• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Who do you think will win the British Grand Prix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2020 Formula One British Grand Prix

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2020 Formula One British Grand Prix.

The fourth round of the delayed 2020 Formula One World Championship heads to the home of the British Grand Prix this weekend, with the first of two races at the historic Silverstone circuit set to be held under typical mixed British summertime weather.

With the Mercedes steamroller start to the season yielding three victories from the opening three rounds, Silverstone this weekend will be a critical opportunity for the likes of Red Bull, Racing Point and Ferrari to restart their season, and claw back some much needed ground on the mighty Silver Arrows.

Sadly for racing fans, the fast sweeping turns of the Northamptonshire venue should make for a perfect playground in which to showcase the superior aerodynamic configuration of the 2020 Mercedes Formula One car - something that is likely to leave their closest rivals with sleepless nights, such has been the performance advantage of the German brand so far this season.

Further down the field, Racing Point will be hopeful that a home advantage helps the team unlock the potential of their Pink Mercedes, with drivers Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll yet to fully maximise the ultimate performance of what could potentially be a 'best of the rest' car this year.

Can Ferrari get on top of their current woes at Silverstone? Will Red Bull be able to put up a fight against Mercedes? Are Racing Point able to challenge for the podium? Is it time for Williams to convert their potential to a first points finish for George Russell? All will be revealed on Sunday afternoon...

Who do you think will win the British Grand Prix? Let us know in the comments section below!

Silverstone F1.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Kurvz

75RPM
Premium
May 2, 2011
Who voted for Perez, Just like to wish him a speedy recovery, and welcome back the Hulkster.

Reactions: SaXXXon

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
My naive me wanted to vote for Verstappen but just before pushing the button my realistic me clicked on Hamilton. And he deserves it. Would be another milestone if Hamilton wins this GP at Silverstone.

Kurvz

75RPM
Premium
May 2, 2011
Wouldn't that just be awesome if he did win his first, I really rate the hulk

The GT Formula

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
Voted Lewis as he is incredibly strong and in the best car.
I think the Hulk could get on the podium if he does race in the pink panther, but he may need a race or two to get up to speed with the car. Realistically, Stroll has more chance of getting on the podium due to knowing the car better. Perhaps. Who knows eh?

davehenrie

250RPM
Jun 4, 2017
michael Schu CRYING at the podium press confernce, comforted by Mika when he either tied or broke Senna's Q record. Mika jumping behind a bush to CRY when he missed a shift and lost a sure win, trouble was, the press heli was right above him, the bush offered no privacy.

Reactions: The GT Formula

The GT Formula

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
Crying out of pure emotion about something that means so much to you is not usually something people take the mick out of... what a strange thing to pick up on...
Haven't most people, with some sort of moral compass, cried about something at some point?

Reactions: ast654 and aphidgod

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
OK can happen Albon but maybe it happens a bit too often? Sure he will - also- be disappointed. Hopefully for him not any consequences yet? Both RedBull drivers already mentioned the massive understeer.

Vettel's car remains in the pitbox again...

Hulk improving quickly. Will he be faster then his teammate Stroll?

GP20

500RPM
Oct 24, 2016
michael Schu CRYING at the podium press confernce, comforted by Mika when he either tied or broke Senna's Q record. Mika jumping behind a bush to CRY when he missed a shift and lost a sure win, trouble was, the press heli was right above him, the bush offered no privacy.
Ok, that's not what i meaned.

There are conversations with his engineer which are ridiculous.
I cant' remember précisely but it could be like that :

Lewis to his engineer : "are you sure you give me wet tyres?"

Engineer : "Yes Lewis, we did."

Lewis : "Are you sure other have rain too."

Engineer : "Yes Lewis there is rain all over the place."

Lewis : " Are you sure the rain is not against me?"

Engineer : " No Lewis it's the same rain for everybody."

lol

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
A Merc, Red Bull and a McLaren driver would all have to DNF for Hulk to get a podium...I wouldn't put it past him in this car if he was driving all the time, but he didn't fight hard enough/made too many errors to get podiums when he was in F1 all year, much less substituting for 2 weeks. I'd be thrilled if he pulled it off (would be a great sendoff for him) but I don't see it happening in this timeframe.

Ok, that's not what i meaned.

There are conversations with his engineer which are ridiculous.
I cant' remember précisely but it could be like that :

Lewis to his engineer : "are you sure you give me wet tyres?"

Engineer : "Yes Lewis, we did."

Lewis : "Are you sure other have rain too."

Engineer : "Yes Lewis there is rain all over the place."

Lewis : " Are you sure the rain is not against me?"

Engineer : " No Lewis it's the same rain for everybody."

lol
Lots of drivers complain all the time, you just hear Hamilton's radio more because he's the most accomplished driver on the grid by far. Niki Lauda complained when his car drove like crap or the weather was too dangerous, so did Senna, Prost, Schumacher, etc...even if you think his complaints are silly , his driving surely isn't, so he must be doing something right overall...but sure, keep singling him out ;)

Reactions: Keith_G and Enagee