2020 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix | Discussion Thread

Who do you think will win the Belgian Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interslice

250RPM
Premium
Jun 3, 2019
Lads, calm down. He is refering to a misspelling in the opening post/article by PJ. Not the end of the world.

rubaru

4000RPM
Dec 7, 2015
Apparently you don't. Dude. Give it a break already. That's not an 'article' that you say it is, that's his official Twitter :rolleyes: :
His last name isn't Herbert like you keep incessantly insist that it is, its Hubert. And his first name isn't misspelled either, it's Anthoine.

Nice job ruining a simple tribute to the man. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wanker.
As was previously noted by @Sven Dahn he was referring to the original article by PJ. He was not correcting YOU and saying that YOU spelled it wrong. Maybe you're the one making a mess out of the tribute by feeling all offended because, of course, it must be about YOU. So, if you really want to go and cry at someone, go cry at PJ. Because, you know, he works for RD and can do something about it. Otherwise STFU and see the bigger picture.

Reactions: Fat-Alfie

Sven Dahn

10RPM
Jul 1, 2014
Apparently you don't. Dude. Give it a break already. That's not an 'article' that you say it is, that's his official Twitter :rolleyes: :
His last name isn't Herbert like you keep incessantly insist that it is, its Hubert. And his first name isn't misspelled either, it's Anthoine.

Nice job ruining a simple tribute to the man. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wanker.
Mate, you keep misreading me. The original RD article keeps getting the name wrong, not you. Not me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan Larsen

500RPM
Premium
Sep 20, 2009
Well, so far he has done less that 20 laps. In order to crash, you actually have to be present on track. God Haas stinks this year.

But not as bad as Ferrari. Ferrari, if legally possible, how about digging out last years car? Because it CANT GET ANY F...... WORSE!

And Verstappen; I still think you're a spoiled brat, but you're the only legit challenger to Merc. Get your act together and drive the wheels off that thing!

And rain. For the love of (insert deity), please rain.

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
Ok, ok just FP2. So is it fair to compare? But I think this is not where Ferrari wants to be? What going on with that team? Or is it a strategy to be behind Haas and Alfa Romeo? Somewhere I read that 100kg in their car extra was a part of the secret agreement with FIA. If you see this overview you almost start to believe it.

Anyways: Enjoy the race weekend! F2 also very interesting with new kid on the block Yuki on pole.

Spa FP2 comparison.jpeg

Reactions: Interslice

CreamyCornCob

500RPM
Oct 23, 2018
Mate, you keep misreading me. The original RD article keeps getting the name wrong, not you. Not me.
Thanks for calling me a wanker about it though. Appreciate it
You were the first person replying to the original topic, by the subtopic of Anthoine, the only thing you typing was his misspelled name. What was I suppose to think? And honestly, I didn't even see or read that PJ even mentioned Anthonie.

In your second post quoting my reply to you, all you had to say was "Not you, PJ" But you didn't. So what was I suppose to think? How the hell would I know your talking about someone else when you're only quoting my comment? Who else would you be talking about?

Again, I had no idea PJ even mention Anthonie because I didn't read or see his intro.
Water under the bridge.

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
Expected more from both Racing Points. Gap HAM - BOT 0,5 sec is pretty much. Hamilton impressive quali again. Renault surprise (for me)

bm91

100RPM
Jan 14, 2017
Just after dropping their appeal, Renault have significantly increased their pace whereas RP have counter performed in a track where they were expected to be very fast as it was usually the case in the last years. Strange...

Reactions: snyperal

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
Please rain!
The thing with Spa it never seems to rain over whole track. So it builds up in lower sections and drys more in the elevated sections. The woodland and trees will also affect how the rain falls based on the angle of attack . We only had one wet race at Holkenheim last year. It caught a lot of top drivers out. So i would guess most drivers don't know how to manage these cars in the wet. There are different levels of rain from heavy (Which will stop event) to a light sprinkle that some drivers can handel. The track is amazing you barley have to lift of in the turns. So rain will put emphasis on brake application. The cars at the back run more wing to compensate lack of power so this may work well for Ferrari who got kicked out in Q1. Maybe this is a wet strategy. Run car heavy and pass cars up front as they crash with looser setups.

LeSunTzu

1000RPM
Feb 13, 2013
Back to Earth: the way to compensate for a lack of power is less wing. Ferrari may have kept more downforce than necessary today in anticipation for tomorrow's rain, but I would bet McLaren and Racing Point did that too. As for Mercedes and RedBull it is certain that they are ready for the rain (since their strongest sector was the 2nd) so that even their incredibly bad rain drivers will make it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koen Verlinde

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
Back to Earth: the way to compensate for a lack of power is less wing. Ferrari may have kept more downforce than necessary today in anticipation for tomorrow's rain, but I would bet McLaren and Racing Point did that too. As for Mercedes and RedBull it is certain that they are ready for the rain (since their strongest sector was the 2nd) so that even their incredibly bad rain drivers will make it.
Actually it is the other way round if the power unit is weak you run more downforce. The extra grip helps with passing cars. So front runners have less wing and back markers have more.

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
Wow, not even the 10th or 11th for Ferrari....
Looks like there will be a little rain. Accidents in this case will be in front and mid pack. Ferrari can work around accidents and mouve up. I think its a strategy for a wet race that they may pull off.