Alright when was that again.....?

Does it really matter at this point what the weather does? Is this the only way to inject even the remotest entertainment out of this farce now?
Actually.

No.

F1 hasn't been to this track since 2013, before the hybrid era. Should be a great show and very interesting to see the pecking order.

But seeing as you aren't even interested in F1 i don't expect you to understand that.

F1 hasn't been to this track since 2013, before the hybrid era. Should be a great show and very interesting to see the pecking order.

The Nurburgring is a great track and a lot of fun to watch. The only positive about this whole pandemic tragedy is the fact that we got races at Mugello, the Nurburgring, Istanbul, Imola and Portimao. (And that's really the *only* good thing, I just want to make sure that people don't think I'm talking covid-19 lightly.)

Last edited:
Memory lane when crowds were allowed: Great GP venue, also the pre and post F1 activities ;)
Now we can expect a rainy weekend. Maybe something unexpected happens again?

Enjoy the race weekend!

As long as Max has an engine in his car - and not becoming a Fred Flintstone - I placed my bets on him this weekend. Although Seb on his home track would/could also be a nice farewell 'gift'.

Last edited:
At the time of this post Lewis is heading the poll by a goodish margin, which I find strange as the question to the poll is:

"Who do you want to see win the Eifel Grand Prix?"

and not:

"Who do you think will win the Eifel Grand Prix?"

Anyway Lando it is for me.
Like it or not, there are many Hamilton fans on this planet :p

So medical helicopter(s) unable to fly while cam-copter making a fly-over those...hmm
Edit: apparently due to even denser fog around the hospital.

Besides, yesterday I voted a German for the return on a German track :D

Last edited:
Anyone else secretly hoping for a little snow during one of the sessions? That will make it very interesting to say the least. Maybe they can make a little cover for the cockpit to keep their...cockpit....warmer.
I wonder if the operating window of F1 tyres would allow for really cold temperatures? Have they ever tested these tyres at temperatures below 10C? I think I remember a Barcelona testing session being that kind of cold.

Mercedes seem to have a very narrow window for tyres when it comes to heat, I wonder are they just as limited at the other end too? If Mercedes keep suffering in these less than ideal conditions could it bring Red bull into contention? Max Verstappen isn't that far behind in the championship either.

I wonder if the operating window of F1 tyres would allow for really cold temperatures? Have they ever tested these tyres at temperatures below 10C? I think I remember a Barcelona testing session being that kind of cold.

Mercedes seem to have a very narrow window for tyres when it comes to heat, I wonder are they just as limited at the other end too? If Mercedes keep suffering in these less than ideal conditions could it bring Red bull into contention? Max Verstappen isn't that far behind in the championship either.
You know Max did some (fun)testing in the snow back in 2016 with all wet Pirelli tyres. ;)

Hopefully we get a more exciting FP2 vs FP1. Tuning in now

Edit: and again at least a 30 minute delay....
Edit2: and cancelled. Best live action was Vettel showing the Schumacher Sr helmet to son Mick.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that maybe I was way off about electrics adding much to the forces on a driver.

The acceleration that is hurting them the most is the side to side force that F1 cars are capable of because of their tremendous downforce and I'm guessing the electrics won't actually have much of an impact on deceleration.

So the only difference would be Acceleration, but that may actually be a bit easier on the driver since there will be no shifting jolts or engine peaks and just a smooth acceleration.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years