
Gasly's win was like a sim race win. Just wait for everyone in front of you to mess up.

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
Its was never ironic for me, Max has been taking advantage of party mode for ages. See ya mate hehe hee
The only reason we have party mode is the engine is a V6 Turbo. As found in your basic family car. If we had V8's or higher number of cylinders we would have the same performance. Without engine modes. The problem is car manufacturers use F1 to develop their own road cars. And the road car market is going small block V6 or less. Because they are cheaper to run and better for the environment. Because that is how the eco hippies want it.

safi hellie

250RPM
Jul 18, 2019
Not taking anything away from Gasly, i really like the guy. But these are drivers who have gone though the system from karting onwards, they can all drive a formula car to a good level from practise and training.
(i know i know, people like to believe in "born to race" etc, but it is poppy cock)
If the stars align for you you can win in a random circumstance.
It won't happen again this season for him and it changes nothing about Merc being the dominant team.

And don't forget Maldonardo won a race....

paracletus

1000RPM
Dec 6, 2013
Mugello next week, what a great track never thought f1 would be there.
It's one of the best to drive in assetto corsa; spent many an hour going round and round.
Don't care if it's a mercedes 1-2, will be glued to the seat for every minute. Thrilling. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: bgil66

safi hellie

250RPM
Jul 18, 2019
Maldonado was actually a world class driver ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Which was kinda my point. They have all been in the system since little kids.
On the right day at the right time when the stars align a win is possible when the best cars mess up.

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
Which was kinda my point. They have all been in the system since little kids.
On the right day at the right time when the stars align a win is possible when the best cars mess up.
I get your point, but Maldonado was wrong comparison to Gasly. Maldonado won on pure pace. He got 2nd in Q only behind 1 faster car, which was penalized after that and gave him pole-position. That was not "stars aligned" win.
Other than that, yes, every(most :D ) driver on the grid if it was in place of Gasly would do the same on Sunday.