Alright when was that again.....?

Verstappen winning this would be epic. But that would also change the World Championship odds. Most likely won't happen, because the Mercedes will go to their operating power @ Q3. I still believe they will improve a lot over Q2. Still sandbagging. But who knows. I'm really curious how the static motor settings rule will have it's effect on the cars in the Q and R overall.

Verstappen winning this would be epic. But that would also change the World Championship odds. Most likely won't happen, because the Mercedes will go to their operating power @ Q3. I still believe they will improve a lot over Q2. Still sandbagging. But who knows. I'm really curious how the static motor settings rule will have it's effect on the cars in the Q and R overall.
It is confirmed that they have used one engine mode for spanish GP qualy and race(and the gap was still devastating) in order to get ready for spa, but then that rule delayed to monza, so it's make sense that they will again act like spanish GP to get a better reference for monza too.

It is confirmed that they have used one engine mode for spanish GP qualy and race(and the gap was still devastating) in order to get ready for spa, but then that rule delayed to monza, so it's make sense that they will again act like spanish GP to get a better reference for monza too.

Allright, thanks for clarifying. Didn't know the new rule for a static engine mode is delayed.

Allright, thanks for clarifying. Didn't know the new rule for a static engine mode is delayed.
Yeah originally it was set for spa but for an unknown reason to us :D it got delayed to monza, and i must say the rule has some exceptions, summary:

"From the Italian GP onwards the same ICE mode must be used from the start of qualifying to the end of the race, but in effect only when a driver is running flat out.

Different modes can be used for in and out laps in qualifying, and any lap that is 20% slower than pole. In the race the laps to the grid, the lap after the chequered flag and any laps run under safety car or virtual safety car conditions are also excluded.

While the same mode has to be used throughout qualifying and the race on a given weekend, the mode chosen can vary between events.

ICE parameters can also change within a lap, but the same pattern has to be repeated on every lap.

Reflecting an earlier TD that covered parity between customer and works teams all engines from the same supplier must be run in the same mode on a given weekend.

Some allowance will be made for power units that are already in use, and which may have different levels of mileage and/or damage that a team has to take into account when they are operated."

*copied from motorsport.com
* It's only about ICE modes, not the electric power modes, so while the amount of allowed deploy-able electric energy during a lap has a cap (as before), still the different modes and where/when they want to use it, are still in the game
* I believe Mercedes is still want to simulate the Post-Monza situation but with a safety margin if needed, maybe if they fail to get the pole with a good margin at first Q3 run they turn the engine up for qualy and then race in lower mode for the last time that is allowed.

Oh boy, super heavy rain started a few mins ago

Last edited:
I know who he was, thanks. I just found it weird and kind of disrespectful to say the wrong name, when talking about this incident and giving tribute to the man.
The article misspells his first and last name, a whole three errors in one short name.

Apparently you don't. Dude. Give it a break already. That's not an 'article' that you say it is, that's his official Twitter :rolleyes: :
His last name isn't Herbert like you keep incessantly insist that it is, its Hubert. And his first name isn't misspelled either, it's Anthoine.

Nice job ruining a simple tribute to the man. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently you don't. Dude. Give it a break already. That's not an 'article' that you say it is, that's his official Twitter :rolleyes: :
His last name isn't Herbert like you keep incessantly insist that it is, its Hubert. And his first name isn't misspelled either, it's Anthoine.

Wanker.

As was previously noted by @Sven Dahn he was referring to the original article by PJ. He was not correcting YOU and saying that YOU spelled it wrong. Maybe you're the one making a mess out of the tribute by feeling all offended because, of course, it must be about YOU. So, if you really want to go and cry at someone, go cry at PJ. Because, you know, he works for RD and can do something about it. Otherwise STFU and see the bigger picture.

Wanker.
Mate, you keep misreading me. The original RD article keeps getting the name wrong, not you. Not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far he has done less that 20 laps. In order to crash, you actually have to be present on track. God Haas stinks this year.

But not as bad as Ferrari. Ferrari, if legally possible, how about digging out last years car? Because it CANT GET ANY F...... WORSE!

And Verstappen; I still think you're a spoiled brat, but you're the only legit challenger to Merc. Get your act together and drive the wheels off that thing!

And rain. For the love of (insert deity), please rain.

Ok, ok just FP2. So is it fair to compare? But I think this is not where Ferrari wants to be? What going on with that team? Or is it a strategy to be behind Haas and Alfa Romeo? Somewhere I read that 100kg in their car extra was a part of the secret agreement with FIA. If you see this overview you almost start to believe it.

Anyways: Enjoy the race weekend! F2 also very interesting with new kid on the block Yuki on pole.

Spa FP2 comparison.jpeg

Mate, you keep misreading me. The original RD article keeps getting the name wrong, not you. Not me.
Thanks for calling me a wanker about it though. Appreciate it

You were the first person replying to the original topic, by the subtopic of Anthoine, the only thing you typing was his misspelled name. What was I suppose to think? And honestly, I didn't even see or read that PJ even mentioned Anthonie.

In your second post quoting my reply to you, all you had to say was "Not you, PJ" But you didn't. So what was I suppose to think? How the hell would I know your talking about someone else when you're only quoting my comment? Who else would you be talking about?

Again, I had no idea PJ even mention Anthonie because I didn't read or see his intro.
Water under the bridge.

Just after dropping their appeal, Renault have significantly increased their pace whereas RP have counter performed in a track where they were expected to be very fast as it was usually the case in the last years. Strange...

Please rain!
The thing with Spa it never seems to rain over whole track. So it builds up in lower sections and drys more in the elevated sections. The woodland and trees will also affect how the rain falls based on the angle of attack . We only had one wet race at Holkenheim last year. It caught a lot of top drivers out. So i would guess most drivers don't know how to manage these cars in the wet. There are different levels of rain from heavy (Which will stop event) to a light sprinkle that some drivers can handel. The track is amazing you barley have to lift of in the turns. So rain will put emphasis on brake application. The cars at the back run more wing to compensate lack of power so this may work well for Ferrari who got kicked out in Q1. Maybe this is a wet strategy. Run car heavy and pass cars up front as they crash with looser setups.

Back to Earth: the way to compensate for a lack of power is less wing. Ferrari may have kept more downforce than necessary today in anticipation for tomorrow's rain, but I would bet McLaren and Racing Point did that too. As for Mercedes and RedBull it is certain that they are ready for the rain (since their strongest sector was the 2nd) so that even their incredibly bad rain drivers will make it.

Last edited:
Back to Earth: the way to compensate for a lack of power is less wing. Ferrari may have kept more downforce than necessary today in anticipation for tomorrow's rain, but I would bet McLaren and Racing Point did that too. As for Mercedes and RedBull it is certain that they are ready for the rain (since their strongest sector was the 2nd) so that even their incredibly bad rain drivers will make it.
Actually it is the other way round if the power unit is weak you run more downforce. The extra grip helps with passing cars. So front runners have less wing and back markers have more.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%