Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

2020 Formula One Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

No, newbs fail to understand that every little bit of aero and carbon and winglets, is the actual reason these cars go around a track so fast....
They think its the drivers...

Lewis is a better F1 driver than Bottas, that is clear.... but then there are about 15 drivers on that grid alone who are better than Bottas....
Yet he comes 2nd, all because he is also in the best car by a mile...
If a car allows Bottas to get poles and come 2nd.... you know that car is awesome..

Lewis Fans: Lewis is the best of all times
Regular F1 Fans: Name one Merc engineer
Lewis Fans: Toto Wolf

I wish good luck to Bad-Luck-Bottas™. Let's see which mystery circustance this weekend will cost him the victory.
I'd love to hear your conspiracy theory about the "mystery circustance".
LmIe1vN.png

safi hellie

@Simberia
It's all opinion anyway, and mine is that Leclerc, Ricciardo and Verstappen could do a better job than Bottas, those are the only ones I have confidence in. I have said it before, it's a lot easier to shine in a midfield team with lesser relative team-mate strength than to perform against the best. Gasly in previous year and Albon this year are perfect examples of this. Bottas was well rated in 2016 when he got podiums with a midfield Williams.

How many times!!

OK right the William's at that point was NOT a midfield car!

And in the best car Vettel can win the WDC 4 times, so clearly he is better than bloomin Bottas who has won zero WDC in the best car....

Ryan Soucy

Premium
I disagree... Racing is boring thanks to the other teams not doing a better job. I guess it's easier to hate the Mercs.

Why should the team who does a better job take the blame...it's FIA and the other teams responsibility.

You're reading more into my sentence, I am a Merc fan. No hate there. This year is quite amazing in the gap they've pulled. And yes, the onus is on the other teams to catch up, especially since we're about 7 years in to the current turbo formula (Ferrari...everyone's looking at you). Just saying one team usually nails the combo, or the challengers can't get out of their own way (think McLaren during the Ferrari/Schumacher era). Makes for boring racing. At least MotoGP is not disappointing this year.

You're reading more into my sentence, I am a Merc fan. No hate there. This year is quite amazing in the gap they've pulled. And yes, the onus is on the other teams to catch up, especially since we're about 7 years in to the current turbo formula (Ferrari...everyone's looking at you). Just saying one team usually nails the combo, or the challengers can't get out of their own way (think McLaren during the Ferrari/Schumacher era). Makes for boring racing. At least MotoGP is not disappointing this year.
My bad.. Apologies... Merc fans don't argue with each other.... We leave that to others

BillyBobSenna

Premium
Thank goodness for F1 TV's "RACE IN 30". No way I could stay focused for 90 minutes of a typical 2020 F1 race. For me, qualifying has more interesting content than the races on most weekends.